Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

My Q500 4K drowned

Reaction score
I have a problem can anyone help I bought my yuneec q500 4k four months ago im a 57 year olds former Marine so when I got this drone I got really into it and was flying really good around my neighborhood and around our lake and just this Friday I was flying the same old flight plan andall of sudden my controller didn't control any more and my drome came straight down into the lake nothing I could have done and now im sadden that I cant spend that kind of money again so my favorite hobby is now goine unless you can help me...

Last edited by a moderator:
If you upload your telemetry files to this thread we can get some idea if it might be covered under warranty. Transfer the Telemetry, Remote, and RemoteGPS folders from the ST10+ to a new folder on your PC. Then zip them into a mytelemetry.zip file and use the Upload a File button to post it in this thread.

If you upload your telemetry files to this thread we can get some idea if it might be covered under warranty. Transfer the Telemetry, Remote, and RemoteGPS folders from the ST10+ to a new folder on your PC. Then zip them into a mytelemetry.zip file and use the Upload a File button to post it in this thread.
before your first flight,
Did you put an sd card in the controller? That’s where DoomMeister was recommending getting your files

the sd card that was in the controler was inside the camera. you know I just cant believe that you spend that kind of money on something and just like that, you loose control and your cool drone is gone forever. now I have a bunch of accessories and no drone. I know that the company is probably saying oh well is his loss. but, that don't make it right, I bought it to film around and enjoy, never once thinking it would falter in that way. I have been diving in my lake hoping to find it so I can try to repair it my self but at 15 feet deep in my lake is hard to see. but I will continue diving and hopefully ill find it. because even thought I know it wasn't pilot error it hard to prove to a multy million dollar company that their baby did something it wasn't suppose to do, and Im left without a drone and many hundreds of dollars wasted. well thank you all for letting me vent,just wish me luck that I find my boy in the lake...

the sd card that was in the controler was inside the camera. you know I just cant believe that you spend that kind of money on something and just like that, you loose control and your cool drone is gone forever. now I have a bunch of accessories and no drone. I know that the company is probably saying oh well is his loss. but, that don't make it right, I bought it to film around and enjoy, never once thinking it would falter in that way. I have been diving in my lake hoping to find it so I can try to repair it my self but at 15 feet deep in my lake is hard to see. but I will continue diving and hopefully ill find it. because even thought I know it wasn't pilot error it hard to prove to a multy million dollar company that their baby did something it wasn't suppose to do, and Im left without a drone and many hundreds of dollars wasted. well thank you all for letting me vent,just wish me luck that I find my boy in the lake...
How many flights do you think you had on it?
From your description it sounds like an ESC may have failed. If one is defective they usually go bad during the first 60 minutes of operation.
Do I understand that there was no sd card under the battery in the ST10?

How many flights do you think you had on it?
From your description it sounds like an ESC may have failed. If one is defective they usually go bad during the first 60 minutes of operation.
Do I understand that there was no sd card under the battery in the ST10?
no it was in the drones camera to capture video at least that's what the instructions told me to do to use that card in the camera. I had probably had ten flights in the same area and never a problem till then 4 bars in the battery and fully charged controller and on the second lap the battery showed 2 bars but the controller did not move the drone no matter what I did and then it started to drop slowly and then right into the water it whent.I will be diving again this weekend pray for me I will find it somehow I just cant let it go to much money...

From your description it sounds very typical of an ESC failure. I wish you luck in recovering it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval