Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Need Firmware Version That Removes 8,000-Foot Operational Elevation Limit

Reaction score
I need to get the firmware patch that removes the 8,000-foot operational elevation limit for my Q500 4K. It's pretty obvious that Yuneec no longer gives a crap about Q500 owners. None of the links to their Support web site for the various firmware versions work anymore. I live in the Denver area. If you do too, and you have already had to deal with this problem and you think that you can fix this problem, I will be glad to pay you for a fix. That includes anyone living in Colorado Springs, Boulder, Fort Collins — anywhere within about 150 miles of Denver. Text me at 630-877-6500 if you think you can help!

DoomMeister

Moderator/Tech Junkie
Staff member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Here is the altitude restriction removal. I do not have instructions for its installation. I downloaded this from the file repository at yuneec-forum.com.

Attachments

• Q500_v1.07_10_05_2015_no_max_altitude.zip
    189.4 KB · Views: 46

Steve Carr

Missed Approach
Staff member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
The Q uses larger props and slower motors in order to reduce noise. So that reduces the max altitude it can be safely flown. That's the reason for the alt limit. The H with 6 props and more power can be flown up to 12k ft.

DoomMeister

Moderator/Tech Junkie
Staff member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
^^^^^^^^^
Thanks @h-elsner !

Is that the same for the one to remove the NFZ? If I can ever find that download again.

DoomMeister

Moderator/Tech Junkie
Staff member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Than

Thanks DoomMeister! I really appreciate your help!
Would living in Aurora for 6 years count for the original post? I was stationed at Lowry AFB from 1980 to 1985.

Hope this gets you flying up in the mountains. Just heed warnings you see in many older posts on this forum and on yuneec-forum.com about reduced flight time and the ease of icing on the props.

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisgreenslade