Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New situation with camera

Reaction score
After yesterday's dampener problem my wife put the next loose gromlet back into the right place. The noise I heard yesterday came back in intervals. It's a vibrating sound and it ain't good. She's afraid she might have done something wrong. I'm afraid that it might be internal inside the camera. Because it happens and then stops it feels like a loose something. We both looked between the top and bottom of the camera assembly where the gromlets go from top to bottom and it all seems ok. However I'm never sure of anything anymore. If it's inside the camera? I'm in trouble and possibly another trip because if it's internal it will have to be left there and the best time for video and flying are here before the rest of the rainy season and then the obnoxious heat until October. Does this once again make any sense. You folks are many chapters ahead of me and I appreciate it but pretend you are talking to a mentally impaired dufus from a stroke who understands but it takes more time to comprehend things like why is Bryce Harper making 47k per bat. The gromlets look snug but I do remember that when it landed I did it right but on slow impact it tilted slightly but the camera rubbed just a tad and all the gromlets we're fine. What could this be now.

What does it do when operating on the ground? Does the gimbal calibrate properly? If it’s motors on the gimbal (there is nothing internal in the camera that makes noise in motion) have any issues, it will be noticed when you move the gimbal around and see if it’s jerky or bouncing. If it’s fine on the ground but weird in the sky, then your camera mount is causing something where it’s not dampened properly and contact with the body of the H is transferring vibration to camera. Try taking the top dust cover off and fly without it. If those grommets are overly secure this can happen also. Those safety pins can pass vibration as well. There are many videos on this and you don’t want to mix up the grommet types as there are some that behave better then others. You do not want the longer ribbed ones that work with the CGO3 from the Q500. This is a major source of confusion. They are too loose and floppy and work with a different top plate mold that is flat. The CGO3+ top plate has lower ears for the firmer stubbier grommets that are needed for the H480 for camera stabilization. It’s very crazy but this can make or break your shots as the improper camera mount causes shake and jello in the video. Please post pics of your mount so we can see which set up you have and what you’ve replaced.

Thanks so much for responding. There have been different opinions expressed here concerning the gromlets. The ones that are on there now are both for cgo3t but I'm inclined to believe you that the longer ones seem a bit floppy. The noise happened when the drone was started on the ground and is coming from the camera assembly. I will ask my wife to put a bulb one where there is a long replacement one. I don't know why this would happen when not moving but it is. We booted up the st16 with the drone on a flat table and the small grinding noise started and we both looked in between the top and bottom of the camera assembly and a slight vibration happens when there is any beep from light changes or manipulation coming from the drone itself. The little intervals are normal with every drone I have used. I wish I knew how to explain it better. I took the camera assembly off and everything was fine. Not giving up.

Ok. So you hear noise so that means cranky motors. What causes it? Panning or tilting? Is it louder at more extreme settings like full down or up? Does it make noise when just booted but not connected to the controller? Can you calibrate the gimbal and if you did, did you restart the drone after that was done? It’s possible that incorrect signal from the ST can cause issues so have you checked the pan knob and tilt slider for proper center and output in the hardware monitor? If the camera sits steady when not connected to the radio and acts up at connection, then it’s getting conflicting signals and can’t find zero for no movement and proper center. Try calibrating your controller if that’s the case. It’s possible to confuse the tilt lever and it looses it center orientation. Make sure it’s in the middle at the beep point when checking or doing a control calibration.

It will take me a while to try the things that you have described but I'll get crackin'. Thanks again

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
misterfantastic