Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New CGO4

That's affirmative, right now I'm leaning towards a problem with the aircraft. Either way whether it's the aircraft or the camera ( I think I've ruled that out) it still chaps my *** because it's a new system, and should have been checked out before shipping. Only my opinion of course.

Yes camera bound to controller, how about firmware update? Would that have anything to do with it?

Yes camera bound to controller, how about firmware update? Would that have anything to do with it?
Have you flown the 920 yet?

So I'm throwing spaghetti against the wall as I think most do but I'd try letting the 920 sit on a level floor for 15 minutes. Another question that I have ulterior motives for; When you bound the camera what option(s) showed up? In other words what version of the camera showed up?

You might try binding the system again. I’ve had my CGO-4 lose bind after being separated from the aircraft.

I’m curious, where did you obtain the 920? Was it new or a refurb? Either way you might want to get the warranty process started with calls to the dealer and Yuneec, and to obtain any corrective assistance they may be able to provide.

If it gets straightened out without sending it back, great, but if not you’ll have the warranty claim on record early. From what I’ve “heard” they often replace rather than repair 920’s.

So I'm throwing spaghetti against the wall as I think most do but I'd try letting the 920 sit on a level floor for 15 minutes. Another question that I have ulterior motives for; When you bound the camera what option(s) showed up? In other words what version of the camera showed up?
When I bound it gave only one option: CGO4

You might try binding the system again. I’ve had my CGO-4 lose bind after being separated from the aircraft.

I’m curious, where did you obtain the 920? Was it new or a refurb? Either way you might want to get the warranty process started with calls to the dealer and Yuneec, and to obtain any corrective assistance they may be able to provide.

If it gets straightened out without sending it back, great, but if not you’ll have the warranty claim on record early. From what I’ve “heard” they often replace rather than repair 920’s.
I purchased from genuinauthenticdeals on Ebay. Was told it was a brand new unit. Funny thing was when I un-boxed and inspected the aircraft, I noticed the damper plate was assembled totally upside down. I took it apart and re-assembled. I have registered it with Yuneec as a new purchase (camera, too)

At this point I only have a couple things left to try. One is to turn everything on, wait for them to boot, then tap on the battery icon at the top left of the ST-16 screen to bring up the controls monitor. Items 7-8-9 and 10 are the camera controls. Cycle them to see if full range of motion occurs for each one, except one, which I think is channel 9. That one will only show half travel as the switch is a three position design that's only providing two functions. If they don't show full travel there's likely an issue in the ST-16 such as dirt or corrosion that needs to be cleaned/corrected. If they do show full function the problem is somewhere else.

The last idea, and something I have not personally tried, is to attempt using the Typhoon H GUI to try the camera CGO-2 calibration function to see if it will work with a CGO-4. The 920+ does not have a camera calibration feature the user can access and activate that I've come across.

From there I'd call Yuneec and have them check the serial number to determine if the 920 was new or refurb'd. Of course they would have to have records to establish that and want to tell you. FYI, your seller is one of two authorized sellers in Kansas City aside from Yuneec. One of them sells refurbs while the other sells Yuneec warehouse stock. I don't recall which is which. One member here does but he would have to provider further clarification. Vertigo Drones has been the lowest priced "store front" seller of the 920+ and they're still at $2,999.00 for new 920's. The $2,599.00 eBay pricing makes me wonder a little. All that doesn't really matter as the warranty is applicable as new or refurb.

Reactions: ttmarch
I purchased from genuinauthenticdeals on Ebay. Was told it was a brand new unit. Funny thing was when I un-boxed and inspected the aircraft, I noticed the damper plate was assembled totally upside down. I took it apart and re-assembled. I have registered it with Yuneec as a new purchase (camera, too)
I got mine from there I've had no issues so far if you email them they will help you out

Just contact. The ones you bought it from they are won't leave you hanging and they get back to you pretty quick

I think contacting Yuneec and the sellers immediately after discovering an issue is always a good idea. Doing that provides early notification for warranty purposes and puts us in touch with the service people that should have the most system knowledge for trouble shooting purposes. That could put an early end to our frustrations and perhaps get a turn around process going that would return the product to us sooner rather than later. None of us want to deal with the time, expense, and effort involved with returns but there will be many times that beats spending days or weeks trying to figure a problem out on our own.

Last edited:
I got my 920 + from them. It came with a st16 that did not work and I got 2 different choices when I tried to bind the cgo4. Contacted Yuneec and they stated that was normal. I then asked which version I should choose. They replied as if I was stupid and said the newer one. I informed them that the new one did nothing and the older version was messed up. The 920 would fire up when I tried to zoom which made my underwear turn brown.

For those asking how I got the camera working with a bad st16, I got one of my other st16's from my 480. In their defense the guys on Ebay asked if I wanted another st16 or to return. I returned it. Got full credit back. So I don't know how the 16 fell apart during shipping but it did. I called Yuneec and they verified that they are an authorized dealer.

Reactions: ttmarch
At this point I only have a couple things left to try. One is to turn everything on, wait for them to boot, then tap on the battery icon at the top left of the ST-16 screen to bring up the controls monitor. Items 7-8-9 and 10 are the camera controls. Cycle them to see if full range of motion occurs for each one, except one, which I think is channel 9. That one will only show half travel as the switch is a three position design that's only providing two functions. If they don't show full travel there's likely an issue in the ST-16 such as dirt or corrosion that needs to be cleaned/corrected. If they do show full function the problem is somewhere else.

The last idea, and something I have not personally tried, is to attempt using the Typhoon H GUI to try the camera CGO-2 calibration function to see if it will work with a CGO-4. The 920+ does not have a camera calibration feature the user can access and activate that I've come across.

From there I'd call Yuneec and have them check the serial number to determine if the 920 was new or refurb'd. Of course they would have to have records to establish that and want to tell you. FYI, your seller is one of two authorized sellers in Kansas City aside from Yuneec. One of them sells refurbs while the other sells Yuneec warehouse stock. I don't recall which is which. One member here does but he would have to provider further clarification. Vertigo Drones has been the lowest priced "store front" seller of the 920+ and they're still at $2,999.00 for new 920's. The $2,599.00 eBay pricing makes me wonder a little. All that doesn't really matter as the warranty is applicable as new or refurb.
I will try this this evening

I got my 920 + from them. It came with a st16 that did not work and I got 2 different choices when I tried to bind the cgo4. Contacted Yuneec and they stated that was normal. I then asked which version I should choose. They replied as if I was stupid and said the newer one. I informed them that the new one did nothing and the older version was messed up. The 920 would fire up when I tried to zoom which made my underwear turn brown.

For those asking how I got the camera working with a bad st16, I got one of my other st16's from my 480. In their defense the guys on Ebay asked if I wanted another st16 or to return. I returned it. Got full credit back. So I don't know how the 16 fell apart during shipping but it did. I called Yuneec and they verified that they are an authorized dealer.
I could try my st16 from my 480, I’ll give that a try as well as Pats suggestions

Reactions: thoneter
My hats off to those that helped steer me in the right direction. Following PatRs suggestions, I tapped the upper left battery icon and brought up that value menu. Sure enough, channel 7 (tilt control) is not traveling full value. I compared new controller values to my H480 controller. Then I bound the H480 controller to the 920 and everything works as it should. So in short, I have a bad channel on the new controller. I can't wait fly this bird tomorrow. woo hoo. Thanks again guys, I love this forum!

Reactions: PatR and thoneter
If not for the warranty I’d suggest opening up the -16 and hitting that control with electrical contact cleaner.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss