Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Night flying

Reaction score
As a hobbyist, is flying at night legal? I havent been able to find a definite answer.

Bill W.

Reactions: Rayray
R

Rayray

Yes, especially if you're a member of a local community group. Bill, there are posts on here going into detail, maybe you can find them, or someone here will give you a more complete answer. I do know the answer is yes.

Reaction score
The FAA says and this is just a suggestion on their part till they get they way:

Rules for flying a drone safely and legally include: flying during daylight and in good weather; keeping the UAV in sight; making sure the aircraft is safe for flight before take-off; and respecting the privacy of others by avoiding private property or taking photos or videos without permission.

Reactions: BillyTexas
Reaction score
We could get some really cool shots at nighy with the camera set right.

Bill W.

Reaction score
All i could find on ama was this

RC night flying requires a lighting system providing the pilot with a clear view of the model’s attitude and orientation at all times. Hand-held illumination systems are inadequate for night flying operations

Bill W.

Reaction score
As a hobbyist, is flying at night legal? I havent been able to find a definite answer.

Bill W.
Yes, with a FAA waiver and night optical lighting. Some will argue it is not law, but get caught flying at night and when the court fines you, is it law? Hmnn ! :confused:

Reaction score
Yes, with a FAA waiver and night optical lighting. Some will argue it is not law, but get caught flying at night and when the court fines you, is it law? Hmnn ! :confused:
Im not gonna like your comment here because i really want to take some night pictures.....lol

Bill W.

Reaction score
107 does not apply to Hobbyists.
Thats what i was thinking. I know the AMA has been fighting hard to keep the ferderal laws for hobbists in tact. And i did read an article where ama said the laws for hobbist still stands. Key being you have to be a member of a community organization.

Bill W.

Reaction score
Im not gonna like your comment here because i really want to take some night pictures.....lol

Bill W.
Come on Billy like it! The lights on the DJI and Yuneec's meet FAA standards for night flight, get a 107, a waiver and fly to the moon ! ;)

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sana