Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Older firmware

Reaction score
Is there any body out there who has kept any or all of their firmware updates to date willing to share, I really like the camera drone but these out of the blue problems got me thinking and the sorry yuneec support seems to be no where to be found but when they they do poke their heads up its, send your equipment in to them I smell a rat $$$ for 2 to 4 weeks turn around , also the software on these things seem to be very buggy then you see update at your own risk I'm having weak wifi out of the blue I mean no range at all 2 to 3ft at this point I'm assuming wifi card, anyways good day gents

Older firmware will not solve a problem with a wifi connection. I use a wifi analyzer app on my phone to verify the 5.8 GHz wifi signal from the camera. A problem with wifi can be the camera, the ST10, the antennas or coax cables, coax connectors or the wifi board in either the camera or the ST10. The easiest method of determining which unit has the problem is to find another camera or ST10 to test with.

Reactions: ezed1
Older firmware will not solve a problem with a wifi connection. I use a wifi analyzer app on my phone to verify the 5.8 GHz wifi signal from the camera. A problem with wifi can be the camera, the ST10, the antennas or coax cables, coax connectors or the wifi board in either the camera or the ST10. The easiest method of determining which unit has the problem is to find another camera or ST10 to test with.
well its definitely in the camera somewhere because it acts the same way when its mounted to the steady grip connected to my tablet, up close signal is fine, move a foot or two away and signal is lost :-( got my eyes on a camera now i will update my findings and thanks for your input

Last edited:
Reactions: Steve Carr
The wifi board is not terribly difficult to replace if you know how to remove and install a ribbon cable. The board also has the sd card slot on it.
You might try to reset the wifi with the button on the bottom of the camera. It has to be done when the camera is powered on.

Camera reset buttons.jpg

The wifi board is not terribly difficult to replace if you know how to remove and install a ribbon cable. The board also has the sd card slot on it.
You might try to reset the wifi with the button on the bottom of the camera. It has to be done when the camera is powered on.

View attachment 9915
glad you mention that because i have already been poking around inside the camera and thought the gray part on the ribbon cable connector was a latch ;-/ needless to say it broke apart like paper :-( after some time i was able to get the cable plug back in held down by some 3m tape SMH as for the wifi i didn't reset it but i did change the password but the symptom remained

You may be in a No Fly Zone, or under some kind of WiFi disturbance.
Thanks for your input but the culprit is the cameras WIFI card I swapped it out with one from another camera I purchased and the signal and range was back to normal first i tried the purchased camera and it worked fine so then it was either the gimbal board or the wifi card the gimbal board had too many connections so i went with the wifi card swoop and that took care of the problem ,now the question is what caused the wifi card to go bad or weaken, time will tell because i have new card with old camera setup

Thanks for your input but the culprit is the cameras WIFI card I swapped it out with one from another camera I purchased and the signal and range was back to normal first i tried the purchased camera and it worked fine so then it was either the gimbal board or the wifi card the gimbal board had too many connections so i went with the wifi card swoop and that took care of the problem ,now the question is what caused the wifi card to go bad or weaken, time will tell because i have new card with old camera setup
Glad you identified the problem. If you can't find a wifi card for the camera let me know.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval