Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Need tablet info for the Mantis

If I understood you correctly in the previous post the stock holder will extend to 6 inches. What is the dimension when it is fully contracted (I think my iPhone 7 is about 2.75 inches wide with the low profile protective case on it)?

Thanks for sharing your experiences. Hope you enjoy your MQ.

Oh if you have the iphone even with case on it im pretty sure it would fit from all i read the Mantis Controller was made with apple iphone in mind. Im not sure on the measurements exactly im using or was til the tablet but it was an lg stylo 4 I had to shave down the sides of my case but made it fit with case on without the case wouldve fit with no issue.

I hope you have better luck with your galaxy tab A. I have posted in another thread that the galaxy tab A does work but the video lag makes it impractical to use.

I hope you have better luck with your galaxy tab A. I have posted in another thread that the galaxy tab A does work but the video lag makes it impractical to use.
The video lag is the only killer on it honestly if I could find a tablet that does everything this does with better video it would be perfect. I took the advice of DoomMeister and looked on gsmarena.com getting close to finding one I think the Lenovo Tab 4 looks very promising just wish someone had figured this out already dropping hundreds of dollars trying to find the right one isnt the way to go. One other thing ive been looking at are tablets being used with dji the controllers look somewhat the same and more people have tryed with those drones. Just google best tablets for dji drones it does show a few results.

I have a Lenovo tab I can try later this week. I don’t have one to try but perhaps an iPad mini 3rd gen or later would work. I know my 6s runs better than my S9 for the Yuneec pilot app. The weak spot on tablets in my opinion is ram. I think something with 4gb would work well.

Reactions: DoomMeister
I have a Lenovo tab I can try later this week. I don’t have one to try but perhaps an iPad mini 3rd gen or later would work. I know my 6s runs better than my S9 for the Yuneec pilot app. The weak spot on tablets in my opinion is ram. I think something with 4gb would work well.
Deffinately let me know on the Lenovo they have one on Amazon for $97. Heres one that may work as well its pricey though but was noted as running flawlessly with dji Xiaomi Mi Pad 4.

@Scijohn23

About time you jumped into this thread;)

You must have been busy riding the Interstates. I am curious what you think is the biggest drag on the video feed from the Mantis.

Okay so I took out the mantis with the Lenovo this afternoon. The Lenovo I have is the 10.1 version of the one they are selling on amazon for 97 bucks. The tablet ran Yuneec pilot great with no lag whatsoever. Big however though, I wouldn’t recommend it for use. The tablets screen is not easily visible outside, even in the shade. It has a very thick capacitive touchscreen that just ruins any outdoor use. The quality of the view when you could see it was acceptable, not great. The exact specs are Lenovo TB-X104F running Oreo 2gb ram 1280x800 max resolution with a Snapdragon 210 processor. My Tab A is SM-T280 running Lollipop 1.5 gb ram 1.3 quad core.

We have the exact same sm-T280 tablet. Sad to here that the screen was the downer on the Lenovo at least it sounds like if we find one with specs like the Lenovo we might be in the good. Thank you for posting the results.

Good news from Yuneec on the video lag! There is a new version of YuneecPilot app that addresses the lag in video decoding on the way soon.

Samsung Galaxy A SM-P550 runs Yuneec pilot very well. Tested and great outside. Not sure where you would get a holder big enough for a 10” tablet. Lol I sat it on my lap while sitting. So perhaps the issue with the smaller Tab A is the OS my 10” tab has android 7.1.1

Reactions: AZflyer83
Awesome I may look at that one and I believe with the adapter I have it would hold a 10in tablet as long as it didn't have a protective cover on it.

GPS is not necessary, but can be used by the app if available. We look forward to hearing how this works for you.
Hi, I recently updated my Phone to a Galaxy S21 Ultra, and now suffer with the lack of live video feed. I have contacted Yuneec Europe, and have not got any response back yet. To be honest, I wasn't really expecting any. I contacted a UK supplier who told me Yuneec have pulled out of the domestic market and hence no longer sell the Mantis Q or G, and other models, preferring other markets (Commercial), instead. So I have ended up with an expensive paper weight. Not happy at forced obsolesence after 2.5 years. Anyway, I got thinking and I have an old IPad Air 1st gen. Downloaded the Yuneec pilot app and all seems to transfer OK. The processor may be a little slow and there is no GPS, but it should work, right?? Just got to figure out how to attach to the controller now. I see a 3D printed bracket is available (Shapeways), but they want more for postage to the UK than the bracket costs.

Any thoughts please on the controller/IPad setup??

Thanks

Yeh, thats the company that charges more for delivery than the cost of the part. Made a quick DIY bracket to try and I think the IPad option is too top heavy to be used comfortably.
Anyway, now sorted. Bit the bullet and ordered a refurbished Samsung S9+ phone purely for the Mantis controller. Running Android 10 and Yuneec Piolt 2.0.4. All working great. Can only assume it's either Android 12 as on my S21 Ultra, or something on the Ultra thats stopping video feed. Yuneec pilot 2.0.4 runs fine on S21 Ultra. Anyway, this way I won't get disturbed by txt or calls when flying the Mantis Q.

Yeh, thats the company that charges more for delivery than the cost of the part. Made a quick DIY bracket to try and I think the IPad option is too top heavy to be used comfortably.
Anyway, now sorted. Bit the bullet and ordered a refurbished Samsung S9+ phone purely for the Mantis controller. Running Android 10 and Yuneec Piolt 2.0.4. All working great. Can only assume it's either Android 12 as on my S21 Ultra, or something on the Ultra thats stopping video feed. Yuneec pilot 2.0.4 runs fine on S21 Ultra. Anyway, this way I won't get disturbed by txt or calls when flying the Mantis Q.
I see you mentioned not getting disturbed by calls or text with the refurbed phone. By any chance did you ever try the S21 by placing it in airplane mode first so the cellular is off? This can help with older apps sometimes. The other issue that comes to mind is changing port properties in the Android Settings so the port you use for connecting to the Mantis controller looks for data instead of charging.

I see a lot of posts from Android users on the MavicPilots forum that have issues with the Android trying to charge from the controller as well as video feed issues due to port properties prioritizing charging ahead of data.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bcecleaning