Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Not Standard Equipment?

Reaction score
Ive tried to find the answer to this question among the other threads, but I'm still swimming in doubt.
I've been able to confirm that my used drone is a Typhoon Q500 4k, however the camera on this bird is a CG02+, and the controller is not the ST10+, but the St10. Im starting fresh here in all aspects, and my concern is firmware updates, and more importantly, am I heading for any unseen wrecks ahead? As a Newbie, and true to form, the previous owner demo'd it at the park, and I've been hooked ever since. Any input is appreciated, and may I add, that this site, is a god-sent, provided I pay attention and move forward very slow. LOL
Thank you guys!!

The only difference in the birds is the camera gimble.
The Q500G, Q500+ and the Q5004K are all the same bird.
Sounds to me like you got an original Q500+ with the CGO2 camera and first edition controller.
Not much in the way of 4K.... Camera and controller are all wrong.
It should still be a good bird.
Before updating... confirm it's not already up to date and needs no further updating for now.
Good luck and happy flying,
Jafo

Thanks for the response. Wow, sure glad I didn't get "shafted". Lol The bird flies great, but I will check out the firmware.

Yeeaah, I know. Hate to admit that my impulsiveness got me again, but hey, she flies and recoeds great!

All grey. Black hood above the camera at top. Q500 in red, and then 4K in chrome. On the black hood in chrome YUNEE............... wait a minute, there's no "C" on the chrome YUNEEC. Is that correct? It must have been surgically removed. LOL

All grey. Black hood above the camera at top. Q500 in red, and then 4K in chrome. On the black hood in chrome YUNEE
What color is your Q ? The 4k is black and the others are white.
Just wanted to say thanks. Ive been reading your posts and replies especially to us Newbies, and your always supportive. it's hard to say that you've been an idiot with your drone, like so. Like now. Jafo, I plugged a USB adapter cord into the copter so I could connect it to the GUI. Lights flashed, it didnt connect , and then it made a beep and turned off. I discovered that it was a homemade cable I used. Now it wont initialize. Controller doesn't see the bird. i know, IDIOT!!. My wife is pissed. I fried it huh?

Always glad to help....
I doubt it's fried.....But sounds like you may need to start over again.
Turn on the quad... Will it stay on ?
When it's on, lift the rear of the bird to 45 degrees two times. This should put the Q in Bind mode and the led on the bottom should glow Orange, See if the box can find the Q now. If so, rebind to the box.
If not.... I would get another GUI adapter from that famous auction site and try again to connect with the Q and see what the GUI tells you.
Most of the time, the Q and the box need to be updated together or you take a chance of loosing connection as you have.
With luck (and probably) the faulty adapter just messed up the firmware. I doubt it fried the receiver.
Keep us updated.
Jafo

Thanks Jafo! Ok, so the bird goes into bind mode no problem. The Q displays a quickly flash orange light. The box still doesn't see it. I deleted any other models (1) reinstalled, still nothing. This happened, not trying to update, but when I tried to connect to the GUI. plugged the adapter into the bird, and then into USB 2.0 Turned the Q , it started to initialize, beeped 3 times and shut off. Just before it shut off, windows 10 gave me an "ID Device Descriptor Failure" I had thought that this homade usb adapter may have created a short that possibly deleted the Q's significant ID? If that's possible. Trying to find an adapter now.

Yep... get a GUI adapter and let us know what you learn.
Jafo, on the underneath side, of the top half of the Typhoon, is a small IC board with a 6-wire pigtail, and what appears to be a bios chip. If Im correct, this is a refresh battery next to it with 0 volts. If that homemade firmware cable had the 5 volt and ground inverted, would that be enough to spank that battery. It definitely has 0 volts

I think your looking at the gps module.It's the only thing I recall in the top half of the shell. Under the gold foil.
You really need the GUI to tell you whats up with the individual components.
It's possible something got fried but I have hopes it's okay.

I think your looking at the gps module.It's the only thing I recall in the top half of the shell. Under the gold foil.
You really need the GUI to tell you whats up with the individual components.
It's possible something got fried but I have hopes it's okay.
I've got the correct cable, I believe the correct drivers, but nothing. Running windows 10,... Im beginning to believe that that homemade usb firmware adapter burnt something. All Ive found is a dead battery on the GPS board. ive learned some valuable lessons with this hobby, but I don't want to throw in the towel. Im reading every forum thread I can find. Thanks Jafo

Well that's some poor news. I was hoping for better results.
Plug in the adapter to your computer
Open the Windows Device Manager and make sure the adapter is seen by Windows. There have been some issues with the GUI and Windows 10. If you see the adapter connected, confirm the port that Windows assigned to it and confirm your on the same port in the GUI.
Try again to connect to the Bird.

Thank you for response. When i plug it in it comes up under usb as a usb converter. Also with windows 7. No matter how many times i download gui. I never get the serial/com option. Maybe this is clue. I choose the model then choose the camera. Put the bird into bind. 2 out of 5 times it will bind on the transmitter but the bird leds stay in bind. Most of the time the bird never shows

Somethings wrong..... Lol.
Did you find the com port the "Converter" is on in the Windows Device manager ? Are you seeing it there ?
If not... that's problem one. Windows is not seeing the adapter.
To run the GUI you won't need your transmitter at all. Your accessing the bird through the receiver.
Hook up the GUI to the bird and computer and turn on the Q to power the receiver.
It doesn't matter if your bound or not. It wont matter if the camera is attached or not.
Confirm to us that you see the adapter in the Windows Device Manager.... and have the com port number it's on.

Somethings wrong..... Lol.
Did you find the com port the "Converter" is on in the Windows Device manager ? Are you seeing it there ?
If not... that's problem one. Windows is not seeing the adapter.
To run the GUI you won't need your transmitter at all. Your accessing the bird through the receiver.
Hook up the GUI to the bird and computer and turn on the Q to power the receiver.
It doesn't matter if your bound or not. It wont matter if the camera is attached or not.
Confirm to us that you see the adapter in the Windows Device Manager.... and have the com port number it's on.
I'm sorry my choppy thoughts carried over into my post. I'm a newbie but I learn quick. I only mentioned the bind incident because everything was great until I plugged that homemade sub adapter into the bird the led s went crazy then the bird shut off. After that the transmitter no longer saw the bird. I visually inspected the
boards in the
bird for a fry but all I found was a dead battery on the GPS. Then I was directed to use the :/ I to track the problem. Whew sorry for the confusion. Ok all I see com up in device mngr is device unknown I update and point to the ing and cat files I downloaded but I get nothing. That him are adapter had the current inverted that's why I was convinced I burnt a board

I'm sorry my choppy thoughts carried over into my post. I'm a newbie but I learn quick. I only mentioned the bind incident because everything was great until I plugged that homemade sub adapter into the bird the led s went crazy then the bird shut off. After that the transmitter no longer saw the bird. I visually inspected the
boards in the
bird for a fry but all I found was a dead battery on the GPS. Then I was directed to use the :/ I to track the problem. Whew sorry for the confusion. Ok all I see com up in device mngr is device unknown I update and point to the ing and cat files I downloaded but I get nothing. That him are adapter had the current inverted that's why I was convinced I burnt a board
Directed to use the gui. Typo

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval