Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New update 777-20181022

Reaction score
Saw this today anyone knows what it includes?
20181026_163529.jpeg

Well, there is one way to find out. . . . . ;)
My Plus has been solid and I am holding off until something of significance happens.
Yea same here I think. Got full scheldule the next couple of weeks and don't have any room for testing a new build.

The big question is who has the biggest ba... and are up for beta testing this build [emoji6]

Reactions: DoomMeister
After repair at Yuneec Germany I have b.770 installed and it buggy as H... and I cannot fly safely!
I will install b.777 this weekend and try to fly :.-)

News about this firmware should be here: Newsroom | Yuneec USA
But unfortunately news are not updated yet. On German site it is and it says that "Dual Band Control Redundancy" comes with V1.5.0, whatever this is.

Source: News | Aktuelle News von YUNEEC - YUNEEC
Ahh very interesting control redundancy.

So basically if you loose control on the 2.4 ghz network the 5.8GHz (camera) will take over and you will remain in control of the drone.

The update is huge, and it comes in 2 parts.
Once you have downloaded all the updates it updates the flight controller, gimble and camera.
You will then panic as it says RC control lost and stays lost.
So frantically resetting the camera wifi link does not solve this, but hey the update has not finished.
you then need to go back to the update page on the ST16s and click update yet again and it will update the ST16s and this is huge, several TX updates and a complete overwrite of the android system.
It will then reboot itself and all is good again, full connection.

Full calibration, gyro and accelerometer all done with no errors.

Ahh very interesting control redundancy.

So basically if you loose control on the 2.4 ghz network the 5.8GHz (camera) will take over and you will remain in control of the drone.

This is all very well and a great step forward for wifi links ......but.....5.8 is weaker than 2.4 so technically this wont work because if 2.4 is lost it surely wont reconnect on 5.8?....but i hope it does.

Reactions: 10-8
From Yuneec's own site:

NEW: With the new software update, the Typhoon H Plus is now equipped with a redundant control signal.
The redundant control signal provides another important security feature: Should the copter lose the 2.4 GHz signal, it can now be easily controlled via the 5.8 GHz WiFi signal.

But doesn't the video signal drop before the control signal in most cases?

Reactions: mbernholdt
From Yuneec's own site:

NEW: With the new software update, the Typhoon H Plus is now equipped with a redundant control signal.
The redundant control signal provides another important security feature: Should the copter lose the 2.4 GHz signal, it can now be easily controlled via the 5.8 GHz WiFi signal.

But doesn't the video signal drop before the control signal in most cases?
In most cases if you are far out.
The redundancy is just a safety in case of failure on the 2.4 ghz control network.

It won't or rather shouldn't have any issues on normal operation.

Reactions: Ty Pilot
Something to do tonight while I watch the Formula One racing.

I don't fly critical missions, so I am fine updating. Should be able to get out in the morning to test.

Reactions: Rubik
777 has been fine for me. It also includes some improvements to the 'return to controller' option. But you must have a minimum of 10 sats on the controller for it to implement.

Reactions: Peggy
Just tested it in an area I always get "RC Control Loss" and for the first time the connection was solid. I even went inside a shed with the controller and the connection was solid. It was a short test but flying in front of my house always causes that error in a few seconds and this time nothing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio