Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Orientation offline maps

Reaction score
I don't know what I did wrong.
I downloaded an offline map to the ST16S controler through datapilot connected to my home network.
When going in the field using that map, it is visible, but upside down, meaning when I fly forward, I see the pointer in my sceen of the location of the drone going behind me.
Is there any setting to turn the map on the ST16 ?

Thanks in advance
Best regards, Harry

I don't know what I did wrong.
I downloaded an offline map to the ST16S controler through datapilot connected to my home network.
When going in the field using that map, it is visible, but upside down, meaning when I fly forward, I see the pointer in my sceen of the location of the drone going behind me.
Is there any setting to turn the map on the ST16 ?

Thanks in advance
Best regards, Harry
Hi,
I think the "problem" you refer to is that the DataPilot maps are always fixed to a northerly (GPS track) orientation and do not "rotate" with you and your ground station's (ST16) direction of view. That is "normal".
In my opinion a fixed north orientation of maps (while planning and and later on in the field while flying) gives a better situational awarenes than a more or less reactive pilot's view orientation.
If you are used to "self orientation of maps" from other manufacturers, this ST16 "north freeze" behaviour can be quite irritating, I know.
But in the end all depictions i.e. like the compass and its red needle at the lower right and the red moving arrow on the map correspond well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop