Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Structure Scan Test - DataPilot Issue

Reaction score
I recently tried a structure scan of a small barn as a test. I used DataPilot (latest version) on my laptop to program it, but had an issue with the "Entrance/Exit Alt" value (I entered 20m) not holding after saving and reverting to 0m, as well the entry point location changed after saving to a mission then re-opening.

Before going to the actual site, I loaded the mission from my laptop to the ST16s and opened it, the "Entrance/Exit Alt" value was a “0” and the entry point was changed (as it was saved on the laptop).
When I went to the actual site (BTW all trees and other objects have since been removed from the earlier Google map view), I started up the H520, opened the mission on the ST16s then entered the 20m as the “Entrance/Exit Alt” and moved the entry point where I wanted it, but instead of saving the mission to the ST16s, I uploaded it to the H520 directly, and upon starting the mission, it executed it as I expected using the 20m “Entrance/Exit Alt” and the newly entered entrance point.

So, is this normal for DataPilot?

Attachments

• Green Barn Project Before.jpg
    Green Barn Project Before.jpg
    249.7 KB · Views: 23
  • Green Barn Project After.jpg
    Green Barn Project After.jpg
    278.4 KB · Views: 24
Reactions: Steve Carr
Reaction score
OK so lots of views, but no answers as to the issue of why the 2 parameters change when saving the file, but if the mission is loaded directly to the H520 they hold as input?
BTW, I have done 2 different barns as structure scan tests (with 272 and 366 photos each) and am looking for a 3D model processor to create the actual model. I tried Reality Capture, but it may require a better graphics card than in my laptop (currently a Nvidia Geforce GTX). For testing purposes I can't justify buying a Pix4D subscription, so would appreciate other free or low cost reccommendations that pilots have had Yuneec success with to model a STRUCTURE SCAN.
Thanks in advance... Dan

Last edited:

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harrie