Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New competitor for the Typhoon H

Status
Not open for further replies.
My bad I was reading it as less than 5 lbs not .55lbs. Thanks for the correction Brandon, I sometimes jump before looking. But you know someones going to make a half pounder with 4 k camera someday lol...

Looks good, Might have to sell the Phantom 3 (or typhoon H ?)

This and the H are 2 different drones completely. This thing is going to crush the GoPro Karma and I think hurt P4 sales a little. I'm not a DJI fan but I made my first purchase this morning and ordered the Mavic.
I think you're absolutely right, it will cannibalize the sales of some of their pricier drones, and it also demonstrates that GoPro waited too long to bring their drone to market, they could have established themselves firmly in that market segment before the 800 pound gorilla showed up. And the Yuneec Breeze? I don't think anyone who does any competitive research will buy it, it is going to make do with impulse purchases, and the holiday gift season.

Reactions: Rayray
I think you're absolutely right, it will cannibalize the sales of some of their pricier drones, and it also demonstrates that GoPro waited too long to bring their drone to market, they could have established themselves firmly in that market segment before the 800 pound gorilla showed up. And the Yuneec Breeze? I don't think anyone who does any competitive research will buy it, it is going to make do with impulse purchases, and the holiday gift season.

The Breeze is probably aimed at Selfie youngsters, simple, easy to fly and cheap. The Mavic is a higher dollar market, aimed directly at Go Pro users.

Wait til CES. 2017 will be interesting. Last years fizzle with prodrone is this year DJI. Lol

I think the breeze will do ok if the price comes down to $350 or less and then you will get a lot of kids and the selfie people buying it that really do not want a drone. They will sell it to people who think the controllers are too hard to learn but this just flies from my phone but the price has to come down.
As far as the Karma goes, yes it is about a year too late. It reminds me a lot of the 3DR Solo and I think it will go the same way. I predict that prices on it will fall to $599 without the camera. I like the Karma handle and gimbal and will get one of those for my wife to use with our GoPro.

My H is not going anywhere, I will be using it, my Autel and the Mavic. They will all have different uses. 1 Camera does not fit all needs. Just like 1 gun does not fit all needs, it is hard to carry my shotgun concealed and I'm sure as **** not hunting bears with my pistol.

Reactions: Brent
I think the breeze will do ok if the price comes down to $350 or less and then you will get a lot of kids and the selfie people buying it that really do not want a drone. They will sell it to people who think the controllers are too hard to learn but this just flies from my phone but the price has to come down.
As far as the Karma goes, yes it is about a year too late. It reminds me a lot of the 3DR Solo and I think it will go the same way. I predict that prices on it will fall to $599 without the camera. I like the Karma handle and gimbal and will get one of those for my wife to use with our GoPro.

My H is not going anywhere, I will be using it, my Autel and the Mavic. They will all have different uses. 1 Camera does not fit all needs. Just like 1 gun does not fit all needs, it is hard to carry my shotgun concealed and I'm sure as **** not hunting bears with my pistol.

Your right each drone for differnt projects

The mavic is not going after new market share but its loyal DJI owners. plus weakness is as followed if you fly without the plastic dome and crash its done for. I dont care how much tech there is any drone will crash ( dont get me Wrong i like the tech side of the mavic )

The Karma is a great overall package land and air with Gopro Eco system. Gopro is the slandered in action sports video.

Breeze if Yuneec lowers the Price to 299.99 it will be a hot seller this holiday season at retail stores like BB Frys target and Walmart ( its target is young teens which parents are goign to buy it for )

also I think its a bad time to buy a drone that cost 1,000 at this moment CES is just few months away and DJI is getting Ready for Phantom 5 or Inspire2. My bank account cant afford to buy a drone every 6 months (but i do have money to buy a New Nvidia GPU every six months LOL )

I still think the market in drones is finally reaching its peak not much more innovation in tech. OK maybe new Phantom 5 will have 4K Raw

All I can say is wow and who do I make the check out to?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWehi-c2zEg

Anyone else see this as a blatant attempt to advertise DJI products in the Typhoon H forum? It's the same method of disruptive, inflammatory, and non relevant behavior that has been experienced by ever maker of products that compete with DJI. Any comparative reference is applicable to Go Pro or Breeze, not the Typhoon and has no place here.

Reactions: banned user
The drone looks better than the Phantoms, but are the corners soft in some of the video?
Only 4 props.:(
Could be very difficult to see or isn't it expected to be used for LOS flying at any distance?
The controller is too small and are you stuck with a phone or can you use a tablet?
just watched a video showing the controller. If all you have is a tablet, you can use it vice a phone (plugs into the controller via USB).... except you'll have to hold it in your hand cause there is no tablet mount (the controller is way too small).

This and the H are 2 different drones completely. This thing is going to crush the GoPro Karma and I think hurt P4 sales a little. I'm not a DJI fan but I made my first purchase this morning and ordered the Mavic.

Exactly. The Mavic is not a Typhoon H. It's in the Portable Selfie Drone category. It works for my needs, but I'd never give up my Typhoon H for this model of drone. I use my Phantom in conjunction with the Typhoon H. I plan to use the Mavic as my portable drone for when I'm out snowshoeing, skiing, motorcycling, etc. Was waiting to use the Karma for this, but that thing has zero follow me mode and is missing a million other features.

Also... VERY IMPORTANT... The video & image quality the Mavic is amazing for such a small package BUT it's not a Phantom or Typhoon H image quality.

I think the Yuneec Breeze will do very well over the holiday season. It's priced right in that category for newbie drone buyers who want something simple that works indoors and outdoors with their phone.

The Mavic has an impressive list of sophisticated features that blew me away.

This feature is awesome just for one:

Precision Landing
Precision Landing technology means the Mavic is able to automatically land almost exactly where you took off. Every time you take off, the two downward-facing vision sensors record a burst of video of the ground pair it with satellite coordinates. When you tell the Mavic to fly home, it will return to that coordinate, match the video, and land back at your feet

------------------
Check this for a list of features!

Last edited by a moderator:
This was recently discussed here. Be sure and check the search before you craft your post. ;)
Thread closed. Please comment further here - The DJI Mavic is pure WOW

duplicate_content.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval