Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Newbie Question: Registering with the FAA

Reaction score
So I went through the process, paid my $5 bucks, registered my drone, have a number. When I went to print it out, it came out VERY small with the number and my name, etc.

Where do you guys put this on your drone ? Do you keep the small copy in your wallet and print out the number larger to put it on the drone ?

I would love to get like a clear sticker that has the number on it.

I used a label maker and placed mine on flight packs. Not only for my Typhoon but also my Rc Helicopter batteries. I've seen some users place right on airframe (outside)

I used a label maker and placed mine on flight packs. Not only for my Typhoon but also my Rc Helicopter batteries. I've seen some users place right on airframe (outside)
That's a great idea ! Thanks.

Label maker works great, but you can also get custom laser lettering on Ebay. I got carbon fiber white and they look great.

So I went through the process, paid my $5 bucks, registered my drone, have a number. When I went to print it out, it came out VERY small with the number and my name, etc.

Where do you guys put this on your drone ? Do you keep the small copy in your wallet and print out the number larger to put it on the drone ?

I would love to get like a clear sticker that has the number on it.

use label maker , you can put the label inside the battery compartment ( as long as you dont need tools to open it). the little print out is meant for you to carry in your wallet, in case authorities ask you for your registration. You can also you that same number for all sUAS that you own.

the registration is a joke, basically if you fly your UAV and crash somewhere you arent supposed to be, they will know where to look for you. Get caught flying without it and you could get fined upto 25k. Make sure you take that number off of it when you sell the UAV.

use label maker , you can put the label inside the battery compartment ( as long as you dont need tools to open it). the little print out is meant for you to carry in your wallet, in case authorities ask you for your registration. You can also you that same number for all sUAS that you own.

the registration is a joke, basically if you fly your UAV and crash somewhere you arent supposed to be, they will know where to look for you. Get caught flying without it and you could get fined upto 25k. Make sure you take that number off of it when you sell the UAV.
Thanks John, it's annoying but a small price to pay to fly legally.

I have serious reservations about sticking that number to my drones. What's stopping anyone with bad intentions from copying your number, putting on their drone, then doing something illegal! I'm not putting myself in that position. The FAA needs to seriously rethink their policys!

I have serious reservations about sticking that number to my drones. What's stopping anyone with bad intentions from copying your number, putting on their drone, then doing something illegal! I'm not putting myself in that position. The FAA needs to seriously rethink their policys!

I agree, its a double edged sword, on one hand, having the number means if your craft flies away theres a chance that if someone else finds it, they can trace it and get it back to you. On the other, if your craft ends up somewhere it's not supposed to be , they can trace it and hit you with serious fines. And if someone copies your number and puts on their craft, then you may get in trouble there too. But lets say someone does do that and gets caught while flying, that number wont match their identity, now they are in some deep doo. And if you get caught flying a registered UAV without it being labeled in some fashion then you got problems. That's why i put mine inside the battery compartment. If the "authorities" want to check me out, I am legal. And unless someone goes inside the battery compartment, they cant copy my number.
It seems there's a good and bad side to everything. Drones are great, they have many really cool, positive and productive uses, but they can and will be used for really terrible things. Hopefully we will all be able to keep are heads on right when these situations present themselves. Make no mistake UAV's are here to stay, the only question is will WE be able to fly anywhere after the dust settles?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval