Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New Firmware

Just wanted to make sure. That's how I do it. Plus I bring a hand held compass with me to the flying site to make sure the H is facing north when I do the compass calibration.

Five flights on the new firmware yesterday. The Typhoon drifted a bit initially on the first flight, then jerked a couple of feet and after that was stable. I think Yuneec have addressed the small jerk at the start of motion and she is now very smooth. She seems a bit faster too. RTH was at 45kmh and I don't remember that before! No camera loss at any time, so I was very pleased, but very cold!:cool:

The H does not need to point perfectly to the north on calibration. It's not as picky as older blade calibrations. It help to face north to start but I've used both true with compass and general without and calibration is successful. It's more important to flip smoothly and evenly and try to keep the axis level as you roll the TH in my opinion.
Earlier before the fixes I had a compass loss on a critical shoot and landed and did the compass with camera, and props really quick on a roof with lots of alleged bad stuff around. It worked fine but not something I enjoyed doing. Since the firmware update my compass drop outs have seemed to gone away.

Reactions: Mark Stewart
Into the Italian Facebook Page,some guys having trouble with this firmware.. Compass error,cam not upgrading,downgrading with bricking and gui

I guess it would be a good idea to remove the camera when doing the compass calibration as not to stress or damage the gimbal motors. I didn't remove mine and noticed the camera freaking out trying to keep up....

I guess it would be a good idea to remove the camera when doing the compass calibration as not to stress or damage the gimbal motors. I didn't remove mine and noticed the camera freaking out trying to keep up....
I have heard that you should have all components that you plan to fly with attached and powered up when doing a compass calibration. That way, any magnetic fields generated by that equipment will become part of the data stored from the calibration. Not sure how much it matters, but I have always followed this method.

I'm just worried about damaging my camera gimbal after seeing what it does while rotating the H. Maxing out against the gimbal stops.

I want to do this update as I have some weird flight things happening occasionally that didn't used to be there but I'm not going to until we start to hear more consistency.

I'm just worried about damaging my camera gimbal after seeing what it does while rotating the H. Maxing out against the gimbal stops.
I was a bit concerned about that as well but Liz leaves the gimbal on when calibrating, so I believe that is OK.

Attachments

• CALIBRATION.jpg
    CALIBRATION.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 29
Installed Realsense and upgraded to Nov firmware update today, firmware upgrade didn't 'take' first time but all ok on the second attempt - no problems in the air so far, few short flights only as it's blowing a gale, freezing here and almost dark now :eek:

Can you choose to use 2.4 or 5.8 as you please with these new icons?
I think there is something funny in landing lately. I catch mostly but my last few landings have had moments of rev and tilt that I thought was going to tip over while waiting for shut down. That makes sense that there is an accelerometer patch as well. Perhaps it's something others experienced and the last firmware introduced this phenomenon and this one should remove hopefully.
I agree noticed the same thing and thought it was me or random thanks for reporting

I was a bit concerned about that as well but Liz leaves the gimbal on when calibrating, so I believe that is OK.

There have been problems reported with gimbal or camera damage while performing the Compass calibration. We have checked with Yuneec Ontario and have written assurance that the camera being on or off does not affect compass calibrations. We have added this new info into our Help Sticky thread. Of course you must put the camera back on, without the cover, before doing the other calibrations.

There have been problems reported with gimbal or camera damage while performing the Compass calibration. We have checked with Yuneec Ontario and have written assurance that the camera being on or off does not affect compass calibrations. We have added this new info into our Help Sticky thread. Of course you must put the camera back on, without the cover, before doing the other calibrations.
That is good to know. On DJI products in the past we were told that any time you added or removed equipment, that you should recalibrate the compass with equipment you would be flying with.

Into the Italian Facebook Page,some guys having trouble with this firmware.. Compass error,cam not upgrading,downgrading with bricking and gui
it won't affect compass calibration but it stresses the **** out of the gimbal motors. If the gimbal is calibrated prior to compass as most of us do as we do accelerometer and gimbal indoors first, the gimbal being off does not in my experience need to be recalibrated after compass and re-attachment.

Reactions: Tuna
my update failed and was a headache to fix , has to get firmware 1.28 to reset it and then after more failures I read further and found out the you need to go in to pad downloads and delete 41 meg update file and then the update it from sd card was successful to 3.01

I am trying to update ST16 but every time I hit update says WARNING No firmware exists in SD card.
I am doing the same thing every time, tried already two times formating card, quick and regular format and no go.

Learned the hard way last time but it worked perfect this time.

Reformat the sd before loading the furm,...

CHROME WORKS FLAWLESS I E Struggles to download in usable format.

Not sure I want my H updating automatically. Suppose they decide to take away features that I use --such as, when I am in remote rural area, removing the geo-fence ceiling. That would peeve me all to ****.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis