Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

No initialization after using Qground control.

Reaction score
Hi, I am new here, and with a new H plus with one flight on it, I was reading on the forum about Qground control to get log files etc. I plugged the H plus into the computer with USB. No battery installed and it connected fine so I messed with Qground a bit, unhooked everything, The next day I got out the drone, upon turning everything on, no lights on at all on the arms, no camera control, it was working, just no control. I came back to the forum to check the problem out, I read all I could find about this issue, tried all the fixes I could find, reinstalled the firmware, I upgraded to build 822 on both the drone and ST16s using files I got here from the repository of files, no luck still wont start up. I even took the top off to see about the 6 blue leds, all were lit and the orange one too. The fan running. I went step by step with the wtfd project to reinstall the firmware, still the same. The only change from flying and working perfectly, and being a brick is Qground. What a frustrating thing, I thought this was going to be fun. At least I am learning alot. Any help and advise would be appreciated.
thank you Andrew

When you did the firmware upgrades, did you format the SD card as FAT32, and on a Windows PC for both the controller and camera? It seems to make a difference.

You mentioned you updated to Build 822, and went step by step using the WTFDproject Document. Did the Drone/Camera/Gimbal part (Phase 1) seem to progress as described by the note in the document?
Please be aware it may take longer than normal for the drone/camera update to begin. The camera will power up and begin flashing green, looking perfectly normal. It takes a little over a minute for the update to start doing anything you can see. And that's for a healthy system in normal operating condition. Different firmware revisions take different times. Systems with problems can take even more time (or never start at all). I would let leave it powered up for at least a few minutes before deciding it is not going to do anything.

Last edited:
Sometimes ago I read in a german forum that someone made upgrade using QGC. This went wrong and the drone gone back to Yuneec ervice. The service said, never do upgrade with QGC. And in this case only Yuneec service could repair this.
As I understand, only reading logs or other read only things are OK. Upgrade, calibration or parameter change may kill the FC firmware.
Now the question is if QGC or the drone did something by itself like automatic update.

br HE

Reactions: Steve Carr
When I recently replaced the mainboard on an H520, it responded the same way: blue and orange LEDs on, but no lights on the arms and no camera initialization. It was an issue with the flight control firmware. I loaded just the autopilot.yuneec file using the micro SD card in the attached E90 and when the camera completed the upload, and the drone did a reset, it fully initialized.

When you did the firmware upgrades, did you format the SD card as FAT32, and on a Windows PC for both the controller and camera? It seems to make a difference.

You mentioned you updated to Build 822, and went step by step using the WTFDproject Document. Did the Drone/Camera/Gimbal part (Phase 1) seem to progress as described by the note in the document?
Please be aware it may take longer than normal for the drone/camera update to begin. The camera will power up and begin flashing green, looking perfectly normal. It takes a little over a minute for the update to start doing anything you can see. And that's for a healthy system in normal operating condition. Different firmware revisions take different times. Systems with problems can take even more time (or never start at all). I would let leave it powered up for at least a few minutes before deciding it is not going to do anything.
I let it sit for a little while, but ill do it again. the camera did stabilize, flashing red a couple min. then green flashing. I will let it sit for awhile. Thank you

Sometimes ago I read in a german forum that someone made upgrade using QGC. This went wrong and the drone gone back to Yuneec ervice. The service said, never do upgrade with QGC. And in this case only Yuneec service could repair this.
As I understand, only reading logs or other read only things are OK. Upgrade, calibration or parameter change may kill the FC firmware.
Now the question is if QGC or the drone did something by itself like automatic update.

br HE
Hi ill try this. yes somehow QGC did something. I was just looking around, didn't tell QGC to do anything. thanks for reply

I have connected a wide variety of Yunneec birds to QGrozndControl and never has QGroundControl installed or changed anything on its own.

Try the following: Turn on the ST-16S and the TH PLUS. Then turn the TH PLUS upside down and put it back on its feet.... Camera must be mounted during this process.

Now all LED's under the motors should flash money. Now go to the WLan sign on the ST-16S and select your mounted camera. Now your TH PLUS should reconnect to the ST-16 and initialize normally.

Greetings Enrico

I let it sit for a little while, but ill do it again. the camera did stabilize, flashing red a couple min. then green flashing. I will let it sit for awhile. Thank you
Hi, I tried the firmware again, let it sit for half hour. Nothing. Also after formatting the disc. I only put the autopilot.yuneec file again nothing

Hi, I tried the firmware again, let it sit for half hour. Nothing. Also after formatting the disc. I only put the autopilot.yuneec file again nothing
Have you let the H Plus sit overnight with no battery installed?
I have had the same problem as you and each time it fixed itself.
The other method I have used: Remove the battery and connect to the computer and QGC a few times. Then remove and let it sit for a couple of hours. If it still doesn't work then we can walk you thru the autopilot reinstall.

Hi ill try this. yes somehow QGC did something. I was just looking around, didn't tell QGC to do anything. thanks for reply
Lakeview,
I've spent about 20 minutes TRYING to get an H Plus to lock itself up on QGC. I've tried various combinations of battery in, battery out, power on, power off. It shows no difficulties at all. Your comment above might be a lead. This same H Plus DID lock up on QGC the first time I used it. And the similarity may be in the statement "looking around". That is what I did the first time also. So would most folks. I have no idea where I looked, or what buttons I pushed, but I wonder if there is a trap in there somewhere.

Can you remember anything at all about where you went when you were "looking around"?

(I don't. lt's been way too long ago.)

The other method I have used: Remove the battery and connect to the computer and QGC a few times. Then remove and let it sit for a couple of hours. If it still doesn't work then we can walk you thru the autopilot reinstall.
Thanks. Yes it sat last night with no battery. I tried the qgc connect but I would put a battery in and try it. I will try this other way now. When you disconnect from qgc, do you just close the program or just pull the cord I haven’t seen a disconnect on the qgc. Thanks again.

Lakeview,
I've spent about 20 minutes TRYING to get an H Plus to lock itself up on QGC. I've tried various combinations of battery in, battery out, power on, power off. It shows no difficulties at all. Your comment above might be a lead. This same H Plus DID lock up on QGC the first time I used it. And the similarity may be in the statement "looking around". That is what I did the first time also. So would most folks. I have no idea where I looked, or what buttons I pushed, but I wonder if there is a trap in there somewhere.

Can you remember anything at all about where you went when you were "looking around"?

(I don't. lt's been way too long ago.)
I think I just looked at the status screen. It said 2 items needed attention battery(not installed) and sensors, but I didn't touch anything else or try to adjust anything. The drone did connect and even loaded a gps map of where it was.

Well, QGroundControl has to connect to the copter, so you connect it.

QGroundControl then reads the current configuration and points out possible discrepancies... but does not change anything without user input.

The map is downloaded via the internet connection and the location of the copter and remote control is displayed. You can also see if you are turning or tilting the copter... and much more can be displayed.... but there are no automatic configuration changes or updates.

Have you tried to follow my instructions?

Best regards, Enrico

When you disconnect from qgc, do you just close the program or just pull the cord I haven’t seen a disconnect on the qgc. Thanks again.
I've done both. It seems to work cleanest by closing QGC first, then disconnecting.
I browsed through some of the Users Guides on the QGC website, and did not see a recommended way of shutting down the system.

I've done both. It seems to work cleanest by closing QGC first, then disconnecting.
I browsed through some of the Users Guides on the QGC website, and did not see a recommended way of shutting down the system.
Ok I hooked it up 4 or 5 times. I’ll do it again and close qgc first.

Well, QGroundControl has to connect to the copter, so you connect it.

QGroundControl then reads the current configuration and points out possible discrepancies... but does not change anything without user input.

The map is downloaded via the internet connection and the location of the copter and remote control is displayed. You can also see if you are turning or tilting the copter... and much more can be displayed.... but there are no automatic configuration changes or updates.

Have you tried to follow my instructions?

Best regards, Enrico
yes I have thanks

Hi, I just had this happen to my H plus! I had to download all new software and reinstall. Hope this helps...

Thanks Steve. I did as you suggested last night. I connected to qgc 4 or 5 times it connected every time, then close qgc and start again. after this it sat all night no battery, still no go.
I would love to know a better way to install the autopilot. I think I have followed the procedure, but I could be missing something. Thank you Andrew

In the 6 years I have been involved with Yuneec copters.... I'm a commercial dealer, I've only had one bird that wouldn't boot up... the bootloader was shot.

Yuneec in Kaltenkirchen, Germany was able to reset the bootloader for me. I had this phenomenon only once.

If it's the same for you, you won't be able to fix it yourself.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval