Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New update 777-20181022

OMG! We’ve discussed this before, I do not shoot corn maze.

I am starting to believe you are not working commercially, as you claimed to be, if you’re not able to nitpick your sUAS.

@record.play.rewind
Well maybe you need to shoot a corn maze so this way you're not complaining all the time.
Does it always go well? No!
Do I through a temper tantrum when it doesn't? No.
The corn maze is an annual charitable event to help the needy, I choose to do this on my own merit.

Believe what you will,
I've done multitudes of time line construction, it may not be a mega site, I may not be the best at it, nor have the glamours web site.
We all want our drones to work well, but for now there are limitations, and many us are aware of this.
We understand, but please, you do not need to keep reminding us by complaining here on the forum.
You're starting to sound like a spoiled brat, which I don't think you are, or I hope not!

Last edited:
In most cases if you are far out.
The redundancy is just a safety in case of failure on the 2.4 ghz control network.
It won't or rather shouldn't have any issues on normal operation.

Agree on the 5.8 distance issue... I don't think the redundancy RF is focused on distance and agree the 5.8 is a weaker "distance" wavelength. I would interpret the frequency switching for signal interference stability. The majority of home / sm business wireless network devices, wireless security devices, etc are typically on the 2.4 spectrum. Within dense neighborhoods, large apartment complexes, or within developments the likelihood of taking a frequency hit or structural blockage (or absorption) with standard omni antennas vs polar circular, etc is getting more common and concerning. The ability to rapidly switch back & forth accepting the strongest or cleanest freq & channel is providing an improved stable signal for the flight. Communicating earlier this year with a 3rd party antenna company their focus was freq strength, method of signal and channel switching to improve 2.4/5.8 stability, which indirectly provides extreme distance in an open clear environment too.

Reactions: JackMTaco
For the Early adopters of the H-Plus Owners, how many FW updates have you performed on the H-Plus ? Is the progression of FW improving the H-Plus, adding new features... developing into an improved platform? Has there been any "oops" and lost ground in the H-Plus updates and cameras? I've read several indicating OTA updates have gone smooth, are most doing OTA or direct read off downloaded file on card?

Reactions: mbernholdt
For the Early adopters of the H-Plus Owners, how many FW updates have you performed on the H-Plus ? Is the progression of FW improving the H-Plus, adding new features... developing into an improved platform? Has there been any "oops" and lost ground in the H-Plus updates and cameras? I've read several indicating OTA updates have gone smooth, are most doing OTA or direct read off downloaded file on card?
We are on the third or fourth update since release where all have included improvements to the overall system.

So I would say it has improved since the launch. Updates are officially OTA only but we the community have found ways around it and are now able to both upgrade and downgrade through sd card.

I think this is the first update Yuneec released that so far have been error free, but I also think that the prolonged release of this one means that Yuneec have been testing longer before it was released.

I Purchased on July fourth and my last (and only) update was 0801 (August 1st) this one opened up the flight modes, allows GPS to be turned off and a few others. If I remember correctly, there was an update that made the gimbal buzzy (I passed on that one), then another that was to fix the buzzing (again I passed) Then there was one that was claimed to have fixed CCC but there were some that claimed it did not (I passed again) so now we are at this new one and I am holding fast until more is known.

Reactions: record.play.rewind
For the same reasons stated above, as to why I have not purchased yet... not enough previous features that have been re-enabled... not enough questions answered on crippled functions like CCC. And in my case, no effort by vendors to market the non RS version... for those who have no desire to pay $200 for a module that will not be used... since much of that money will now go to individual ND filters.

For the same reasons stated above, as to why I have not purchased yet... not enough previous features that have been re-enabled... not enough questions answered on crippled functions like CCC. And in my case, no effort by vendors to market the non RS version... for those who have no desire to pay $200 for a module that will not be used... since much of that money will now go to individual ND filters.
It's strange that here in EU the non RS version was launched first.

That may well be because there weren’t yet enough RS modules in existence to serve both markets and meet intended product release dates. Under such condition an easy solution would be to release one platform with two different equipment lists and separate geographic release locations.

Reactions: record.play.rewind
Build 777 is a bandaid. When I first downloaded the FW I got a bit exited. These past couple of days, I was more playing with the H+ and neglecting my work. My first initial impression, which I now believe to be just a mere placebo effect.

My personal findings (disclosure. I work in multiple construction sites)

1) The pixilations has not disappeared, but manageable.

2) The controls seemed to be fined tuned, and I’m liking it.

3) Video lag is still there, but manageable.

4) Video freeze! It’s still there.
I personally would rather have a lag than a freeze, because things can get ugly really fast, specially when doing structural inspections.

4) It now can fly, with 5 satellite connectivity to the controller, and it does not drift or climb without input. They need a great job patching this problem that some of us experience with Build 757.

5) #4 is a great compensation, because before, it was slow to gain controller connectivity, it’s even slower now, with Build 777.

5) The controller drains battery fast. I usually fly, with 4 batteries, one battery per trench if I’m gridding or in the pits if if I’m surveying. Before, I end my day, with 65% to the controller and presently it has gone down to 50% or 45%
(Solution, power bank)

6) Magnetic Interference warnings are more frequent vs Build 757

Build 777 is a bandaid. When I first downloaded the FW I got a bit exited. These past couple of days, I was more playing with the H+ and neglecting my work. My first initial impression, which I now believe to be just a mere placebo effect.

I personally would rather have a lag than a freeze, because things can get ugly really fast, specially when doing structural inspections.

4) It now can fly, with 5 satellite connectivity to the controller, and it does not drift or climb without input. They need a great job patching this problem that some of us experience with Build 757.

5) #4 is a great compensation, because before, it was slow to gain controller connectivity, it’s even slower now, with Build 777.

5) The controller drains battery fast. I usually fly, with 4 batteries, one battery per trench if I’m gridding or in the pits if if I’m surveying. Before, I end my day, with 65% to the controller and presently it has gone down to 50% or 45%
(Solution, power bank)

Curious about #4. You state 5 Sats to Controller? There is no minimum. It will fly with 0 to the controller. GPS to the controller is only required for distance measurement and return to controller option (10 required for that).

@10-8

With my early experience with Build 757
GPS to drone was green (let’s just say 17 gps) Satellite to controller was red (let’s just say 8) and when I flew it, it drifted, ascends without throttle input and hard to land.

With Build 777 I took off at red 8 satellites and the H+ flew solid, this was not the case in Build 757

(Solution, power bank)

And in my case Im having none of the issues you bring up. pixilation is completely gone, Video freeze is gone as well. I don't see it as a Bandaid at all but a well done update that works great.

And in my case Im having none of the issues you bring up. pixilation is completely gone, Video freeze is gone as well. I don't see it as a Bandaid at all but a well done update that works great.

Let me fly your drone, bro. I’m putting together a video, because where I predominately fly is probably causing to have these problems and if I’m having these problems. The H+ is not ready to fly with the big boys.

Could be.

Don't know about rest of EU but up here in Denmark we separate small and large drones at 5kg. My commercial license allows me to fly up to 7kg.

Sent from my SM-G920F using YuneecPilots Drone Forum mobile app
In France, above 2 kgs, we must have a parachute with trigger in case of fall, abbement because everything depends on the altitude for it to be effective. Soon European standards will come out and I do not know what we have. Always is the H Plus is the only Hexa less than 2 kg, re-entrant gear and 360 ° camera

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smyers