Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

No-fly zone

Reaction score
I have a Typhon H and I don't know if the drone has a no-fly zone. I took off 200 m from the airport and he flew. Why did he fly? Where is the mistake.

Only major airports are listed in the Yuneec NFZ database. Regardless of the firmware, the pilot is always responsible for determining safe and legal flights. So use an app to determine where you can fly legally.

Reactions: ernie gilmore
The Typhoon H has NFZ built in for Class B, C, and D airports. It requires the NFZ unlock to remove it.
I don't want to remove the protection. I wonder how to turn it on. I don't know if Typhon H + ST16 has it activated. Or how to activate it. I was close to the airport 200 m and the drone flew. Does the drone have protection or not? I write repeatedly so you can understand me. Where can I find a lock. Is there any software for that ?? How do you do it.

In the Typhoon H, the commercial vehicles are permanently programmed into the flight controller.
This can be enabled by Yuneec.

Either you have used your drone and bought it with the commercial vehicle deactivated, or the airfield was inadvertently not programmed by Yuneec.

If a TH was unlocked, you can see in the GUI, because the menu was extended there by the unlocking.

Best regards from Switzerland,
Enrico

Reactions: Mike Irish
bought it with the commercial vehicle deactivated,
Not necessarily. The built-in NFZ database does not cover all airports. RudaR may simply be close to an airport that is smaller.

Is there any software for that ??
You need to find the NFZ areas in your country. There may be phone apps that will show you where the restricted areas are located.

Install the Typhoon H GUI on your Windows PC and run it in admin mode and Win 7 compatibility. If you can’t find it on the Yuneec website for download, you can find it on the @Yuneec Skins Yuneec downloads site (free of charge even)
Post in thread 'Yuneec Downloads'
Yuneec Downloads

Connect to the GUI using the USB cable that came with the TH. Once it is opened click on Settings from the menu on the left. If the unlock has been installed on your aircraft there will be a selection to enable and disable the NFZ unlock. (You have a bonus if this was installed on your aircraft)

If those options are not there then the airport you are near is not large enough to have made the NFZ list when the firmware was written for the TH. As was stated by others it is the responsibility of the pilot to follow the rules where he/she is flying not the aircraft system being piloted.

Don't keep telling me about responsibility. The question is different. I asked for control, not responsibility. You're probably the third. I know where to fly.
Have you downloaded the GUI and connected the Typhoon H to it yet?

Has the NFZ unlock been applied to it? If it has you will see choices to enable/disable the NFZ unlock, if not there will only be the height and distance geofence settings.

You are the first person I know of that was upset because their TH allowed them to fly where they choose, thus leaving it to the NFZ database between their ears to determine when to fly and when not to. The last NFZ database update for the Typhoon H was in early 2017 and only incorporates Class B, C, and D airspace. If the airport was in airspace other than those three and your country’s laws prohibit you to fly near those airports then the TH will not stop you.

Ultimately, the control you ask about has been answered. Whether you choose to use it or not is up to you. I’m not trying to be rude, but straightforward. The Typhoon H NFZ database was updated in 2017, and the gray matter NFZ database updated in 2020. Like anything else use the latest update.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mike Irish
Have you downloaded the GUI and connected the Typhoon H to it yet?

Has the NFZ unlock been applied to it? If it has you will see choices to enable/disable the NFZ unlock, if not there will only be the height and distance geofence settings.

You are the first person I know of that was upset because their TH allowed them to fly where they choose, thus leaving it to the NFZ database between their ears to determine when to fly and when not to. The last NFZ database update for the Typhoon H was in early 2017 and only incorporates Class B, C, and D airspace. If the airport was in airspace other than those three and your country’s laws prohibit you to fly near those airports then the TH will not stop you.

Ultimately, the control you ask about has been answered. Whether you choose to use it or not is up to you. I’m not trying to be rude, but straightforward. The Typhoon H NFZ database was updated in 2017, and the gray matter NFZ database updated in 2020. Like anything else use the latest update.
Thank you for your repeated information. I don't have a drone at home, I have it in the garden. I will look at it. I also found WTFDproject Rev 67.zip. Very well. Lots of hours of work! ! ! a! ! ! It also says that not every cable works. Important information. I have a Typhon H from 2017 and there were problems. I didn't know and I used a similar cable. USB should be USB not also for data. Just a little reminder. Thank you for everything. From Friday - yesterday there are new exams: Rejstřík provozovatelů bezpilotních systémů, Rejstřík provozovatelů bezpilotních systémů, https://letejtezodpovedne.cz/legislativa/co_nas_ceka?clid=248. A little address if you want to look. My A is probably bad.

Thank you for your repeated information. I don't have a drone at home, I have it in the garden. I will look at it. I also found WTFDproject Rev 67.zip. Very well. Lots of hours of work! ! ! a! ! ! It also says that not every cable works. Important information. I have a Typhon H from 2017 and there were problems. I didn't know and I used a similar cable. USB should be USB not also for data. Just a little reminder. Thank you for everything. From Friday - yesterday there are new exams: Rejstřík provozovatelů bezpilotních systémů, Rejstřík provozovatelů bezpilotních systémů, https://letejtezodpovedne.cz/legislativa/co_nas_ceka?clid=248. A little address if you want to look. My A is probably bad.
Rejstřík provozovatelů bezpilotních systémů , Rejstřík provozovatelů bezpilotních systémů ,

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shalinishn18