Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New Q500 4k user...

Reaction score
Got my quad used, I just got the firmware updated on the drone and the camera, seemed pretty straight forward, although, Yuneeq, if you are listening, you should consider future models that either have a straight up USB connection on the drone or even better, just allow the controller to push drone firmware updates to the camera and drone. This way, all a user need do is update the controller firmware and from there, the controller, after its firmware is updated, would automate the process to the drone and camera. Some sort of fail safe might be a good idea of course.

Now, a few questions. My kit apparently did not come with any sort of sizeable SDcard. Strangely, it appears to have come with two, 2 gb cards.

*Edit* Ok apparently, the 16 gb sdcard is in the back of the ST10 controller...trying to figure out how to get the card out haha...its stuck

What also seems to be missing is the suction cups for the visor, this might be more of an issue as I have no idea how to secure the thing to the screen, I might have to do something creative.

Finally, the camera. Is there some sort of wired connection it makes to the drone or is it all wireless? I see two ports on the back of the camera and another port on the underside of the drone right behind the camera. There does not seem to be any wires in my kit that fit either of these connections...

Last edited:
Got my quad used, I just got the firmware updated on the drone and the camera, seemed pretty straight forward, although, Yuneeq, if you are listening, you should consider future models that either have a straight up USB connection on the drone or even better, just allow the controller to push drone firmware updates to the camera and drone. This way, all a user need do is update the controller firmware and from there, the controller, after its firmware is updated, would automate the process to the drone and camera. Some sort of fail safe might be a good idea of course.

Now, a few questions. My kit apparently did not come with any sort of sizeable SDcard. Strangely, it appears to have come with two, 2 gb cards.

*Edit* Ok apparently, the 16 gb sdcard is in the back of the ST10 controller...trying to figure out how to get the card out haha...its stuck

What also seems to be missing is the suction cups for the visor, this might be more of an issue as I have no idea how to secure the thing to the screen, I might have to do something creative.

Finally, the camera. Is there some sort of wired connection it makes to the drone or is it all wireless? I see two ports on the back of the camera and another port on the underside of the drone right behind the camera. There does not seem to be any wires in my kit that fit either of these connections...
If you go to yuneec skins web site theres a diagram on the camera with the cable, its only needed if theres a problem like a broken wire, it normally connects thru the gimble. 64 gig is the norm for the card in the camera, you can leave the card in the controller if you cant get it out. I'm not very familar with the 500 although I own one, I mostly fly my H+. I believe you can go up to 128 gig on the card, but no higher ? Check the posts, here on the forum on the cards, as some dont work.

Reactions: WTFDproject
If you go to yuneec skins web site theres a diagram on the camera with the cable, its only needed if theres a problem like a broken wire, it normally connects thru the gimble. 64 gig is the norm for the card in the camera, you can leave the card in the controller if you cant get it out. I'm not very familar with the 500 although I own one, I mostly fly my H+. I believe you can go up to 128 gig on the card, but no higher ? Check the posts, here on the forum on the cards, as some dont work.

Thanks for the reply. I have managed to retrieve the card from the controller and put it into the drone, I put one of the 2 gb cards into the controller. You have to pull the metallic sdcard holder down and then it just flips up.

I am not sure how the drone handles files over 4 gb, I was thinking about testing to see if it supports exfat or ntfs at some point, but for now, its not of huge importance.

The camera wire is definitely missing, but again, as long as the camera works, Ill be ok for now.

There will no files above 4GB. After 5min the controller will create a new file. File sizes are around 2GB. NTFS format will not work at all. I use always FAT32 and this works fine.

br HE

I assume it wont handle exfat either? I havent had a chance to try it yet...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval