Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New Drone User Breaks Breeze 1 Minute into First Flight!

Reaction score
FYI I BROKE THE BREEZE'S GLASS BOTTOM SENSOR and majorly dinged propellers first time (forgot to put propeller guards on), first MINUTE I used it in my concrete backyard. Note to users: there's a reason why every drone comes with a warning not to use it if you don't know how to fly one, like me!!

On a happier note, it worked just fine yesterday in the park, though I still have to calibrate compass and get the video off it today. BE CAREFUL! This is a little junky toy even though it's pricey! Also, it's going to be bought by a lot of non-drone pilots like me.

So, KNOW WHERE THAT LANDING BUTTON IS before you use it (not like me) and download and read the real user manual available online before you fly it! Hey, at least now I'm not afraid to rough it up a bit.

Attachments

• broken breeze.jpg
    broken breeze.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 49
IMG_0581.JPG You don't even have to download the manual because it's in the app. But to read it is a good advise before take of.

In the manual it says you should not, I repeat NOT calibrate near concret because of interference.

Yes, I think "read" is key word there! I didn't even calibrate first time. I'm an English professor and I refuse to read directions lol. Learned my lesson. I'm buying a second one today, too before the $100 sale is finished. Do you know if the GPS has to do with the camera or the phone? I just wasn't sure.

FYI I BROKE THE BREEZE'S GLASS BOTTOM SENSOR and majorly dinged propellers first time (forgot to put propeller guards on), first MINUTE I used it in my concrete backyard. Note to users: there's a reason why every drone comes with a warning not to use it if you don't know how to fly one, like me!!

On a happier note, it worked just fine yesterday in the park, though I still have to calibrate compass and get the video off it today. BE CAREFUL! This is a little junky toy even though it's pricey! Also, it's going to be bought by a lot of non-drone pilots like me.

So, KNOW WHERE THAT LANDING BUTTON IS before you use it (not like me) and download and read the real user manual available online before you fly it! Hey, at least now I'm not afraid to rough it up a bit.

i changed modes in mid air during its maiden flight. it dropped 4 ft on concrete and the only visible damage was the glass on its belly. since then doesn't take off saying that it's too close to the ground.
suspected that the glass affects its sensors' calibration. so.. i bought another belly cover w/ a new glass. i get the same message. will not take off, says that's too close, and the first icon on the right upper corner is yellow. what to do. guys, please help! (i am not ready to spend another $400)

Hello. Sorry to hear that, and yeah, I know what you mean...about all.

So, here's what someone else posted to me to a different problem, but maybe it might work for you? It's the hard reset instructions. Also, may I ask how much the new glass cost you and where you purchased it?

Also, this may be silly so forgive but I'm first time drone user so I'm just mentioning it. Your Breeze is connected to the Breeze wifi with all the icons on top in color when you are trying to take off, right?

Here's the reset instructions I received from a post after I was receiving a "stalled motor" message after my second crash and it wouldn't take off again (by the way, I just turned the whole thing off and left it overnight and it seems to have righted itself so I didn't do a reset):

From Yuneec Tech Support - A Reset Feature. See my reply below.

I apologize for the late reply, we have been having some systematic errors here on our end. I have read your email and was going to let you know that you can try doing the reset on the Breeze unit if you'd like. What you would have to do is, where the the micro usb port is on the Breeze there is a little hole beside it. What you want to do is get a safety pin/ paper clip and press the button within the hole, then turn on the Breeze. You then want to remove the pin, let go off the power button and power cycle the Breeze. There may be an issue where there will be no flashing light on the Breeze after this but a power cycle should resolve that issue. If you are still having trouble, feel free to contact us so that we further assist you with the issues you are experiencing. Thank you

This was originally posted by FLYXLSA on another thread.

i will try to reset it using the details you shared with me. thank you
yes, the icons on the right top corner are all in color, except the first one (towards the middle of the screen) is yellow - and it's not supposed to be yellow.
i paid $40 on the underbelly cover that comes w/ the glass. it's called a cabin cover
bought it from Ingenious Ingenuity
here's a link to the part: Welcome to Ingenious Ingenuity - Ingenious Ideas and Products, Come Take a Look

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss