Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Newbie needs help!

Reaction score
Hello all,
1. I'm brand new at this. Just got the Q500 4K. It's my first advanced drone. I learned with a Syma that I bought a few weeks ago. So I took it out of the case and followed the setup. It's pouring here so I turned it on indoors just to set it up, not to fly it indoors. When the drone and controller initialize all seems fine. I noticed though that all lights work except one. There are 4 white strobing lights but the left front one does not strobe in white. It just stays in the purple/blue color. Note: I see these lights have a color plus a white strobe. So 3 have the color + the white strobe and front left just has the color with no white strobe. Is this normal?

2. I see a little plug cable hanging inside the battery compartment close to the door. Anybody knows what this is for? I can't seem to find it in the manual.
Looking forward to taking it out for the first flight tomorrow.
Thanks!!

Hello all,
1. I'm brand new at this. Just got the Q500 4K. It's my first advanced drone. I learned with a Syma that I bought a few weeks ago. So I took it out of the case and followed the setup. It's pouring here so I turned it on indoors just to set it up, not to fly it indoors. When the drone and controller initialize all seems fine. I noticed though that all lights work except one. There are 4 white strobing lights but the left front one does not strobe in white. It just stays in the purple/blue color. Note: I see these lights have a color plus a white strobe. So 3 have the color + the white strobe and front left just has the color with no white strobe. Is this normal?
2. I see a little plug cable hanging inside the battery compartment close to the door. Anybody knows what this is for? I can't seem to find it in the manual.
Looking forward to taking it out for the first flight tomorrow.
Thanks!!
The lights under the motors are LED lights. If one isn't working it won't affect flying. They are easy to change if you want to try to contact Yuneec and see if they will send you one. The call wait times are really long though.

The little cable you see is to connect the Q to your computer if you want to test the Q with the GUI. That is a piece software that can be downloaded from Yuneec.com.
The cable should be tucked away and not in the way to install or remove the battery. There is usually a small piece of velcro at the upper right side inside the battery door where the wire should be stored out of the way.

Thanks. Note though that the LED works. The colored light works, not the white light. Do these lights have 2 separate LED's internally, colored and white?
Thanks

You know, I never noticed. You can just remove the screws on the plastic cover to see the light.

OK great, I'm gonna try it tomorrow and see. I will post my results.
Thanks again!

Good deal. You might have to remove the lens from one that is working so you can see how the lights work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ludwig