Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New Breeze owner with a story and some questions.

Be careful where you fly there. All State Parks are NFZ by state law, in addition to any National Parks. There are also many wildlife refuges that are also off limits.

Flying on and near beaches you have to be extra vigilant for helicopter traffic. They are used a lot for Coast Guard, law enforcement, and tourist charters. They can legally fly lower than fixed wing aircraft and they do a lot of it along the beaches.

Well being that the breeze is so small I never thought about that. I wouldn't be a problem because I rarely take it over 70 feet or so.

Unmanned Aircraft in the National Parks (U.S. National Park Service)
Violation of the ban is a misdemeanor with the maximum penalty of six months in jail and a $5,000 fine.
My city had just passed an ordinance to ban all drones. Since I knew that, I have not flown any drone because I didn't want any trouble.
btw, misdemeanor means must have a lawyer to go to court which cost $$$. If I get caught flying at National Park, I'll prefer to pay the fine instead of going to jail to meet Bubba :p
I think the drone law will cause sales of drones to drop as more and more people tell sad stories of encountering with law enforcement. Owning/flying DJI Mavic Pro 2 will be like owning/driving a Ferrari that can go 200mph on highways.

Violation of the ban is a misdemeanor with the maximum penalty of six months in jail and a $5,000 fine.
My city had just passed an ordinance to ban all drones. Since I knew that, I have not flown any drone because I didn't want any trouble.
btw, misdemeanor means must have a lawyer to go to court which cost $$$. If I get caught flying at National Park, I'll prefer to pay the fine instead of going to jail to meet Bubba :p
I think the drone law will cause sales of drones to drop as more and more people tell sad stories of encountering with law enforcement. Owning/flying DJI Mavic Pro 2 will be like owning/driving a Ferrari that can go 200mph on highways.

Well all this information sucks. I just wanted to get some sunset pictures way up when theres few people on the beach. I'm gonna take it anyways and see what happens.

Get the AirMap app and UAV Forecast. They will help guide you on where you can fly on the beaches. It is usually better to fly over the water than the beach so you are less likely to be flying over people.

Be extra vigilant for helicopter and ultralight aircraft traffic.

Get the AirMap app and UAV Forecast. They will help guide you on where you can fly on the beaches. It is usually better to fly over the water than the beach so you are less likely to be flying over people.

Be extra vigilant for helicopter and ultralight aircraft traffic.
Also kinda useful is the B4youFly App I usally check it everytime since it gives me a idea of Airports nearby

Last edited:
Thanks Doomeister and data2000 for your advice. I took the day off today and have scouraging the internet on and off and havent found anything that says you can't fly on beaches. Just the normal stuff like stay 5 miles away from an airport or military base and don't fly around people. One thing I have read alot of is make sure you register your drone with the faa. Does the breeze need to be registered?

Thanks Doomeister and data2000 for your advice. I took the day off today and have scouraging the internet on and off and havent found anything that says you can't fly on beaches. Just the normal stuff like stay 5 miles away from an airport or military base and don't fly around people. One thing I have read alot of is make sure you register your drone with the faa. Does the breeze need to be registered?
Yes because of its weight I'm guessing you won't be doing any commercial use so you will want to go thru the process as a hobbyist. Be aware it will cost you $5 USA and you are required to place your FAA # on the drone. I also recommend placeing your phone # in case you end up having a Fly Away
Here's the URL to start the process.
My experience is had my registration approved in less then 30 minutes.

DRONE REGISTRATION
You should use the second I posted here to register to get the $5 rate instead of $24.95 above.
The other URL I posted is for information [emoji6]

Official FAA Drone Registration, Drone Labels, ID Cards, Part 107 Training
Also my self I live by the beach in Florida and have tons of Airports near by so I'm very careful because of Coast guard and helicopters running around.

Last edited:
Yes because of its weight I'm guessing you won't be doing any commercial use so you will want to go thru the process as a hobbyist. Be aware it will cost you $5 USA and you are required to place your FAA # on the drone. I also recommend placeing your phone # in case you end up having a Fly Away
Here's the URL to start the process.
My experience is had my registration approved in less then 30 minutes.

DRONE REGISTRATION

Also my self I live by the beach in Florida and have tons of Airports near by so I'm very careful because of Coast guard and helicopters running around.

Ok thank you. i will register it tonight. We vacation every year in Siesta Key. I never see anything flying around. So I should be good. I plan on doing it at night for some sunset footage so not many people around especially in the off season and the redtide going on. Have you taken yours on the beach?

Yes YOU do as a hobbyist and you can place that registration number on as many of your hobbyist drones as you desire. It is a $5 fee that is good for 3 years and this is the FAA site to go to FAADroneZone.

Ok thank you. i will register it tonight. We vacation every year in Siesta Key. I never see anything flying around. So I should be good. I plan on doing it at night for some sunset footage so not many people around especially in the off season and the redtide going on. Have you taken yours on the beach?
I'm up in near Treasure Island John's Pass usally I go down near Fort DeSoto since there is no Aircraft. Yes the Sunsets are beautiful. Be careful County parks are off limits.

The only thing listed for Siesta Key in AirMap is the following:

ED7C2ADE-A4B9-41BE-B7DC-3BCC43BC4B1E.png

Good news. You can legally fly drones on Florida beaches. When I asked the property manager he just laughed and said people do it all the time. Just stay away from people and buildings. So I've been having a blast doing so. Being new to the hobby the Breeze easily exceeds my expectations. As with most cameras it doesn't do very well in low light conditions. Check it out. Of course it won't allow me to upload videos. (the uploaded file does not have an allowed extension)But stills are fine.

Attachments

• Breeze_180911180109_003.JPG
    Breeze_180911180109_003.JPG
    4.3 MB · Views: 10
  • Breeze_180911174614_004.JPG
    Breeze_180911174614_004.JPG
    5.9 MB · Views: 9
  • 20180911_195733.jpg
    20180911_195733.jpg
    18.8 MB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Good news. You can legally fly drones on Florida beaches. When I asked the property manager he just laughed and said people do it all the time. Just stay away from people and buildings. So I've been having a blast doing so. Being new to the hobby the Breeze easily exceeds my expectations. As with most cameras it doesn't do very well in low light conditions. Check it out. Of course it won't allow me to upload videos. (the uploaded file does not have an allowed extension)But stills are fine.
Post the video to your Google Drive or Dropbox or a Hosting site then use VLC player to view. Hosting a video on this website would over whelm this website quickly [emoji6] then share the link if you want others to see it. Including YouTube which will accept .mov files. YouTube will convert the file to MP4.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss