Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

No Drones

Reaction score
4A65E649-77F6-4FD7-8064-AD2832D5F547.jpeg i seen this on the other forum and really don’t know exactly where it was but maybe a “ sign” of things to come.

I can't speak for everywhere but.... sUAS are NOT permitted in US national parks or NC state parks. For 107 pilots I think there may be a process to submit a request to fly in those parks but I'm not sure. Its unlikely a quick process.

Luckily where I live county and city parks are open to sUAS at least for now. It will likely only take one jerk to change that policy.

Our city and county closed the parks to drones. I lost my test spot I used safely with no trouble for two years. Now my backyard is my new launch area as we expanded it and I installed a permanent level launch area. My wife was not pleased at first but now wants me to show off to guests lol. The rule says I can’t fly in the park but nothing about flying over it. It’s within my safe range and VLOS
and no NFZ areas close by. I can navigate to it via a wash and not fly over anybody’s property if I get this FPV rig working. Having market share also makes you the target of signage and I’d argue gently the first time about quad vs hex but I don’t think the government officials will find sympathy.

Reactions: PatR
I can't speak for everywhere but.... sUAS are NOT permitted in US national parks or NC state parks. For 107 pilots I think there may be a process to submit a request to fly in those parks but I'm not sure. Its unlikely a quick process.

Luckily where I live county and city parks are open to sUAS at least for now. It will likely only take one jerk to change that policy.
In the U.K. it's largely hit and miss. Some national parks have a ban and some don't. Likewise, some local authority parks allow sUAS and some don't.

For example, some months ago I was given a brief by a client to take a picture set of an object which was sited in a 'country' park which had a ban on drones. It was a very long and drawn out process to get the permission which was finally obtained after almost a month. But I know of another park over towards Manchester that has absolutely no restrictions even though there is a BT relay tower sited in it! (Heaton Park for those that know it).

In reality, although some places have a ban, I've found that the bans are mostly ignored by both pilots and the overseeing authorities many of which are lacking in resources to enforce those bans. One example is Marsden Moor in the Pennines. Unknown to me (and I suppose I should have known) there is a part-year restriction on flying drones: during ground nesting bird season. One day I was flying a quadcopter there and I was pulled up by a ranger. Now, although he insisted that I land, he took no further action and even gave me some advice on how to obtain a permission to fly there should I want to fly there in future!

Still wearing mine!! It’s definitely a conversation starter.

I still got to come down for a weekend... LMAO at 3 people flying and all wearing the same shirt... why, yes we are members of a Drone Gang called The Icarian Decapitators... :D Still trying to decide whether to make a version with the dog getting the ax...

I photographed that sign on the Northbound side of the Natchez Trace Pkwy at the Hwy 100 Bridge just at the North End terminus (close to Loveless Cafe).

There is no official parking at that end, however, there is an official parking lot on the other end of the bridge (Southbound side) with pedestrian access to the bridge. (Whether pedestrians are legally allowed on the bridge or not, I do not know, however it is easier to do so from the North end, and I have seen hundreds of people do so to take photos)

There is NOT a "No Drone" sign on the North end (Southbound side) where the parking lot is, only on the other end. So..........I take that to mean that they do not want people parking on the road shoulder and entering the bridge via foot from the South end, especially to fly a drone. From the North end....there is a significant sized parking lot, perhaps "less danger".... But... no sign.

Forgiveness...Permission...Blah, Blah, Blah....

The way I see it, if you enter from Hwy 100 (the Northern terminus for Natchez Trace Pkwy), and immediately park in the "overlook" lot, and then proceed to do whatever it is that tourists do there, you will never have opportunity to see the backside of a small sign that is over 1,200 feet away on the other end of the bridge and does not necessarily pertain to whatever it is that people do on the opposite end.

I photographed that sign on the Northbound side of the Natchez Trace Pkwy at the Hwy 100 Bridge just at the North End terminus (close to Loveless Cafe).

There is no official parking at that end, however, there is an official parking lot on the other end of the bridge (Southbound side) with pedestrian access to the bridge. (Whether pedestrians are legally allowed on the bridge or not, I do not know, however it is easier to do so from the North end, and I have seen hundreds of people do so to take photos)

There is NOT a "No Drone" sign on the North end (Southbound side) where the parking lot is, only on the other end. So..........I take that to mean that they do not want people parking on the road shoulder and entering the bridge via foot from the South end, especially to fly a drone. From the North end....there is a significant sized parking lot, perhaps "less danger".... But... no sign.

Forgiveness...Permission...Blah, Blah, Blah....

The way I see it, if you enter from Hwy 100 (the Northern terminus for Natchez Trace Pkwy), and immediately park in the "overlook" lot, and then proceed to do whatever it is that tourists do there, you will never have opportunity to see the backside of a small sign that is over 1,200 feet away on the other end of the bridge and does not necessarily pertain to whatever it is that people do on the opposite end.
Cool pic

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ploomy