Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New breeze owner looking for tips

Reaction score
I just purchased a new breeze with the controller. Haven't used it yet and looking for any tips prior and during flight. Thanks.

Even though this is easy to fly, via phone and controller. My advice to you as a beginner/novice is find a nice open spot near your house so you can go daily/weekly to practice. Set the return to home heights and distance to something reasonable for the spot you are practicing in. Set the Geo-fence height low and distance close and practice take offs/landings and maneuvering. Aircraft orientation will be one of the most challenging aspects of flying a small aircraft. As you get better and better and build more confidence, take your breeze further and further out and get use to orientation on pads and sticks when flying away and towards you. Because left could mean right and right could mean left at times. Good thing about drones as opposed to planes is they can hover so easy to correct yourself. Practice, practice practice. Open yard or field with no trees. Don’t try flying indoors yet!

Make sure you calibrate your breeze at first go! And recalibrate at any new spots further away from where u first did and always clean the sensor glass on the bottom before every flight. An ounce of caution now goes a long way...

Reactions: Marc.RCAddict
If this is your 1st drone I suggest you don't fly higher than 6 feet when starting out. Try flying figure 8s. then try taking off, then fly forward 6 feet, land, take off, turn around and fly back to start, turn around and land.

This will help you alot. I used a cheap $ 15 rc helicopter inside and at the office to learn how to fly in any direction. It was a big help.

Reactions: Marc.RCAddict
How's it going you had your first flight yet?

I was not new to drone when I got my breeze but the first flight is always the most exciting and worrying lol..

Yeah a helipad of some sort is a must have, my old helipad was to small for my breeze so I placed the breeze on the grass and took off and landed a few times etc, big mistake to be honest because now I have dust and tiny bits of grass on the inside of my belly cover and on the lenses, I have not yet had the obstruction or dirty lenses warning, but I know it's only a matter of time before I have to take the belly cover off and clean inside it, not looking forward to that to be honest..

ATB Marc

Not my first drone. I have a wingsland S6 which i like. Dont use it much cause i dont like using the virtual joysticks . Waiting for the R6 controller to come. I bought a helipad for the drones. Will be in Europe for 3 weeks so I'll use the yuneec when I get back. I did get the version that comes with the controller.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Digicrusader