Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

obs toggle

johnnyb57

Lost in Space
Approved Vendor
Reaction score
Does anyone know if one could buy just the toggle, or do you have to buy the the whole switch ?

You have to buy at least the whole switch. That takes some interesting soldering.
You can also buy the whole button board, which is a lot easier to replace. This link will give you some ideas to search on. I have no idea if it's the best available buy.

Yuneec ST16/ST16S Right Switch Board
Would this be a plug and play so to speak, and by interesting sodering whats that entail for the single switch. Also you had shown a single swith on another post if that would work, r am I better off with the whole console ? I bought the h second hand and the toggle was missing, just want it the way its suppose to be

This particular switch has offset soldering contacts, which makes it hard to find. It is also in a relatively tight space on the board, which makes it a little difficult to remove without damaging the board. If you have pretty good soldering skills, this might be an option. The internals of these switches vary. Sometimes you can find one of the more common switches, and swap the good part into the plastic housing of your broken switch, but that's a pain.
Swapping out the board is just plug and play. No soldering required.
Careful about whatever single switch I posted. The one I finally ordered had a shipping time of something just short of eternity. And it was late.

Reactions: Steve Carr and PatR
This particular switch has offset soldering contacts, which makes it hard to find. It is also in a relatively tight space on the board, which makes it a little difficult to remove without damaging the board. If you have pretty good soldering skills, this might be an option. The internals of these switches vary. Sometimes you can find one of the more common switches, and swap the good part into the plastic housing of your broken switch, but that's a pain.
Swapping out the board is just plug and play. No soldering required.
Careful about whatever single switch I posted. The one I finally ordered had a shipping time of something just short of eternity. And it was late.
Thanx for the info I'll just replace the whole board, then I'll see what your saying for future repairs if needed

Good choice.
And also, I just went to the other post you mentioned, and deleted the link. That switch does not appear to be offset in the manner needed for the OBS switch.

Good choice.
And also, I just went to the other post you mentioned, and deleted the link. That switch does not appear to be offset in the manner needed for the OBS switch.
Thanx again, the reason I asked about the toggle by itself was it looked like that end fell out as no damage to the hole, but for $40 bucks its a done deal. Thank you again

Reactions: WTFDproject
Anyone that elects to tighten the hex nut at the front of the switch runs a high risk of over tightening the nut, which pulls the switch lever out of the switch body. If you are able to get the lever back into the switch body there is no assurance the switch will function correctly afterwards.

If anyone is foolish enough to want to remove the toggle lever all that’s needed is to rotate it 90* to orient the toggle vertically. It slides right out of the housing. As I said, you would be quite foolish in doing so as it will not reinstall easily, and probably won’t function again.

How do I know this you ask?... short version is I need a Retract and gimbal switch for one of my -16’s. I was foolish twice!

Last edited:
Reactions: oldcaptainrusty
You’re welcome. I was hoping to save you all the frustration I’ve experienced trying to reassemble switches[emoji37]

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hendrtiz