Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New User Can't get compass to calibrate

Reaction score
Hi Folks;

I purchased a factory refurb Typhoon H which I have had for a few days. I'm an experienced pilot with RC fixed wing, helis, and multis. This is definitely the most sophisticated aircraft that I have owned. I would really love to fly it, but I can't get the compass to calibrate. I'm assuming that this is necessary prior to flight. The documentation Yuneec provides is a little shaky in places. I turn everything on and wait for a good GPS signal. I leave the camera on but it's cover off. I'm not real hip on how to remove the camera. I follow the procedure as the manual describes, and I am facing North as folks on the forum recommend. The first strange thing that I encounter is that the first turn, second revolution, flashing red and white lights, one revolution does not advance the process. I do a second revolution and about 1/4 of the way through, those lights turn off and the next set activate. I complete the revolution and move on. I never get much past the point where the Typhoon is turned 180 (front facing South). This is always about the time the calibration procedure shows faulted. I shut down and try again but to no avail. I've had about twenty failed calibrations at a couple of different locations. I seem to be missing something, I'm open to suggestions. Thanks for your help.

Jim

Here is a video with pretty straight forward instructions. One thing I would add is to remove the camera, to do this lift up on the one inch wide tab above the gimbal base and slide the gimbal forward off the rails.

Awesome information and video Ty Pilot, thank you very much. I had also contacted Yuneec and the customer service rep informed me that I have to complete the process in 30 seconds. This is where I went wrong. I was being slow and meticulous of course. I'm pretty sure that with all of this new information, I can get it calibrated. Or at least keep myself busy, off the streets, and out of trouble. Thanks again for the help!

Awesome information and video Ty Pilot, thank you very much. I had also contacted Yuneec and the customer service rep informed me that I have to complete the process in 30 seconds. This is where I went wrong. I was being slow and meticulous of course. I'm pretty sure that with all of this new information, I can get it calibrated. Or at least keep myself busy, off the streets, and out of trouble. Thanks again for the help!
Yes, you can't hang around when calibrating the compass. Even an old hand like myself occasionally gets timed-out.

all great tips but now let me throw a curve to you all. my h has been calibrated in past on aproach for landing I get wind gust a shear and right before TD a down blast to cause hard landing nosed over no damage 1 prop chipped rest refire warning reset compass calibration go to settings hit calibration hit compass nothing no lights no beeps hit accelerator same no bells beeps or lights hit gimbal message that takes 2 min. hit ok nothing bird flys but continuous warning while flying to fly angle land and calibrate won't accept input on radio only in those drop downs???????

Try creating a new model for the TH and binding to it. Then try doing your calibrations to see if they will proceed to a successful conclusion.

Reactions: TheChiefUSN
If you don’t know how to do that, see page 43 in the attached manual.

Attachments

• TYPHOON H USER MANUAL Vcho3-2.pdf
    4.7 MB · Views: 12

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech