Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New Breeze Pilot. So far so good...

Reaction score
Saying hello from Cambridge UK folks.

Picked up a used B4K with FPV set on Friday, which had already been updated to latest firmware. I've been building and flying quads from 100 to 700 size for the last 7 years and I have a Phantom 3 advanced. I was sitting on the fence with buying a Spark Fly More but they are just too expensive to justify a £700 spend imho.

I started out on my Samsung Galaxy S8+ and had some trouble with the FPV controller. All buttons worked except I had no gimbal control in the air (worked on the ground). I flew two packs in the park down to 30% and got just one brief WIFI dropout on the first pack, and no flaws on the second pack. At the moment there are 15-17mph winds and I was surprised how well the Breeze handled it.

I've now switched to an iPhone 6S and re-bound the controller to it. I just put a pack through it. The gimbal control now works as advertised and it just feels slightly better in FPV-Normal mode on the iPhone than the SGS8+. This mirrors my experience on the P3A where switching from a Galaxy Tab S to an Ipad Mini 2 gave me much better software performance.

There a big raincloud incoming but I am going to try and put the other pack through with the iPhone, and see if I get any glitches. As long as it behaves itself as it is doing now I will have no regrets chossing a Breeze over the Spark for my use case as I don't want any obstacle avoidance / gesture control / Jedi mode nonsense!

One question if I may - is there any electronics in the battery pack or is it just a dumb battery?

Second pack went through okay. Third pack I got a wifi disconnect at about 20 feet altitude :(

Reconnected just as it started climbing for an RTH. I realise I might have been flying right by the location of my home router. My iPhone has no sim, is in airplane mode, and has been set to forget the home wifi.

Firmware details

Client 1.0.8.1

Serial YU16390627B09A01

FCV 1.1.2 ESC 1.0.3

CAMERA 2.0.15(f)

Any other tips to avoid disconnects?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member