Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

No voltage on battery blinking BLUE LED

Reaction score
I had a great flight last night (4th one), everything worked smoothly and landed the H at about 50% battery.

Later on I decided to play with camera settings so I started everything up, the H and ST16 linked and I got a good video feed. A couple things I noticed right away....the camera would tilt but not pan (I verified that all the settings were correct), the voltage displayed on the ST16 was 0 and the main LED light on the H was blue and blinking rapidly.

I put the battery back in the charger and the indicator light went from red to green in about 45 minutes. I plugged the battery back into the H, (battery was firmly in place), everything powered up normally, except for the blue blinking LED and other symptoms listed above.

I attempted to power on the motors, but they did not respond. I connected the H to the GUI and the battery levels indicated 0% and I could not get a good connection to test the motors via the GUI.

below is a screenshot of the voltage display from the ST16....thoughts?

Also, does anyone know what the rapid blinking blue LED indicates? I can't find that on Yuneec's reference card.

Attachments

• 20160603_065529.jpg
    20160603_065529.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 99
Ok it's daylight. Take it outside and see what happens.

I won't be able to take it out until after work, but I tested it before I left....same status.

I let the battery charge overnight, indicator light was green when I took it off the charger. The H and the ST16 connect (no errors), video feed comes through, tilt works, pan does not. Voltage on display is 0....the screenshot I included in first post was from this morning. LED on the H is blinking blue rapidly.

Please do not charge these batterys overnight.. They can and will blow up. Blue blinking is a malfunction in your hardware I think. I have had it on mine when I was trying to use my gui. Your pic looks like gps satellite. But hey what do I know.

Last edited:
Blinking blue-radio not connected if I remember. May rebind the radio? Did you perhaps play with the wizard and not switch back?

Reactions: Goh
Haven't taken the wizard out of the box....and by radio...do you mean the ST16? If so, I was thinking that if I have basic camera control and video feed, the communications should be OK.

per Yuneec support (very impressed)....the flashing BLUE LED indicates the H is not bound to the ST16

does anyone have a step-by-step guide on rebinding? I wrote down what the support person read from her script, but want to make sure I got all the details.

Reactions: spongella
That's what I thought.

It's very easy to bind.
1) turn on both the H and ST16
2) wait for flashing blue lights on H
3)tilt the H past 45 degrees towards the nose and return to flat. Repeat. (need to be tilted twice). Light will turn orange.
4)on st16 click on "system settings". Select OK.
5) under model select what is listed . If nothing is listed click refresh
6) click on bind. The light on the h will change to purple or green depending on mode you are in.
7)return to main screen.

I had the something happen to me yesterday when trying to bind my wizard to the H with no success. I had to actually create a new model because it would not connect to the original Typhoon H model profile.

I also have the rapidly blinking blue light. If it means the transmitter is not bound I have a problem. It will not enter the binding mode. Someone mentioned setting up a new model, I guess that will be my next move. It shouldn't be this difficult.

Reactions: GlideAL
That's what I thought.

It's very easy to bind.
1) turn on both the H and ST16
2) wait for flashing blue lights on H
3)tilt the H past 45 degrees towards the nose and return to flat. Repeat. (need to be tilted twice). Light will turn orange.
4)on st16 click on "system settings". Select OK.
5) under model select what is listed . If nothing is listed click refresh
6) click on bind. The light on the h will change to purple or green depending on mode you are in.
7)return to main screen.

Can't get the light to turn orange

Ideas?

lean it forward 3 times , try doing it quicker as ive noticed doing it slow doesnt work usually.

Okay that worked now it asks please select a receiver.

I had a great flight last night (4th one), everything worked smoothly and landed the H at about 50% battery.

Later on I decided to play with camera settings so I started everything up, the H and ST16 linked and I got a good video feed. A couple things I noticed right away....the camera would tilt but not pan (I verified that all the settings were correct), the voltage displayed on the ST16 was 0 and the main LED light on the H was blue and blinking rapidly.

I put the battery back in the charger and the indicator light went from red to green in about 45 minutes. I plugged the battery back into the H, (battery was firmly in place), everything powered up normally, except for the blue blinking LED and other symptoms listed above.

I attempted to power on the motors, but they did not respond. I connected the H to the GUI and the battery levels indicated 0% and I could not get a good connection to test the motors via the GUI.

Also, does anyone know what the rapid blinking blue LED indicates? I can't find that on Yuneec's reference card.

Where did you find that nifty screen?

Why do you have a photo of that screen? It's got nothing to do with the Battery. It's a hidden control display that is accessed by tapping the battery symbol. Move some of the controls on the ST16 and you can see their movement on that display. What you need to be looking at is the Battery symbol that you tapped to get that (unrelated) display.

Why do you have a photo of that screen? It's got nothing to do with the Battery. It's a hidden control display that is accessed by tapping the battery symbol. Move some of the controls on the ST16 and you can see their movement on that display. What you need to be looking at is the Battery symbol that you tapped to get that (unrelated) display.

I don't get that display by tapping on the battery, maybe my fingers are too big LOL

per Yuneec support (very impressed)....the flashing BLUE LED indicates the H is not bound to the ST16

does anyone have a step-by-step guide on rebinding? I wrote down what the support person read from her script, but want to make sure I got all the details.

Reactions: spongella
Okay that worked now it asks please select a receiver.

that means it wants you to select a craft , it will give you the option to select the Typhoon H or create a new one and give it a name ( i always create one so i can mess with settings and always fall back to the original should i need to.
once you have done that it will allow you to select that craft and bind it.

theres a few binding vids on youtube that will explain it better than me.

Tried to select the craft and camera they will not highlight.

I'm pretty sure this thing is going back.
:mad:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval