Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New B4UFLY FAA App

Reaction score
My phone updated the B4UFLY App from the FAA. The old version always alerted me to contact the airport about a half mile away before flying. There is also a USFS heliport there. The new app says "Good to go! No advisories, but stay alert" It is class G airspace but the planes go over pretty low. What's up with that?

The old app was noteworthy for it's inaccurate display of abandoned airports and grass strips that had been inactive for 50 yrs.
The new app was created to provide correct information.

This airport is Rogers Field O05 (oh zero five). It is not abandoned or a grass field. In the summer it can get 100 take offs and landings per day and it is a USFS air attack base. The old app told me to go 5 miles away to fly and I always did. I would love to fly right out of my backyard but....really? I'm only a half mile away. To fly, or not to fly...that is the question.

The objective is to fly safely. Watch and avoid where ever you fly and stay low if you believe aircraft may be coming into the area.

The objective is to fly safely. Watch and avoid where ever you fly and stay low if you believe aircraft may be coming into the area.
Is this app only for US? It's shows good to go everywhere even at large military airport and even London Heathrow.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190804-080937.png
    Screenshot_20190804-080937.png
    300.2 KB · Views: 24
This airport is Rogers Field O05 (oh zero five). It is not abandoned or a grass field. In the summer it can get 100 take offs and landings per day and it is a USFS air attack base. The old app told me to go 5 miles away to fly and I always did. I would love to fly right out of my backyard but....really? I'm only a half mile away. To fly, or not to fly...that is the question.
Go with what your water tells you. If you are uncomfortable flying there then don't. Don't be afraid to shy away from a doubtful area. I did exactly that last week at a disused railway viaduct: A little voice in my head was nagging me not to fly it...so I didn't even though, on the face of it, everything seemed ok with the area.

Is this app only for US? It's shows good to go everywhere even at large military airport and even London Heathrow.

To my knowledge B4UFLY only works for the USA as it was commissioned by the FAA for the company that developed Kittyhawk to update it to the new rules instituted in 2018.

Reactions: Steve Carr
Your good fly as Steve Carr mentioned. Just be careful.

It's like railroad tracks.
It's property we're not supposed to be on.
But if you are, and happen to hear a train coming, get clear.

I was up 220ft when the pipeline inspection plane came by.

To my knowledge B4UFLY only works for the USA as it was commissioned by the FAA for the company that developed Kittyhawk to update it to the new rules instituted in 2018.
Yes I can see now, thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis