Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

no gps lock on typhoon H

Hey! Im in South America, i buy my H in Florida and fly well,
When come to the south the GPS indicator in the ST16 remain
In acquiring , never change to Ready, (have 18/20 sats in the UAV and 16/18 in the controller. Only with a disbled GPS the motors run. I try re-binding, compass calibration, and several
Reboots, with no succes.
Help! Thanks!

Reactions: Dilkaman
If you have read my previous post on this topic, I'm from the UK so its not apparently a problem as Yuneec suggests a South America issue that they are investigating.

My H had flown about 18 flights in the UK with no real problems apart from slightly veering to the right when going forward, then suddenly without changing any settings It started getting exactly the same issue as you describe, I did eventually get it to to to GPS ready, by rebooting several times the H and the ST16 and rebinding, but its far from perfect flying it now veers quite severe off to a 45 degrees angle to the right, and to keep a straight line it takes a lot of stick movement to try and keep it flying in a straight line.

I'm now of the opinion possibly gps unit was not perfect from new but has now developed a more serious fault so I shall be returning it to yuneec service, today I also checked the collision avoidance for the first time ever that does not work, which probably ties in with the gps being faulty causing it not to work although it display ready on the screen with a green icon.

If you have read my previous post on this topic, I'm from the UK so its not apparently a problem as Yuneec suggests a South America issue that they are investigating.

My H had flown about 18 flights in the UK with no real problems apart from slightly veering to the right when going forward, then suddenly without changing any settings It started getting exactly the same issue as you describe, I did eventually get it to to to GPS ready, by rebooting several times the H and the ST16 and rebinding, but its far from perfect flying it now veers quite severe off to a 45 degrees angle to the right, and to keep a straight line it takes a lot of stick movement to try and keep it flying in a straight line.

I'm now of the opinion possibly gps unit was not perfect from new but has now developed a more serious fault so I shall be returning it to yuneec service, today I also checked the collision avoidance for the first time ever that does not work, which probably ties in with the gps being faulty causing it not to work although it display ready on the screen with a green icon.

I honestly don't think your problem is the same as ours in the southern Hemisphere as you are still able to do calibrations (even if they only work for you sometimes) and even get into flying the drone granted with some issues as you have described, where as we can do absolutely nothing unless we disable the GPS, which is the main cause of our problem its obvious that there in lies the root of all our problems.

To me, after hours and days scouring the net for answers about my problem I came across a lot of other issues and the majority just get replacements of the defective items in question or a whole new drone, it would seem like something on your drone is faulty and will most likely be replaced and your problems will be solved(I hope I'm right and you get it sorted ASAP), where as there is nothing wrong with our drones its just a coding/firmware/GPS/Compass issue nothing is faulty it is just "incompatible" in our geographic area. At least the customer service I have personally had was very prompt and informative, I hope you get the same great service so you can get back to flying, good luck and if you wouldn't mind giving us a update when you can on the situation would appreciate it. '

Thanks I will keep you informed what Yuneec do, maybe they are not linked gps acquiring on your H to my own but I have not come across anyone else's that has been stuck on acquiring apart from those here, I know when this first occurred I spent over a hour trying this and that and frustratingly you cant even start the motors, even though it displays 17-20 sats.

It seems at lot of the users problems and issues listed across this forum could possibly have been preventable with a better quality control in place during manufacture, this is my second Yuneec model in the last year but unfortunately both have failures after a few weeks of ownership, maybe I've just been unlucky but it does seem the H has a fair amount of issues showing up now, I hope yuneec can promptly resolve all these issues, I will say Yuneec UK customer service in the past has resolved my previous issues quickly.

Unfortunately I've no idea what triggered this problem in the first place or to that point how I eventually got it to show GPS ready, I might have just been lucky after several re-calibrations and rebooting both the H and the ST16, as said previously It does not fly straight now veering to the right quite a bit.

Tonight I've connected the H via the GUI to check if all is well there all the data is correct with no errors showing, so in the model select I've made another copy of the Typhoon H then renamed it Typhoon H copy, selected this one and done a full bind procedure TH and camera, I also carried a accelerometer calibration, tomorrow I'll will do another compass calibration and see if its made any difference to flight performance or indeed check if it goes into acquiring GPS mode again.

I'll report back if it has cured the problem failing that its a return to Yuneec CS.
Always do both callabrations together, better results.

Tried rebinding, nothing solved.Soon I will drive the forces to a mass return of TH to Yuneec, lets see how many can be returned collectively!. Frustrating and not good for them. Cannot get a decent market share against trustworthy opposition based on promises, cheaper pricing and bad customer services, irrespective of where you are in the world!

Tried rebinding, nothing solved.Soon I will drive the forces to a mass return of TH to Yuneec, lets see how many can be returned collectively!. Frustrating and not good for them. Cannot get a decent market share against trustworthy opposition based on promises, cheaper pricing and bad customer services, irrespective of where you are in the world!

Mine is on its way back... so sad :( looks like its back to the Phantom

Mine is on its way back... so sad :( looks like its back to the Phantom

Mine TH is going back tomorrow, now after a lengthy discussion with yuneec CS he said that there is update coming out in the next month which is going to cure a lot of the issues that is occurring, I will keep people informed when I get my H back which he said it would likely be required for 3 days.

Mine TH is going back tomorrow, now after a lengthy discussion with yuneec CS he said that there is update coming out in the next month which is going to cure a lot of the issues that is occurring, I will keep people informed when I get my H back which he said it would likely be required for 3 days.
I hope they fix your problem,this machine is really great, Im puzzled over all the Eu-US firmware crap, the H should boot up and go anywhere.

Just to let you know, I have just experienced the same problem on my recent trip to South Africa. I had an unknown sequence of orange flashing lights and was unable to complete a compass calibration, whatever I tried. Also the GPS would not get past 'acquiring' despite many satellites being seen.

I was able to fly with the GPS turned off, but for decent filming work this mode is hopeless.

On returning to the UK today everything was immediately working again as normal!

Yuneec are on the case and I can only hope there is a simple answer.

Reactions: MarcoA
Thanks! Hope the new firmware repair this.
My 1500 uss bird is in the floor! Buaaaaaaa.

I can assure you Yuneec is on to this at their highest level, things are being worked on and this issue will be solved very soon.

Hi Sparkorc

Did you solve the problem of GPS .. I'm in South America to, also buy 2 drones Typhoon H and both have the same problem .. since I purchase only can fly with gps offline.

I think it could be a manufactures defect and practically can not do much with the drone because it does not work any default fly mode or advance mode

Hi Sparkorc

Did you solve the problem of GPS .. I'm in South America to, also buy 2 drones Typhoon H and both have the same problem .. since I purchase only can fly with gps offline.

I think it could be a manufactures defect and practically can not do much with the drone because it does not work any default fly mode or advance mode

I did eventually manage to get to GPS ready instead of acquiring all the time, by rebooting several times both the ST16 and the TH and re binding several times, as there appears to be something wrong with the GPS unit and I had some other issues, I spoke to Yuneec CS and they said send in for a check over.

At the present time my TH is with Yuneec CS for that issue and a few other issues that have occurred, as soon as here back from Yuneec CS what remedial work they done to rectify my issues I will let you all know.

Last edited:
I see Yuneec has released new firmware, It says it improves Wi-Fi connection, I do not see any mention of our problem unless I overlooked it somewhere.

Unfortunately I cant test the new firmware as I sent my TH back. Maybe someone else could try and let us know if it works would be much appreciated :)

Nicholas, downloaded and installed latest firmware, did not see a huge improvement on the wifi link but I did manage to get 1 gps lock for a flight, the following 2 did not lock and we're waiting to acquire. Flight without gps is much better and smoother but I would like to test all the oh-other functions so maybe a tweak necessary on the update, if only yuneec would correspond with us and use me as a source to sort out issues for Southern Hemisphere .

Last edited:
Nicholas, downloaded and installed latest firmware, did not see a huge improvement on the wifi link but I did manage to get 1 gps lock for a flight, the following 2 did not lock and we're waiting to acquire. Flight without gps is much better and smoother but I would like to test all the oh-other functions so maybe a tweak necessary on the update, if only tuned would correspond with us and use me as a source to sort out issues!!!!

Yea, Interesting that you managed to lock it in even if it was only once, I hope it will be sorted soon if it is will put in a order for the TH Pro.

Do you think while Yuneec have moved to the highest level they could look at the CGO3+ camera lens issues as well.

What are the issues with the camera lenses? This that can be solved relatively quickly with a firmware update, a change in production line often takes a bit longer .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio