Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New firmware alive

No one will know if they improved the camera till we get out and fly.
So far what I have seen from ground testing I like it. I still wish they would change the GPS on/off to the AUX button. Much faster access then trying to get to it on the screen.
RTH height is wonderful, I no longer have to worry about flying into a tree.
The cruise I have not tested yet, but think it will be a great add on, can now set the H to do a big slow circle and not touch a stick. Let the H fly and concentrate on filming.
The camera controls on the pad buttons is a welcome change. Not sure how good it is as of yet, but it is a start.
The link on the whats new PDF does not work.

Some tricks to help with the upgrade:
I had to rebind the H, (Tilt the H forward 2 times till tail light blinks yellow amber color).
I had to rebind my camera.
other than that it went as advertised. and did not brick my H this time.

It is 9:00 AM here and if it was not looking like rain any second I would get out and test fly.

I have to give it to Yuneec, I guess they really do listen to us.:p

Reactions: TopFlightTexas
Have camera settings been improved or possibly even better image quality?
I understand that the arrow switchs that do nothing right now...one will control whit balance and exposure i believe. I doubt firmware can improve image quality tho.

Bill W.

No one will know if they improved the camera till we get out and fly.
So far what I have seen from ground testing I like it. I still wish they would change the GPS on/off to the AUX button. Much faster access then trying to get to it on the screen.
RTH height is wonderful, I no longer have to worry about flying into a tree.
The cruise I have not tested yet, but think it will be a great add on, can now set the H to do a big slow circle and not touch a stick. Let the H fly and concentrate on filming.
The camera controls on the pad buttons is a welcome change. Not sure how good it is as of yet, but it is a start.
The link on the whats new PDF does not work.

Some tricks to help with the upgrade:
I had to rebind the H, (Tilt the H forward 2 times till tail light blinks yellow amber color).
I had to rebind my camera.
other than that it went as advertised. and did not brick my H this time.

It is 9:00 AM here and if it was not looking like rain any second I would get out and test fly.

I have to give it to Yuneec, I guess they really do listen to us.:p
Thanks for the info...I have to go fly I will download when it appears on Yuneec US site...
attached is PDF with "What's New"

Attachments

• ST16 Firmware Update Version B23 What's New.pdf
    2.2 MB · Views: 98
I understand that the arrow switchs that do nothing right now...one will control whit balance and exposure i believe. I doubt firmware can improve image quality tho.

Bill W.

Firmware can improve cameras in the following way.
  • Improve focus speed, image stabilization, speed of operation.
  • Correct problems with focusing accuracy, white-balance and metering.
  • Add customization options (new options for buttons and dials via the setup menu).
  • Add functionality like increase EC range, greater range of manual controls.

• Add customization options (new options for buttons and dials via the setup menu).
Thank you for the informative reply!

Guess let me clarify. I dont believe it can improve this camera image quality. It has a fixed focus. Image stabilization is provided by the gimble. And it is supposed to activate the t switch for some camers controls.

Bill W.

Reactions: D See Ker

These are fixed focus cameras. No amount of firmware or software will compensate for a mis-focused lens, nor will it correct for sub par lens.

These are fixed focus cameras. No amount of firmware or software will compensate for a mis-focused lens, nor will it correct for sub par lens.

That is true, but settings for sharpening and compression ratios can be tweaked, as well as auto modes (such as the Gorgeous mode), to improve image quality. In all of the discussions about the camera, it's become pretty clear that most people start off with the default Auto modes, and they don't produce as good images as well processed raw files. There's plenty of room for Yuneec to improve that initial experience, and to make 'out of camera' shots really sing.

That is true, but settings for sharpening and compression ratios can be tweaked, as well as auto modes (such as the Gorgeous mode), to improve image quality. In all of the discussions about the camera, it's become pretty clear that most people start off with the default Auto modes, and they don't produce as good images as well processed raw files. There's plenty of room for Yuneec to improve that initial experience, and to make 'out of camera' shots really sing.
Ok

Bill W.

Guess let me clarify. I dont believe it can improve this camera image quality. It has a fixed focus. Image stabilization is provided by the gimble. And it is supposed to activate the t switch for some camers controls.

Bill W.

Sorry bill i was talking about cameras in general and not specifically the H,i should of clarified that in my post so i apologise for any misconception.

Is it safe to assume there isn't an H Pro version yet? Just asking since one of the options is to enable Realsense.

yes there is a pro version and you can buy it right now,the option you are seeing is for when the RS camera is purchased and fitted to the Advanced version of the typhoon H,which just to be clear you cant buy yet.

I don't think any more electronic sharpening will be usefull. Natural is the mildest (other than none in raw) and tiled roofs and patterned subject matter still take a hit in many circumstances. If the lens is out of focus physically then that is it.

Anyway some of the new additions look useful.:)

I don't think any more electronic sharpening will be usefull. Natural is the mildest (other than none in raw) and tiled roofs and patterned subject matter still take a hit in many circumstances. .

No, the point is they could change the sharpening algorithm, or tune it to favour particular scenes and so on. When it comes to video there are even more options for perceived sharpness, contrast, bandwidth...

Not negative just realistic....I don't think the reasons given that it wasn't released on the US or UK sites is because Yuneec are too busy, as you can see theres a lot of work gone into this update already...

Also the last EU FW was a bin file Verson2.15, the one you link to is 2.21. my suspicion is the released version on the UK and US sites will be in 2.22 file. I have it on good authority that a bug in this FW is still being work on. So yea, I'd don't want a beta, or to have to redo an update soon after installing it....you're just braver than me....

Last edited:
yes there is a pro version and you can buy it right now,the option you are seeing is for when the RS camera is purchased and fitted to the Advanced version of the typhoon H,which just to be clear you cant buy yet.
Sorry, I have the H Pro version, I meant is this Firmware compatible with the H Pro?

Reactions: Heater
Not negative just realistic....I don't think the reasons given that it wasn't released on the US or UK sites is because Yuneec are too busy, as you can theres a lot of work gone into this update already...
Also the last EU FW was a bin file Verson2.15, the one you link to is 2.21. my suspicion is the released version on the UK and US sites will be in 2.22 file. I have it on good authority that a bug in this FW is still being work on. So yea, I'd don't want a beta, or to have to redo an update soon after installing it....you're just braver than me....

My thoughts exactly

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio