Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New Firmware CAMERA features - Oct 28

Here's the panorama - This started with a west view and then CCW for 8 shots. Had my ND4 filter on the camera
Great photo....
But I have to ask, how many times have you pulled up and tried to open the garage door only to find you are at the wrong house?
They all looked the same to me.

Last edited:
Great photo....
But I have to ask, how many times have you pulled up and tried to open the garage door only to find you are at the swing house?

Strange...when I first glanced at the panorama, my thought was that it resembled a bee hive. Cool, though, for sure.

Thanks CD for posting camera stuff. I really appreciate it. Also thanks to others for contributing to camera usage threads to get the best video/picture quality. It is admittedly my Achilles's heel. You guys have saved me a lot of time getting things almost right

Reactions: CAPTAINDRONE
Great photo....
But I have to ask, how many times have you pulled up and tried to open the garage door only to find you are at the wrong house?

HAHA none, ours is about the only house with a green beige color and green tile roof to it, all cactus front yard and either an American Flag, Army Flag or Marine Corp Flag flying.. Now my Dad on the other hand, a few times stops at the house 2 doors east of us, same style but different color.. go figure..

Reactions: Haydn
Here is a quick run-down of my 30 minute camera test of the new features:

EXPOSURE MODES: (these all work in CAMERA and VIDEO mode)
1. AVERAGE - Exposure is based on the average of light and dark areas (this is how it was in the past)
2. CENTER - Exposure is based on the center portion of the framed shot (common when tracking objects)
3. SPOT - Tap the ST16 screen image and where you touch will be the default exposure for the scene you are filming.

HISTOGRAM: (this works in CAMERA and VIDEO mode)
If the graph is to the left the image has many under exposed parts. If the graph is to the right the image has many over-exposed parts. You can slide the graph around the screen to place it where you like.

PHOTO FORMAT: (works in CAMERA mode)
Can now take photos in both JPG and DNG (RAW) at same time.
NOTE: Works in SINGLE shot photo mode but not other photo modes.

PHOTO MODES: (works in CAMERA mode)
1. SINGLE: Take one quality photo each time you press the camera button.
2. BURST: Take 3, 5 or 7 Photos in exactly 1 second (yep... 7 photos in 1 second)
3. TIMELAPSE: Take exactly 1 photo each second. Press Camera button to start. Press Camera button again to end Timelapse.
4. PANORAMA: (for this I left my two top toggle switches to the middle positions). You have two photo options:
A: SINGLE LAYER 360 DEGREE. Press the camera button to start and keep the TYPHOON 100% still. The camera will turn counter clockwise automatically (facing the horizon) and will take 8 Photos (takes 40 seconds to complete).
B: DOUBLE LAYER 360 DEGREE. Press the camera button to start and keep the TYPHOON 100% still. The camera will turn counter clockwise automatically (facing the horizon) and will take 8 Photos. Then it will point downward 45 degrees and rotate and take 8 more photos. Then it will point to the front and on a 75 or 80 degree angle and take 1 photo, then it will point to the rear and again point downward 75 to 80 degrees and take a photo. (Takes 1 minute and 45 seconds to complete.)

When you are in PANORAMA mode the exposure remains LOCKED on the very first picture which is perfect!
The above PANORAMA photos can be placed into a photo program and stitched together.
Thanks Captain ,can you teach me how to stitch the photo for Panorama.
P.S have received your Mavic ?

It just keeps getting better and better more and more how is DJ I ever going to catch up LOL

The features I would like to see them add now is a way to switch to non-GPS and back without going through the touchscreen menus and a way to save camera settings as default. Overall, I am very impressed with Yuneec listening to customers and making improvements. Never had this kind of response from DJI. It was always "wait for the next model."

Reactions: skwty
I tried out the Pano mode, single layer first. The first attempt went just fine (remember to move landing gear up :eek:). After that, I was unable to get another one to work, single or double layer. I see, Captain Drone that you mentioned the two toggles were in the middle. I wonder if I did that on first, but moved them for second?

I'll have to get out and go again to see what happened. Other than that, update is working great and I am having fun with the new features for the camera!

PHOTO FORMAT: (works in CAMERA mode)
Can now take photos in both JPG and DNG (RAW) at same time.
NOTE: Works in SINGLE shot photo mode but not other photo modes.

Sry, Captain,
but I used the mode "Panorama", after setting the "DNG + JPG Format", and I had all 8 (or 18) photos both jpeg that DNG format.
So the "DNG + JPG format" works not only for the "SINGLE shot photo mode".

As well I shot 2 panorama sequence and left the toggles full up on the controller. Had no issue.

On another note I have spoken with Yuneec about the CCW photo taking in Panorama mode Basically their response was order does not matter and they will take under advisement for a change in the future. So I went back with more detail and asked if they even tried to import the photos in an editor based on the order they are taken.. no reponse.. have a nice day.

Sry, Captain,
but I used the mode "Panorama", after setting the "DNG + JPG Format", and I had all 8 (or 18) photos both jpeg that DNG format.

He meant that Panorama will not work with

2. BURST
3. TIMELAPSE

Reactions: CAPTAINDRONE
As well I shot 2 panorama sequence and left the toggles full up on the controller. Had no issue.

On another note I have spoken with Yuneec about the CCW photo taking in Panorama mode Basically their response was order does not matter and they will take under advisement for a change in the future. So I went back with more detail and asked if they even tried to import the photos in an editor based on the order they are taken.. no reponse.. have a nice day.

After another discussion with Yuneec they understand the issue and know its now an issue. Hopefully they will either give an option to use either CW or CCW in the future or just change it to CW. Case number in hand if needed for future.

Thanks Captain ,can you teach me how to stitch the photo for Panorama.
P.S have received your Mavic ?
To stitch photos together you need an image program like Photoshop or any free stitch software. If you own a Canon camera it probably came with photo software and that software will have a stitch feature. If you use a Mac there are plenty of free apps. Same as on a PC, lots of free programs that stitch photos (just do a Google search). Tablets (Android and IOS) have plenty of Apps that do this to and if you were so inclined you could even install one on the ST16.

Also my Mavic is expected to arrive on Monday :)

Reactions: Goh
Sry, Captain,
Sorry... I should have been specific and said it doesn't work in fast image mode (i.e., burst.... and I think time lapse).

I took my bird out with the new camera features. I am excited to see how the panoramic shots will turn out.
Once I put my sd card in my computer, I did realize that there is another feature that would be great to add.
It would be great if the 18 pics shot while using the panoramic feature were either named together in a designated series or batched into a folder.
When you are flying and shoot several pics with the other features and shoot a few panoramic shots along the way, it is hard to sort out which pics are apart of each panoramic shot.

I took my bird out with the new camera features. I am excited to see how the panoramic shots will turn out.
Once I put my sd card in my computer, I did realize that there is another feature that would be great to add.
It would be great if the 18 pics shot while using the panoramic feature were either named together in a designated series or batched into a folder.
When you are flying and shoot several pics with the other features and shoot a few panoramic shots along the way, it is hard to sort out which pics are apart of each panoramic shot.

Agree, I usually make sure the first shots are my panorama ones and then go from there. Makes it a little easier

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kubetlegal