Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New update 777-20181022

Just tested it in an area I always get "RC Control Loss" and for the first time the connection was solid. I even went inside a shed with the controller and the connection was solid. It was a short test but flying in front of my house always causes that error in a few seconds and this time nothing.

Wutttt?????!!! Thanks for sharing, boss

Am I dreaming?

After I installed the new FW 777 I was eager to test it out on a basic hover and figure 8. Time 9:43 pm

First hover: sUAS GPS @ 8 satellites (red icon) and ST16s control connectivity @ 2 (red icon) The H+ held a good solid hover, without signs of drifting vs build 757 where I had to fight to bring the H + down and disarm.

Figure 8. Same scenario all connectivity icons are in red. The H+ was solid, and it flew PERFECTLY!

Second test, all connectivity icons at solid green. sUAS gps @ 19 and ST16s controller @ 16. I took the H+ at up to 350ft lat and 680ft long in an area where I know the H+ used to get hit with geomagnetic interference, and videolag, but the videolag with Build 777!is acceptable, because my inspire 1 V2 also gets minor videolag in the area where I flew the H+

Conclusion, I am liking this build and also it’s faster in linking the controller to the camera.

Kudos for the FW, Yuneec! You’ve just out done DJI with coming out with a build that superseded my expectations, Now, I am nearing in getting the H50, because my confidence is once again restored.

Am I dreaming?

After I installed the new FW 777 I was eager to test it out on a basic hover and figure 8. Time 9:43 pm

First hover: sUAS GPS @ 8 satellites (red icon) and ST16s control connectivity @ 2 (red icon) The H+ held a good solid hover, without signs of drifting vs build 757 where I had to fight to bring the H + down and disarm.

Figure 8. Same scenario all connectivity icons are in red. The H+ was solid, and it flew PERFECTLY!

Second test, all connectivity icons at solid green. sUAS gps @ 19 and ST16s controller @ 16. I took the H+ at up to 350ft lat and 680ft long in an area where I know the H+ used to get hit with geomagnetic interference, and videolag, but the videolag with Build 777!is acceptable, because my inspire 1 V2 also gets minor videolag in the area where I flew the H+

Conclusion, I am liking this build and also it’s faster in linking the controller to the camera.

Kudos for the FW, Yuneec! You’ve just out done DJI with coming out with a build that superseded my expectations, Now, I am nearing in getting the H50, because my confidence is once again restored.
very interesting comment

With the amounts of positive feedback so far and the prolonged realease time I am sure that Yuneec have been putting more effort into testing the update before releasing it.

I personally going to postpone the update a few weeks. Because I have had to prior updates going wrong and had to send the drone for service and I can't afford down time at the moment but I am looking forward to getting the added security redundancy on it.

Also, pertaining to the present conversation I am with the naturally apprehensively reluctant updater. I have not done this on this aircraft yet. Any suggestions for that first time greatly appreciated. I'm in USA, Georgia. Should bird be done before controller? Is any computer system better than another? Thanks for the help.

Did the update I just follow the normal OTA update path and NO problems it went like clock work.
The attached file is what was displayed during - and after looked in the aircraft setup and did not see any thing new (pictures in the file)

Attachments

• BUILD777_OTA update as normal.pdf
    640.3 KB · Views: 25
Also, pertaining to the present conversation I am with the naturally apprehensively reluctant updater. I have not done this on this aircraft yet. Any suggestions for that first time greatly appreciated. I'm in USA, Georgia. Should bird be done before controller? Is any computer system better than another? Thanks for the help.

In your previous post you mentioned - Typhoon H (Standard or Pro), that aircraft is solid and has been out for a few years and will ship with the latest firmware as there have been no updates for almost a year so you likely have the latest if you just purchased. In regards to the camera flopping around, take it off before you calibrate - again if you have the H, with the H Plus, compass calibration without the camera is a little trickier as you have to start the calibration, then remove the camera and then continue.

This conversation is talking about the latest updates for the Typhoon H Plus which; is a totally different system.

Disabling and enabling RS has been added and the build patches the connectivity.
I've had that feature for the RS option on my firmware version right now. I'll edit this once I get my lazy butt off the couch to show which version.

Since I have two Pluses, I'm going to update one and see how it works out. Will respond back with an update.

Been running into some real BIG problems, with Build 777 in the field right now. (I am working in a construction site, as I’m writing this)

First flight, the H+ was solid, it flew the worksite where it’s been having problems before. No video lag, no monitor pixilations, and no RC loss. It flew like a dream.

Second flight, I got hit with magnetic interference warning and it all went down hill from there. I rebooted the controller, H+, when through my preflight checklist, re-calibrated the compass and my camera started vibrating, the video is not just lagging, but it freezes up, however there’s no sign of video feed pixilations.

To add; the ST16s seems to be draining the battery faster, I was able to fly 4 batteries with Build 757 and presently with 777 I’m on my second battery and the controller is already at 62%

Been running into some real BIG problems, with Build 777 in the field right now. (I am working in a construction site, as I’m writing this)

First flight, the H+ was solid, it flew the worksite where it’s been having problems before. No video lag, no monitor pixilations, and no RC loss. It flew like a dream.

Second flight, I got hit with magnetic interference warning and it all went down hill from there. I rebooted the controller, H+, when through my preflight checklist, re-calibrated the compass and my camera started vibrating, the video is not just lagging, but it freezes up, however there’s no sign of video feed pixilations.
On post #23 everything is working like a charm, all of the sudden it's not working?
On this particular flight what was your height, distance and everything in between in reference from the controller to the H+ ?
As you know, especially with this magnitude of construction on going, magnetic interference is going to change constantly.

Took it to a open area in Southern California call Cajon Pass this morning and once again the connection was amazing with no warnings of any kind. Flew it out a little over a mile and solid as can be. I do notice the ST16s battery seems to drain a little faster.

On post #23 everything is working like a charm, all of the sudden it's not working?
On this particular flight what was your height, distance and everything in between in reference from the controller to the H+ ?
As you know, especially with this magnitude of construction on going, magnetic interference is going to change constantly.

I was flying with two other people and they had Phantom 3's. I got a magnetic warning once and they did as well. I don't see it as a big deal.

I sometimes see there is an over-reaction to conditions that are uncontrollable, not the fault of the H+ or other drones, it's the environment that you are playing in. If you need/want perfection, rent a helicopter and go from there.

I sometimes see there is an over-reaction to conditions that are uncontrollable, not the fault of the H+ or other drones, it's the environment that you are playing in. If you need/want perfection, rent a helicopter and go from there.

OMG! We’ve discussed this before, I do not shoot corn maze.

In all seriousness, last night and my first battery flight at the pit today was flawless, and I am aware of the conditions to the sites where I work at.

I am starting to believe you are not working commercially, as you claimed to be, if you’re not able to nitpick your sUAS. Safety is everything, a drone that’s worry free and capable to tackle its mission is a confidence builder and not a liability. Yes, there’s a drone that’s close to being perfect that’s flying my bigger accounts, and surveyors use daily, but it’s not a hex, and it’s not my Typhoon H+ I like my H+ very much and I want it to succeed.

I will rebuild and to a manual flash, instead of soft via WiFi download and compare.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dvca441772