Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Need advice - repair or replace and if so with what?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
After flying my H+ RS successfully since late 2018 I finally crashed it. Rookie mistake, lost video link, was watching a frozen screen instead of the bird and crashed at speed into rocks. Despite bouncing down the rock face (camera separated early) damage seems minimal, both landing gear legs broke (internally) and camera separated from mount - seems something is missing there (see pic). If I can figure our how to fix the camera (and get the parts) I guess I could get back into the air. BUT all four of my batteries are getting poofy so might be time to replace them. Shame is I loved this drone, the 16S, the very very steady video etc. So whats the advice of my fellow pilots - sell it all for parts to someone or fix it and buy new batteries? I have the backpack and DY5 charger too and ND filters. If the going thought is replace - with what? Is there a new model that improves on mine but could still use the 16S? 20200708_132246.jpg

Unfortunately you are in a tight spot if you're in the US, as CS here is now - nonexistent. I have seen a post that mentions there is an ebay seller that is going to be dumping a lot of Plus parts so you might want to check that out but for the most part - Yuneec does not exist. The H Plus is no longer sold and the new H3 is hard to find, batteries for the Plus can be found, my local Best Buy has two Brand new in the box marked down to 139.00 a piece so you may want to check one near you.

My Plus is still going well, but if I got into your shoes, I would sell it for parts. About the only proven (and truly available) drones on the market that have the kind of image quality the Plus does; are going to wear a DJI badge unfortunately. I recently added a Mavic 2 Pro to my inventory and it's a very good little drone but it does not have all the features the Plus does but it has a lot of stuff the Plus Doesn't so there is that.

Reactions: Steve Carr
Unfortunately you are in a tight spot if you're in the US, as CS here is now - nonexistent. I have seen a post that mentions there is an ebay seller that is going to be dumping a lot of Plus parts so you might want to check that out but for the most part - Yuneec does not exist. The H Plus is no longer sold and the new H3 is hard to find, batteries for the Plus can be found, my local Best Buy has two Brand new in the box marked down to 139.00 a piece so you may want to check one near you.

My Plus is still going well, but if I got into your shoes, I would sell it for parts. About the only proven (and truly available) drones on the market that have the kind of image quality the Plus does; are going to wear a DJI badge unfortunately. I recently added a Mavic 2 Pro to my inventory and it's a very good little drone but it does not have all the features the Plus does but it has a lot of stuff the Plus Doesn't so there is that.
I am in the US (unfortunately I guess)

So Ty are you saying not get an H3 because no CS in the US for it?

That is a tough call as we really don't know that much about the H3, but it is for certain that Yuneec's presence (both from a CS and parts and repair perspective) are very lacking currently. I can only say that personally - I would not get an H3. I don't think it is any better than an H Plus but is almost 800 dollars more IF you can find one, and - if anything were to go wrong, you'd be right back where you are with your Plus.

I am sad to say this but it is my honest opinion on these circumstances as I am still very much a proponent of the Typhoon series.

That is a tough call as we really don't know that much about the H3, but it is for certain that Yuneec's presence (both from a CS and parts and repair perspective) are very lacking currently. I can only say that personally - I would not get an H3. I don't think it is any better than an H Plus but is almost 800 dollars more IF you can find one, and - if anything were to go wrong, you'd be right back where you are with your Plus.

I am sad to say this but it is my honest opinion on these circumstances as I am still very much a proponent of the Typhoon series.
Sad to hear, I loved the platform. Will look at Autel and I just cannot go to the DJI dark side, for many reasons.

After flying my H+ RS successfully since late 2018 I finally crashed it. Rookie mistake, lost video link, was watching a frozen screen instead of the bird and crashed at speed into rocks. Despite bouncing down the rock face (camera separated early) damage seems minimal, both landing gear legs broke (internally) and camera separated from mount - seems something is missing there (see pic). If I can figure our how to fix the camera (and get the parts) I guess I could get back into the air. BUT all four of my batteries are getting poofy so might be time to replace them. Shame is I loved this drone, the 16S, the very very steady video etc. So whats the advice of my fellow pilots - sell it all for parts to someone or fix it and buy new batteries? I have the backpack and DY5 charger too and ND filters. If the going thought is replace - with what? Is there a new model that improves on mine but could still use the 16S? View attachment 22583
Contact John @Yuneec Skins and see if he can help you . He is an Approved Vendor on here and may have it.

Reactions: Steve Carr
If it's just the legs broken on the landing gear, it's an easy fix. The slip ring replacement on the camera is very tricky and you risk causing further damage if you try to replace it. So you would need to send the cam to someone for repair. I agree with Murray. I'd contact Yuneec Skins to get an estimate on replacing the slip ring.

If you decide to sell it as is, put the link in the Classifieds in this forum.

Reactions: Murray Martz
Sorry I couldn't Comment Earlier, if I'm not Shipping Orders, or doing a Repair, I'm answering Questions on the Phone, or emails. I've been hearing from a lot of Customers that they can't find Parts anywhere......
Here is a Good Example of Camera that's just not worth the effort to repair, this Camera's Frames are Bent in 3 Directions, it's just not Cost effective to Repair. It's a Part's Donor now.
They do make Good Paperweight's, or Door Stop's.
Look's like yours is just a Top Mount Separation, it' is easy to overlook Bent Frames the Encoders on the C23 & E90's are very sensitive, due to the Weight these Cameras.Parts Donor C23 10.1.png

Last edited:
If it's just the legs broken on the landing gear, it's an easy fix. The slip ring replacement on the camera is very tricky and you risk causing further damage if you try to replace it. So you would need to send the cam to someone for repair. I agree with Murray. I'd contact Yuneec Skins to get an estimate on replacing the slip ring.

If you decide to sell it as is, put the link in the Classifieds in this forum.
Thanks everyone - John at Yuneec Skins bought it all - so he has more parts now!

Reactions: Murray Martz
Sorry I couldn't Comment Earlier, if I'm not Shipping Orders, or doing a Repair, I'm answering Questions on the Phone, or emails. I've been hearing from a lot of Customers that they can't find Parts anywhere......
Here is a Good Example of Camera that's just not worth the effort to repair, this Camera's Frames are Bent in 3 Directions, it's just not Cost effective to Repair. It's a Part's Donor now.
They do make Good Paperweight's, or Door Stop's.
Look's like yours is just a Top Mount Separation, it' is easy to overlook Bent Frames the Encoders on the C23 & E90's are very sensitive, due to the Weight these Cameras.View attachment 22591
Looks familiar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval