Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Need help programing my Typhoon Q500 -4k

Reaction score
My son crash it I replaced the propellers and landing gear know all if does nothing but beeping and flashing different colors and try to reset it on YouTube videos and made it worst please help me I'm out of Yuma AZ
Thanks in advance

The beeps and flashes are codes. Some come from the drone, some from the camera. The PDF below might help identify the issue. It would be best to connect the Q500 GUI to the drone for more detailed information of what is causing the issue.
This PDF shows the LED codes. Do you need help with setting up or reading the GUI?

Attachments

• Q500 4K Cheat Sheet.pdf
    466.9 KB · Views: 31
The beeps and flashes are codes. Some come from the drone, some from the camera. The PDF below might help identify the issue. It would be best to connect the Q500 GUI to the drone for more detailed information of what is causing the issue.
This PDF shows the LED codes. Do you need help with setting up or reading the GUI?
Yes please if you are able to help me with the GUI thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 7cyclops
You will need the GUI from the Yuneec Q500 Download page:
"Downloads - Typhoon Q500 4K"
You will need the programmer interface cable:
"Yuneec USB Interface / Programmer for CGO3, CGO2-GB & Q500, Q500+, 4K"

If you already have both:
1.) Start the GUI by RIGHT clicking the Icon, and select "Run as Administrator"
The GUI takes a long time to start, and often does not indicate any activity on the screen. Give it at least one full minute to come up on screen.
2.) Connect the Q500 to the Computer using the instructions on the first screen of the GUI:
GUI.JPG
3.) Select "GPS Information" on the left.
4.) Wait a few minutes to see how many satellites may show up.
5.) Take a screenshot, and upload it to the Forum.

Reactions: Freddy1983
You will need the GUI from the Yuneec Q500 Download page:
"Downloads - Typhoon Q500 4K"
You will need the programmer interface cable:
"Yuneec USB Interface / Programmer for CGO3, CGO2-GB & Q500, Q500+, 4K"

If you already have both:
1.) Start the GUI by RIGHT clicking the Icon, and select "Run as Administrator"
The GUI takes a long time to start, and often does not indicate any activity on the screen. Give it at least one full minute to come up on screen.
2.) Connect the Q500 to the Computer using the instructions on the first screen of the GUI:
View attachment 21182
3.) Select "GPS Information" on the left.
4.) Wait a few minutes to see how many satellites may show up.
5.) Take a screenshot, and upload it to the Forum.
Thank you I will go ahead and order the GUI and hope to get it fix

If you could post a video showing the lights and the beeps, we might be at least able to get into the ballpark of the issue. (You can't upload a video directly to the forum. You have to upload it to something like YouTube, and paste a link to it in the forum.)
If you can't do a video, even a description of the locations, colors and on/off pattern of the lights, and a description of the beeps might be enough. We can at least try to help interpret them.

nothing more than a usb
True that it is a USB cable, but it is not an everyday USB interface cable that can be picked up at your neighborhood electronics store. It is a specialized cable from a Yuneec.

Reactions: 7cyclops
My son crash it I replaced the propellers and landing gear know all if does nothing but beeping and flashing different colors and try to reset it on YouTube videos and made it worst please help me I'm out of Yuma AZ
Thanks in advance
I too have the Q500 4k
I'm in Dateland,AZ , down the road from Yuma, but leaving toward Tombstone tomorrow...
Best bet is to write down what all the lights do. It means something. What colors front and a back are, how many times the flash. Fast or slow. How many beeps etc. All says something.
But you need to figure that out 1st

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval