Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New Tornado H920 coming soon?

Reaction score
Hi, I am looking to get into commercial survey work in Uk,
I have looked at various manufacturers like Dji etc and probably need a good 4k camerase with zoom as some applications would be difficult to get close to.
I like the look of the Tornado H920 with V18 camera and contacted Yuneek who came back saying wait until the end of the month as there is going to be an announcement and it's worth waiting for.
Does anyone know what is coming?
Baz

Reactions: Brent
I have looked at various manufacturers like Dji etc and probably need a good 4k camerase with zoom as some applications would be difficult to get close to.
I like the look of the Tornado H920 with V18 camera and contacted Yuneek who came back saying wait until the end of the month as there is going to be an announcement and it's worth waiting for.
Baz

The v18 does 18x optical zoom but video is only 1080p 30FPS. I'm also VERY exited about this "annoucement"...

Maybe the new one fixes issues with the current one. And I hope they have a way to upgrade the current ones to at least make the actual advertised functions to work!

Just a quick update on this.......

Dan from Yuneec posted this in another forum I'm a member of :)

Hello everyone, Daniel here from Yuneec UK. Listen, I know how patient you all have been waiting for us to develop the H920/CGO4 into a much More usable and functional platform. I just wanted to reassure you that the big wheels are well and truly turning. We might have some hardware updates for you as soon as next week and the big update is getting very close indeed and will be well worth the wait! If you need to call me I am inhumanly busy (at the ESS show in NEC all next week) but the week after I will make time.

So there we go folks........exciting times ahead for us H920 pilots :)

Does this mean the old H920 will Have the ability to upgrade some of the hardware that the new one has?

Will be there. I'm tentatively hoping that the new hardware can be retrofitted onto/into the original H920 and will allow support for CCC and the other Yuneec features as standard... If our friends at HQ have been listening to anything that has been discussed over the last 6 months.

Ill find out when i go to the Commercial UAV Show here in the UK later in October, ill fill you all in with the juicy details (if we have to wait that long)

Baz

Hi Baz.

Just to let you know the V18 is now obsolete(technical issues). The new camera is much better and the update will allow the H920 to fly in the same way as the Typhoon H.

It will be the perfect model for you, if your looking for work in the UK. It still comes in under the 7kg so you won't need to ask Air Traffic Control for permission to fly it. (usually takes 21 days for this). It's one we are looking at but we are still in the project phase of our step into drones and are using the Typhoon H but this has a big downside with the 4K camera not having a zoom capability not even a digital zoom.

Unfortunately the cameras are not interchangeable between Yuneec models....that's what we were hoping for.

Hold on about two more weeks and it should all be available.

Last edited:
Hi Baz.

Just to let you know the V18 is now obsolete(technical issues). The new camera is much better and the update will allow the H920 to fly in the same way as the Typhoon H.

It will be the perfect model for you, if your looking for work in the UK. It still comes in under the 7kg so you won't need to ask Air Traffic Control for permission to fly it. (usually takes 21 days for this). It's one we are looking at but we are still in the project phase of our step into drones and are using the Typhoon H but this has a big downside with the 4K camera not having a zoom capability not even a digital zoom.

Unfortunately the cameras are not interchangeable between Yuneec models....that's what we were hoping for.

Hold on about two more weeks and it should all be available.

Hi Tony, Thanks for the update

what are your connections ? do you work with / for Yuneec?

two weeks is a longer time than I was quoted to wait when I first started the thread and as you can see there are a few of us waiting for some answers to some real problems .

Are you saying there has been further issues?

Will the updates etc not be available until the commercial show now?

regards,

Baz

I was under the impression from Yuneec that a small update would be available before the Commercial Drone Show and a bigger one possibly after, but upon asking the question earlier in the week it was all a bit cold. May have to wait till i head up to the Excel later in October to see what the skinny is.......

So far, Yuneec has had NO communication with end users or even having a product that works as expected (USA H920, turtle/rabbit issue). Completely disappointed and I plan to call them Monday for a warranty repair for the features that don't work. Everything hush, hush and I understand some of that with the competition, but for those us who have spent a good deal of money, they should make things right and I have a feeling, its not going to be right. I think it will be another $6k+ from us to get something that we should have recieved to begin with. If I could go back in time, I would have bought a DJI product. Sad but true. All we get is, hold on for a few weeks, oh wait....a few more weeks....no, just a few more....wait....look, we have quick release props....big f#$king deal (that should have been included and they should send those out as a courtesy).....but wait a few more weeks and we will release....oh, **** your product is out of warranty....shhhh, its ok, we have a new product, called the "imag", short for imagination....just close your eyes and imagine all the things you would expect out of your purchase and watch it vanish into thin air....just like your $6k drone.....oh wait, it already has......welcome to Yuneec....everything you would expect, but never delivered. Wait, thats a great tag line for them! "Everything your would expect, but never delivered, welcome to Yuneec!" Boom, nailed it!

Here is a quick review of the H920: Large 6 prop drone with the same features as DJI Phantom2, but add a zoomable camera lens. It is more stable while flying and 4 times the price.

Yuneec, can you feel the frustration we (or at least I) am feeling? Most likely not, since you already have my money....What a class A dumbass I was to buy a Yuneec product. No operators manual, features that don't work as described on the video. Even your own tech support can't explain the controller to the end user.....pathetic....I blame myself, should have done more research. No wonder why the H920 is all over eBay for $3k....

Yep, this is my rant! Like it or not, I am a customer, just like all of you....well, the 3 or 4 of us who participate on the forum

Reactions: DerStig
So far, Yuneec has had NO communication with end users or even having a product that works as expected (USA H920, turtle/rabbit issue). Completely disappointed and I plan to call them Monday for a warranty repair for the features that don't work. Everything hush, hush and I understand some of that with the competition, but for those us who have spent a good deal of money, they should make things right and I have a feeling, its not going to be right. I think it will be another $6k+ from us to get something that we should have recieved to begin with. If I could go back in time, I would have bought a DJI product. Sad but true. All we get is, hold on for a few weeks, oh wait....a few more weeks....no, just a few more....wait....look, we have quick release props....big f#$king deal (that should have been included and they should send those out as a courtesy).....but wait a few more weeks and we will release....oh, **** your product is out of warranty....shhhh, its ok, we have a new product, called the "imag", short for imagination....just close your eyes and imagine all the things you would expect out of your purchase and watch it vanish into thin air....just like your $6k drone.....oh wait, it already has......welcome to Yuneec....everything you would expect, but never delivered. Wait, thats a great tag line for them! "Everything your would expect, but never delivered, welcome to Yuneec!" Boom, nailed it!

Here is a quick review of the H920: Large 6 prop drone with the same features as DJI Phantom2, but add a zoomable camera lens. It is more stable while flying and 4 times the price.

Yuneec, can you feel the frustration we (or at least I) am feeling? Most likely not, since you already have my money....What a class A dumbass I was to buy a Yuneec product. No operators manual, features that don't work as described on the video. Even your own tech support can't explain the controller to the end user.....pathetic....I blame myself, should have done more research. No wonder why the H920 is all over eBay for $3k....

Yep, this is my rant! Like it or not, I am a customer, just like all of you....well, the 3 or 4 of us who participate on the forum

Thanks for your upfront post, this is exactly why we have forums to give honest frank opinion without being too derogatory. I understand your frustration and is the very reason I posted on here in the first instance.
I am still looking at the pros and cons of machines around £5k mark for commercial use and also waiting to see what the likes of Yuneec are doing or feeding back to their existing customers.
Are Dji any better though?
I've looked closely at the 600 Matrice. Does anyone have any experience of those?

@H2O Aviators I feel your pain and yes it is frustrating, my choice to go with Yuneec was their dedication to customer service here in the UK where as DJI really didn't seem to give 2 sh*ts when i approached them. Our H920 does have a few niggles but over all I really enjoy flying it and the quality of both photography and video from the CGO4 is by far superior to anything that DJI can produce for the same price. As I've said previously we are heading to the commercial drone show here in the UK later this month where i will be having an in depth conversation with the guys from Yuneec to find out where we are at with the updates for the H920 and why they have left us behind and concentrated on the Typhoon H. We need updates, plain and simple.........

Hi Guys/Girls, I'm new to the forum but just got back from Photokina and took a good look at all the drones I could find there. ( And I got good news about Yuneec!)

The DJI stand was ****, way to crowded setup and they kind of had an arrogant attitude while asking a question. Too bad they did not have their Mavic for show there as it was announced a day after.
The GoPro drone looked great and it's nice to be able to use it as a gimbal seperate from the drone as well. It will be interesting to see how both camera's will compare.

I did take a look at the DJI Inspire Pro and it looked like a nice drone, but for me the problem is that it only has 4 props as it's a quadcopter..since I have to fly allot above water I kinda want a hexacopter, also because it will be more stable in the air.
The Matrice600 is massive! Way to big to use as a one man band drone, so not for me. Altho it is nice to be able to use a A-cam with it.

I was very impressed with Yuneec's stand. It had an open vibe and was very impressed with the ethousiasm all the employees shared while talking about their drones.
Now the drone I was looking for was the H920 Tornado hexacopter. I also had some worries about this drone as I read that it was not always very reliable due to older software.
I told them about this and they were very open! This to my surprice, they told me they had trouble with the qualcom chip they were using and that now they switched to intel chips. But..and I think this is news.. In december they will launch their version 2 H920. People that own the version 1 will be able to upgrade as it will be both a hardware upgrade (chip and props) and software, that should get rid of all the hickups that some might experience with their v1. He mentioned that it was only a handfull of people that had these issues and that most drones work stable (it had to do with places that had allot of metal in the ground, it would interfere with the hardware and gps in the drone), altho only a few people had this issue for them this was not acceptable. They said that intel also had much more knowledge about desiging chips for drones so that now for future updates they are able to do all the things they wanted to implement in the drone, something that was not possible before. So..to make a long story short. The v2 will be the same formfactor, but internaly it wil have a diff chip and software, the remote will stay the same and will be updated to work with the v2. Also the props you have to now screw on with screws, but that will be a click on system so that the drone will be completely toolless.
He also said that the GH5 would not work on their gimbal system, but a future update will probably allow you to use this camera as well, but it would need a diff gimbal, but that was not in the pipeline for now.
I'm really excited about this december update and think for me this is the drone to go with as I can use the olympus 12mm f2 lens and a gh4 will give an amazing image in 4k. It also offers a free second remote to fly this thing with 2 pilots and a free gimbal system, that I tried and actually worked pretty nice.

Reactions: volanti

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval