Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New H battery????????

I use green dots from the office supply store. When I charge a battery I put a green dot on it. When I am putting it in the drone I peel off the dot and toss it. There is never a question as to which is charged and which is not.

Hobby King has LED indicators on their inexpensive batteries now; it would be nice if they offered a small strip we could stick to our batteries.

Just wondering, a week from now how do you remember if you might have used #4?
easy... after each flying session I go back and charge all the batteries that were used, if I used 1,2,3, I pop No.4 in the H and charge the rest starting at No1 :p

I use two methods for keeping track of my batteries status':
1. Log each charge cycle in a spreadsheet and use batteries in number sequence;
2. After a flight when I pull the battery I put an elastic band around it so that it can't be put back into the aircraft then remove the band for charging.

Incidentally, method two is in my commercial ops manual so if it's good enough for the CAA it's a good enough method.

Reactions: Graeme Buckley
The best way I have found to keep a check on all your lipo's is a android app called RC Battery Watcher, I have this on my phone but as the ST16 is android based it should also work on the tablet, all of my batter's are numbered and its just simple press Charged, Discharged, Storage, whatever is relevant it records every cycle the battery has had, you can add details such at date of purchase and from where, record Internal Resistance when new, average flight times, and best of all there's free version which is the one I've been using for several years.

RC Battery Watcher – Android Apps on Google Play

Reactions: Graeme Buckley
Ha ha. I just LOVE this thread!
popcorn.gif

Like someone else previously mentioned I'll charge the batteries and put a fat rubber band (elastic for you Canadians) on every battery after fully charged. When I put a battery into the H I remove the rubber band and put it on another full battery which will now have 2 bands on it. The double bands have no meaning other than it's full and another is not. The bands stay in the case for when I take everything home to recharge. Works great and is instantly recognizable for which is full or used.

All that keeping track seems so confusing except the rubber band method and why would anyone want to charge their batteries as soon as they are done flying and let them set for a week. I am going to stick with my green dots. 2000 dots for $1.50 at Office Depot. Green dot charged. No green dot not charged. How much simpler can it be than that?

These look cooler than tape. lol. I ordered them, man that Carolina Drones has fast service and shipping. It was in the mail about 20 minutes after I placed the order.

Hi guys I just use a dynotape machine with purchase date and a number and cycle them thru from 1 etc and David I agree with you Carolina Drones are on the ball, I have had orders filled to me in 7 days to Aus

Every time I use a battery I film myself putting it in a bag, then when I get home I watch the video to see which battery I used. This only works though if you've only used one battery. If I use more than one battery I put a sticker with the letter "M" for must charge and a "W" for was charged but this can get confusing if you accidentally put the stickers on upside down so I film myself putting the stickers on to be safe.

Got my new batteries with the meters today! Well, not really, but I did get my new charge markers and they are awesome! No chance I'm going to spend the time and effort some of you do to track your charged or empty batteries. This little baby is perfect for impatient people like me.

IMG_1745.JPG IMG_1745.JPG IMG_1744.JPG

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio