Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Negativity

Reaction score
Man, it is such a bummer to read posts where people get really nasty. I am all about free speech but there's gotta be something in the terms and conditions that forbid it. I just signed up and don't feel like digging for the post to quote, but I have been reading for a few months and seen some really nasty things. Let's be nice, well professional at least. No one and no thing is perfect. That said; the H is a good bird, I have 2 of them and a CGO ET. I just returned an E50 because I bought it and didn't do my homework to find out that it's not compatible with the H and they want me to buy the 520, imagine that. Capitalism. Aren't these things made in China? Anyway. At least the batteries are compatible with the new bird. That's 1200 bucks I don't have to spend again. I appreciate that since it is a matter of when I end up getting that thing. This is kind of a ramble but I wonder what kind of responses it will get.

Yeah, I heard that also, the E50, and E90 are not compatible with the H480...yet. I've also heard that Yuneec may be addressing this down the road. Fingers crossed.

Also, I second your comment on the nasty bit. Mods here do a really good job but occasionally some people are attacked for various reasons unrelated to their initial question. While I don't like it, I also get that people are people. Patience and understanding seem to be at a minimum.

This is kind of a ramble but I wonder what kind of responses it will get.

Not a ramble at all. What kind of responses would you like?

I agree with you, but over time I've learned that some of us get quite defensive when we think our beliefs are questioned. Members here live all over the world, and have different backgrounds and experiences. Easy to misinterpret a post.

What services does C&M offer?

Kinda feeling out how it would go with my first post and gauging the response. This forum has been a great resource in learning the machine and software. It has also been a great exercise in people watching.

We are fully licensed and insured. I don't know the rules are regarding advertising but we offer a lot of services; real estate photography to search and rescue. We are out of Southern Vermont. We are a relatively new company but things are looking good. Trying to stay out of the real estate stuff and stay more with the contract work. I really enjoy working with our news station.

I like Yuneec but I run "the other stuff" too. There is a time and a place for every bird we have and we have a lot of birds.

You could learn more about our company by searching us out on the web. C & M Aerial Imaging Solutions, Southern Vermont

You are very welcome here. Make yourself at home. If you have questions you don't want to post, use a PM to me or any Mod and we'll try to help.:)

Man, it is such a bummer to read posts where people get really nasty. I am all about free speech but there's gotta be something in the terms and conditions that forbid it. I just signed up and don't feel like digging for the post to quote, but I have been reading for a few months and seen some really nasty things. Let's be nice, well professional at least. No one and no thing is perfect. That said; the H is a good bird, I have 2 of them and a CGO ET. I just returned an E50 because I bought it and didn't do my homework to find out that it's not compatible with the H and they want me to buy the 520, imagine that. Capitalism. Aren't these things made in China? Anyway. At least the batteries are compatible with the new bird. That's 1200 bucks I don't have to spend again. I appreciate that since it is a matter of when I end up getting that thing. This is kind of a ramble but I wonder what kind of responses it will get.
I know exactly what you mean. I am a long standing member of this forum with many posts under my belt, and I've owned a H480 since they first became available to the U.K. consumer market at the start of June last year.

Unfortunately, a small number of my posts have been misinterpreted by folks in other parts of the world including the U.S.A. Never has it been truer to say that our two countries are separated by a common language. I say 'boot', you say 'trunk'...I say 'colour', you say 'color'. I may say 'fag' (a slang term for a cigarette in the U.K.) and you may misinterpret that as an observation on your sexuality.

Misunderstanding a post goes two ways, though. I'm not perfect. So what I will do is carefully read a post that I'm thinking of responding to, to try and make sure I've not misunderstood what is said in it. I mostly get it right...I try.

Reactions: Rayray
"If thine eye offends thee . . ."

The majority of messages in this forum are friendly and intelligently composed. But in keeping with the principle of free speech and the diversity of human nature a few messages which some or all of us might find offensive is inevitable. My advice is to just step over them like dog-poo on a sidewalk and keep walking. Don't let it bother you.

I think when money is involved tempers flair. When you buy a product you expect it will work as advertised. When it doesn't it can be quite painful. I haven't experienced this with Yuneec and my birds fly beautifully, however I have with other companies and I let anyone I can know how crappy the service and product is (Upair). I started out as most, RC flying as a teenager, hobbyist quadcopters, to drones, to UAS 4k video drones. Year can be quite expensive and when you are trying to convince your wife to buy one, poor doing it as a business money is a big factor.

I agree wholeheartedly with your sentiments when it comes to the loss of language in today's world. We forget that it is language that combines us all, regardless of race, religion or creed. When we abuse that language, we abuse ourselves and others because we show our total ignorance of how powerful Language can be, if used properly used in a positive manner. Normally, it is much younger in age that abuse the language as to seek in their own eyes a certain amount of self proclaimed power. You must admit, although reluctantly, that these little sh--'s do have the right to speak their mind, but without limits, it is really sad.

A little after 1776 a document was created to guarantee that. Many forget the document guarantees the right to do that for everyone, not just themselves.

A little after 1776 a document was created to guarantee that. Many forget the document guarantees the right to do that for everyone, not just themselves.

Your absolutely correct, but keep in mind, that thousands of of us, including myself, have spilt blood and their lives to preserve this Right that most of you take for granted. I was wounded in Vietnam and was awarded the Purple Heart for those wounds, not only physical, but mental. (PTSD) which was unheard of when I was released from the Army. So I take a dim view of those who take advantage of the Freedom of Speech and yet, have done nothing to preserve it for this nation.

You are not an island. I've done 5 Iraq, 1 Afghanistan deployments, and some lessor maritime work. There was no draft, everyone that went was a volunteer. OTOH, I share your opinion of those that take without giving anything in return. Especially those who's intent is to destroy that which they've been given.

I too am a Vietnam Veteran who volunteered rather than wait out the draft. What I love about this forum is that there are a lot of intelligent & helpful replies to query about products, regulations, services and sharing of some great drone projects. I believe very strongly in the right of free speech and personal responsibility. One may speak their mind but not yell "Fire" in a crowded theater. When I read or see anything I find offensive, I choose to ignore it and move on with my life. I may express an opinion if asked or if it strikes a cord with me but will never berate another publicly. I applaud the moderators for their approach to this forum and appreciate the opportunity to be a part of the growing multi-rotor hobby/industry.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ludwig