Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Newbie, shopping around

Well, waddyaknow, I have stumbled across a YouTube video by Andreas Baumann which not only gives me renewed enthusiasm but also surely does cast doubt upon the authenticity of the above "comparison" test.

Especially considering that he was a newbie at the time, I thought Mr Baumann's video was excellent - and I was particularly impressed with the early sequence looking down on a house rooftop and the late sequence looking down on a back yard swimming pool because they are so much superior to the similar rooftop sequence in the "comparison" video which, presumably intentionally, cast doubt on the fitness for purpose of the H camera/lens.

Mr Baumann's video is doubtless already known to most here, but for those who haven't seen it:

I'm now back in the game! (But still waiting on any possible new product announcements from next week's CES.)

I am pleased that you are pleased. I have a month-old H sitting on my table and have been waiting for over 2 weeks for a RS H to ship from Yuneec. If there is something announced next week that is hard to resist I may cancel that order.

Hi All,
I was browsing through YouTube and on the Drone U site the had a competitive comparison of the H and DJI P4P for commercial work and the result will amaze you it was mainly about the 520 but referred back to the 480 some times about cameras and settings. These blokes are serious DJI FANS , THE HAVE ORDERED THERE COFFINS IN THE SHAPE OF A PHANTOM, have a look and evaluate for yourself. On the DRONE U YouTube site 1 to 2 days ago. Johnno Hennessy.
Keep flying on the green side of the grass .

Check out YouTube site Drone U for a comparison . The video is 1 to 2 days ago so will be easy to find. I think it is mainly about the 520 and why he is going to use it for survey work but admits that the H has not been given ago with its camera and processor. Johnno Hennessy.
Keep flying on the green side of the grass

Interesting post, thanks. I can now see that the H ships in the USA with a 98 lens but here in the UK it is only available with the 115 lens (and I read that the 98 lens will never be made available in Europe). This is very disappointing - if the 98 is indeed appreciably better (I have been looking for a comparison video online but can't find one…presumably because few people have ever had the chance to compare them). I'm definitely not prepared to void the warranty to get a 98 lens retro-fitted. And I guess I couldn't just order an H from a US supplier willing to ship to the uk…
Is Yuneec Europe confused - or is it just me? I now see that the UK version of the H (all variants) ships with a
94° lens (is this new?) if I buy it from:
Typhoon H Pro with Intel® RealSense™ Technology (UK Version)
…but if I buy from Yuneec's UK website, they all ship with the 115 lens:
Drones : Typhoon H Pro Realsense™

These are both the same Item No. - YUNTYHBRUK - so I don't know what's going on…unless this is an early symptom of Brexit. Or maybe the UK website will update shortly to offer the 94° lens too.

Anyway, confused as it is, I'm delighted that I can, after all, buy a factory-fitted 94° degree lens in the UK.

All the EU variants are now shipping with the 94° lens too so I'm glad I didn't buy one last week when only the 115 lens was offered in Germany.

Things are looking up.

(As far as I know, the only difference between UK and EU variants of Yuneec models is that they have different wall plugs.)

Last edited:
Is Yuneec Europe confused - or is it just me? I now see that the UK version of the H (all variants) ships with a
94° lens (is this new?) if I buy it from:
Typhoon H Pro with Intel® RealSense™ Technology (UK Version)
…but if I buy from Yuneec's UK website, they all ship with the 115 lens:
Drones : Typhoon H Pro Realsense™
To answer my own question, the 94 degree lens isn't new. BroVari, of this parish, reported them all over Europe earlier this year.

Can anyone please point me to some footage shot through the 94?

small piece of footage with standard lens (suppose a 94, while bought from Yuneec Germany), no filters, no postprocessing, all auto settings.

copyright AEROBOTIK aerial imaging

[EDIT: this footage was taken may-june 2017. I had the H for only three months and was still learning everything, especially flying the thing and bringing her back home in one piece. at the end of this footage I almost ram the H into powerlines which I overlooked. a bit later on I started discovering and working with the camera settings, while I felt comfortable flying the H. the H is my first drone ever. had a wooden RC glider 32 years ago, which lasted only a few months. :eek: ]

Last edited:
Reactions: YuKay
Thanks Dr Delta - is there an HD version of this?

AFAIK, the CGO3+ 94 lens looks identical externally to the 115 so do you know if there is any physical evidence to nail the lens FOV apart from what's printed on the pack?

Short of that, do the 94 and 115 produce different pixel dimensions/aspect ratios?

At the time I filmed mostly in 1080 while smaller files and being a noob.
I do have some 4k material, maybe even from that time, but I have to look it up. Give me a shout if you wat some and PM an e-mail adress so I can forward large file to you.

I never found any traces of anything indicating the specs of the lens. And I am not aware of the pixel specs of the lenses, sorry to say that is not really in my textbook.

Reactions: YuKay
If you Google [typhoon H 94 lens] and [typhoon H 98 lens] and [typhoon H 115 lens] you can find examples of all three available somewhere in Europe or the US -- and at least the 94 and 115 are currently available to buy in the UK.

As it's been already said by others, when watching YouTube videos for comparisons, most are made by biased individuals who take a serious slant to their favorite.

If you Google [typhoon H 94 lens] and [typhoon H 98 lens] and [typhoon H 115 lens] you can find examples of all three available somewhere in Europe or the US -- and at least the 94 and 115 are currently available to buy in the UK.

How do you tell which one you may have?

Thanks - I can't see an obvious difference between those lenses; but when I compare images of a current COG3+ with 115˚ FOV and one with 94˚ FOV, the outer twist rings are a different colour:

Yuneec COG3+ 115vs94 lens.jpg

I would welcome confirmation.

EDIT: I see from Yuneec's US website that the current 98˚ CGO3+ lens looks the same as the 115˚ image on the left, so possibly only the 94˚ lens looks different.

Last edited:
The 'outer twist rings' are a theframes for flimsy protection 'glass' that is standard on any cgo3+ .
I never saw the shiny left one in real life though.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval