Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Nice Carry-On Bag

At 10" folded a H will be over every airline carry on size limit when in a case. Not all check, but those that do could be sending your expensive toy to the baggage hold for the gorillas to play with.

At 10" folded a H will be over every airline carry on size limit when in a case. Not all check, but those that do could be sending your expensive toy to the baggage hold for the gorillas to play with.
People report on Amazon that they have never had an issue taking this bag on as their "personal bag" and that it fits under the seat fine:
Amazon.com: Questions And Answers: Does this bag fit in the "personal bag" sizer for Spirit Airlines and does it fit under the seat? Has anyone had a problem at the airport with this?

Yeah they are under 9" empty. What size do you think they become with a 10" H in them - clue not less than 10"!

Only SW lists 10" carry on most others in US are 9"; thus a 8.75" bag.

You are quoting numbers from carry-on baggage. Most airlines don't give a figure for a "personal bag" and, from what I've ready, most are primarily interested that it is able to fit under the seat in front of you. I'm pretty certain that most people that have flown with this bag have packed it to the point where it is thicker than 9".

Here is an article that shows the wide range of responses airlines gave for "personal bag" limits: Is a Backpack a Personal Item?

You are quoting numbers from carry-on baggage. Most airlines don't give a figure for a "personal bag" and, from what I've ready, most are primarily interested that it is able to fit under the seat in front of you. I'm pretty certain that most people that have flown with this bag have packed it to the point where it is thicker than 9".

Here is an article that shows the wide range of responses airlines gave for "personal bag" limits: Is a Backpack a Personal Item?

Good luck!

That eBay seller cancelled my purchase, saying they were out of stock, even though their auction showed that they had 2 left after my purchase.

But I scored an even better deal on Amazon by looking at other buying options. Amazon had some apparent returns in varying conditions. I picked up one in "very good" condition for $56.32 + $4.51 in taxes for one that came in original package and the only damage was to the packaging. I see one more listed like that that still.

Reactions: Capt. Crunch
That eBay seller cancelled my purchase, saying they were out of stock, even though their auction showed that they had 2 left after my purchase.

But I scored an even better deal on Amazon by looking at other buying options. Amazon had some apparent returns in varying conditions. I picked up one in "very good" condition for $56.32 + $4.51 in taxes for one that came in original package and the only damage was to the packaging. I see one more listed like that that still.
Same thing happened to me! So, I found another one and didn't get the great price you did. LOL Oh well.

When mine arrives, I'm going to design an inner skeleton to protect the H and 16. I'm also going to add shoulder straps to make it into a backpack.

Reactions: HarveyC
under-the-seat areas vary by airline, model of plane and seat, so I would not trust being able to put under a seat. as for the overhead bins, that also varies by size of plane (I've been on some short flights where the space was tiny)....and I wouldn't want to put a soft-sided bag in overhead knowing how people try to ram their over-sized carry-ons in the bins. I would err on the safe side and assume that if the H in its normal state (landing gear down, arms down), that if it wouldn't fit in that luggage sizer they have at the airports, I wouldn't risk trying to put it overhead.

Yeah they are under 9" empty. What size do you think they become with a 10" H in them - clue not less than 10"!

Only SW lists 10" carry on most others in US are 9"; thus a 8.75" bag.

You can take the landing gear off with one screw on each side and that will take it just under 9"

When mine arrives, I'm going to design an inner skeleton to protect the H and 16. I'm also going to add shoulder straps to make it into a backpack.
I use a lot of the "Great Stuff" foam insulation in a can for packing some sensitive high value plants (figs, not MJ!) and have been thinking I might spray some in a box lined with a plastic bag and then carve out areas for legs and arms, etc. since it is a fairly rigid product once it sets up. I've also toyed with the idea of creating a form somehow and then spraying the foam within that form. This foam does not adhere to plastic bags so it is somewhat easy to work with.

Reactions: Capt. Crunch
I use a lot of the "Great Stuff" foam insulation in a can for packing some sensitive high value plants (figs, not MJ!) and have been thinking I might spray some in a box lined with a plastic bag and then carve out areas for legs and arms, etc. since it is a fairly rigid product once it sets up. I've also toyed with the idea of creating a form somehow and then spraying the foam within that form. This foam does not adhere to plastic bags so it is somewhat easy to work with.
That's a great idea! What I have in mind though is a skeleton that you could stand on. I want real protection for my aircraft.

Reactions: HarveyC

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval