Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Novice Quad Pilot Advice

Reaction score
This advice might help other newbies. Although I purchased a 4k 3 weeks ago I was forced to leave it alone due to travel constraints. Best thing that could have happened. I brought along the Syma x5c to practice how to fly. I feel I'm in complete control
Of the copter now, being able to do all sorts of turns and flying from any orientation. I'm still a little more than 2 weeks away from putting the"big guy" in the air but I know I'm ready! Really learning how to fly on a toy quad builds a lot of confidence for the big step.

Reactions: clackey
That is what I did. Bought a cheap Toy Copter first and learned on it. It was plain, no GPS so I really had to fly it. When I bought my Blade 350qx3 I felt confident. I now have the Typhoon 4k and have no doubts about my skills at this point. I have yet to put the Typhoon in the air but have been busy ready about it wanting to make sure I was not missing any information before I did. Gonna do the Firmware Update to the Quad and the ST10+ before I fly for the first time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bob Emmerich
These are both good ideas. Just make sure you both exhale when you first launch the 4K.

I know I held my breath. :eek:

Have fun!:)

I bought a 'toy' copter to try out first as well. Never did get it outside but flew it in my living room. Have to say my first Typhoon flight was much easier than that little thing. The ability to let go of the controls and have it hover is a HUGE plus that the 'toy' copter didn't have. I would still say it's a good idea to start on something cheap before spending hundreds of dollars.

Jen

I found it very easy to fly, I've had plenty of experience flying r/c planes but no helicopters or quads. My 1st flight was at night due to constant high winds during the day. Takeoff, flight and landing went with no problems. 6 or 7 minute flight.

I am going this week to get a Q500 4k. I have been flying syma, and blade helis. I just got a Nano qx blade, which is a bottle rocket compared to the big Q500. I also bought a qx for my friend who has no experience flying, except real planes. He is doing well with the nano, and I think he will be able to pick up the Q500 quickly. There is NO wisdom in starting off on a $1500 bird, tho some have done it and gotten away with it. Notice I did not say ALL. A SYMA is available for under $20, and they DO bounce off walls and other obstacles very well, much better than a Q500.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech