Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

No Angle mode with GPS?

Wondering if I should do another firmware update just in case something got messed up.
Well thats exactly what I just did and Boom! Motors switch is working. Also Gimble is now working with the pan and tilt. One question i have is I tried to take a pano pic while just setting and the gimble didn't move. It took all 8 pics but never turned. I guess I'm a little confused on the camera/video switches on the left side. The terminology is confusing. any input would be appreciated. I will probably try to take it out tomorrow and see how things go.
Thanks Guys
P.S. my color code blinker sheet says nothing at all about purple with white. Where are you finding that information online?
TIA

Two comments for you. First, if you downloaded the manual from Yuneec's website, look on page 22. Scroll down to the word "NOTICE" and that's where it tells about the white blinking light between purple blinking lights. As someone else mentioned, it means you have enough satellites for flight.

Second, the Panoramic feature is something that happened to me as did you. The camera took 8 pictures, but never rotated. You need to do a Gimbal/Camera Calibration. Do this per instructions on page 21 of the manual. Be sure the aircraft is sitting on a level surface, and to turn on the ST16 first, then the aircraft. Once the calibration is complete, power down the aircraft and then restart it. Now you should be able to do the Panoramic photos and the camera will turn after each shot.
As a matter of fact, I sat the aircraft on my coffee table in our living room and had it do a Panoramic shot. I sat in one chair when it began, and then moved to a different chair before the camera came around and when I stitched all the shots together, it shows me sitting in two different places! :)

One more thing, be very careful with the Mode switch. It's easy to accidentally bump it into the Smart Mode and you don't want to do that!

Good luck and happy landings!

Reactions: Wakeborder2
You are posting where that info is located. The word about the color codes went out in May 2016.

You are posting where that info is located. The word about the color codes went out in May 2016.

So what? The color code changes would may have been relevant to those who had an H back in May 2016. However, for those of us who are recent buyers, one would think the color code card is current and there wouldn't be any reason to not think it is correct. So when the colors/white do not match what's on the card, you cannot blame someone to ask if there is a problem. If Yuneec can put a new antenna in the box, they certainly could have put a new color code key in the box.

Two comments for you. First, if you downloaded the manual from Yuneec's website, look on page 22. Scroll down to the word "NOTICE" and that's where it tells about the white blinking light between purple blinking lights. As someone else mentioned, it means you have enough satellites for flight.

Second, the Panoramic feature is something that happened to me as did you. The camera took 8 pictures, but never rotated. You need to do a Gimbal/Camera Calibration. Do this per instructions on page 21 of the manual. Be sure the aircraft is sitting on a level surface, and to turn on the ST16 first, then the aircraft. Once the calibration is complete, power down the aircraft and then restart it. Now you should be able to do the Panoramic photos and the camera will turn after each shot.
As a matter of fact, I sat the aircraft on my coffee table in our living room and had it do a Panoramic shot. I sat in one chair when it began, and then moved to a different chair before the camera came around and when I stitched all the shots together, it shows me sitting in two different places! :)

One more thing, be very careful with the Mode switch. It's easy to accidentally bump it into the Smart Mode and you don't want to do that!

Good luck and happy landings!

Thanks....I might be using an old pdf manual off the net as I was reading it before I purchased it....I'll try the one I downloaded yesterday...thanks in advance
Dennis

...<snip>...
P.S. my color code blinker sheet says nothing at all about purple with white. Where are you finding that information online?
TIA
Yuneec didn't update the info sheet. Purple/short white is normal for Angle mode with GPS.

To your question: Where are you finding that information online? Answer: You are finding it here, from experienced pilots.

Regarding the purple/white lights.
My code card also shows "solid purple for angle mode with gps lock", however if fact the light blinks long purple - short white. It appears the same as the code for "angle mode with no gps lock" but with white substituted for blank.

Thanks....I might be using an old pdf manual off the net as I was reading it before I purchased it....I'll try the one I downloaded yesterday...thanks in advance
Dennis

I was curious and rechecked the online manual today. It's still the same as when I got it the first time. the only other thing is, that I said to look on page 22. It's actually on page 23 where it tells about the purple & white light indication.

One more tip that the manual doesn't tell about, is when you power on your "H", watch the main light on the rear of the craft. The first two seconds it will show either Green, Yellow or Red, then continue to boot up. These colors tell you if the battery is good (Green), or Yellow(amber) needs charging, or Red means don't fly. Since Yuneec didn't make a Smart Battery, this is just a quick way to tell battery condition before flight.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmsmindspace