Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New firmware alive

looks like firmware is bulid 3 weeks ago :) for ST16

begin build properties
# autogenerated by buildinfo.sh
ro.build.id=KTU84P
ro.build.display.id=st16_system_v03.01.b23
ro.build.version.incremental=eng.yuneec.20160812.144501
ro.build.version.sdk=19
ro.build.version.codename=REL
ro.build.version.release=4.4.4
ro.build.date=Fri Aug 12 14:46:26 CST 2016
ro.build.date.utc=1470984386

looks like firmware is bulid 3 weeks ago :) for ST16
That's not unusual. They finished the development and then went through QA and certification. You don't want to finish writing code and ship it to customers the next day.

So found out with new firmware the H Craft turns around when it does RTH. It no longer just goes back like before

Reactions: Markinter
So found out with new firmware the H Craft turns around when it does RTH. It no longer just goes back like before
Needed for Obstacle Avoidance during RTH. I'm sure the RealSense-equipped TH would climb over/around obstacles, but I wonder what happens if you just have the sonar?

Without the IPS, the RTH feature can give you a hard landing.
If I make several altitude changes during my flight the ALT meter gets way off.
One time I was flying about 2 feet of the ground and the ALT showed that I was 20 feet off the ground.
When the ALT reading is off, it makes for a very hard landing on RTH.
I generally stick with manual landings for now.

I have read of multiple case such as I am having on this thread.
It seems to be a normal function, due to the many variable factors that can affect the barometer.

I may go ahead and drop a note in to the Yunnec support group.

Sweet! Perhaps Ill update when I get my ST16 back. Im figuring around April since it took so long to get a darn RMA to send it in!

So this firmware is not directly from yuneec website?

Bill W.
they are, but that does not mean we were intended to use them, they are unpublished, there is probably a lot of other stuff you could find if you used a bot to crawl their site...this could still be a beta..fw, kiss your warranty goodbye if you crash on an unreleased fw.

Just tested new firmware and everything worked great. The horizontal cruise is on the right hand control. You tap left trim button and h will fly sideways increasing in speed depending on how many taps you do. The top trim button makes the h fly forward again with incremental increases. Very cool feature. To exit you just move right stick and the h will respond. Didn't notice any glitches etc.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval