Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Newbie here

Reaction score
I always looked at helis and quads and said-I would never fly those things...Just to hard......I fly RC planes and just getting into jets..Well a friend in the club showed up at the jet rally with one and I was hooked...I just wanted to say that Yuneec has been the best company that I have dealt with in the RC community..I had a issue that Horizon hobby did not take care of although that's who I bought it from..I have bought a enormous amount of stuff from them and nothing from Yuneec and yet Yuneec came to the rescue..I just wanted to point out that in doing my research between the 2 big drone companies I choose the Yuneec Typhoon H ..It came down to the transmitter having everything togather -6 blades instead of 2-super easy to see in the air..I liked them both but even after I received mine I have no regreats..My wife has been a great supporter of the planes and jets and has never had a interest in flying herself-UNTILL NOW-................Needless to say,She is now the new owner of my Yuneec Typhoon H....She says I can still fly it but it has punched her ticket..She has 4 flights on it now,Flying in Angle mode so not to pick up any bad habits and she is flying it as good as I do...This is that easy..Don't listen to some folks that have that Ford-Chevy-Dodge comparisons and try to scare you off from looking at all drones and just make your decision from what you like...The hundred of hours of flying RC could not keep my knee's from knocking...2 seconds from takeoff that was all gone...It was as easy as grinning..Technology is great and they all seem to fly good..Do all your homework-Watch a lot of Yoootube-Read the forums and fut your hands on each one...This technology was not availible 2 years ago for under $5000.............This is the longest I have ever posted..I Thank Rayray for the welcoming within minutes of my joining this forum...Ya'll keep up the good advice..

Reactions: Tuna and Steve Carr
Sounds like both you and your wife are doing it right. Welcome and enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks..I learned that I can crash in seconds for free...Takes a lot of time and money to reverse that mistake..We will go slow and enjoy it togather..

Know whatcha mean. It's amazing how fast a 40% fixed wing can be made to fit in a 40 gallon trash bag. Hang around, there's a lot of good stuff to be gained here. I'd like to steer you to CaptainDrone's "how to" You Tube videos about using your camera. The auto setting is not your friend.

Reactions: Steve Carr
Know whatcha mean. It's amazing how fast a 40% fixed wing can be made to fit in a 40 gallon trash bag. Hang around, there's a lot of good stuff to be gained here. I'd like to steer you to CaptainDrone's "how to" You Tube videos about using your camera. The auto setting is not your friend.
I have been watching and rewatching his videos even before the first flight..Lots of great advice and how-to

I always looked at helis and quads and said-I would never fly those things...Just to hard......I fly RC planes and just getting into jets..Well a friend in the club showed up at the jet rally with one and I was hooked...I just wanted to say that Yuneec has been the best company that I have dealt with in the RC community..I had a issue that Horizon hobby did not take care of although that's who I bought it from..I have bought a enormous amount of stuff from them and nothing from Yuneec and yet Yuneec came to the rescue..I just wanted to point out that in doing my research between the 2 big drone companies I choose the Yuneec Typhoon H ..It came down to the transmitter having everything togather -6 blades instead of 2-super easy to see in the air..I liked them both but even after I received mine I have no regreats..My wife has been a great supporter of the planes and jets and has never had a interest in flying herself-UNTILL NOW-................Needless to say,She is now the new owner of my Yuneec Typhoon H....She says I can still fly it but it has punched her ticket..She has 4 flights on it now,Flying in Angle mode so not to pick up any bad habits and she is flying it as good as I do...This is that easy..Don't listen to some folks that have that Ford-Chevy-Dodge comparisons and try to scare you off from looking at all drones and just make your decision from what you like...The hundred of hours of flying RC could not keep my knee's from knocking...2 seconds from takeoff that was all gone...It was as easy as grinning..Technology is great and they all seem to fly good..Do all your homework-Watch a lot of Yoootube-Read the forums and fut your hands on each one...This technology was not availible 2 years ago for under $5000.............This is the longest I have ever posted..I Thank Rayray for the welcoming within minutes of my joining this forum...Ya'll keep up the good advice..
I think you made a good choice and it's great that your wife has caught the bird flu. Wish my wife had more interest so we could travel together to get some great video. I still haven't been able to fly in team mode because I don't have a second operator. Hope you have many hundreds of hours on enjoyment ahead.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulrs