Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

OT - Ignore list for the DJI trolls?

i've fairly new here but i have seen a lot of useless comments pop up recently. that said, both at RCG and here, i see people raising legitimate questions about the H being labeled trolls or "DJI employees". i think the fanboy culture cuts both ways. imho many of these questions will be / are being answered as people actually get hands on with the technology and seeing is limitations as compared to its advertised strengths. why i joined this community is to get the facts from actual users, not marketing guys or paid advertisers :D

What legitimate questions? I didn't see a troll asking any sort of legitimate question or really give factual disadvantages.
There's a difference between a troll - "XYZ sucks!" - and highlighting props in the shots, tilted horizons, distortion, the fact that sonar doesn't always work as well as computer vision, shipping times, viability of RealSense etc. Unfortunately the latter also gets called out as a troll both here and RCG when they're legitimate questions about the H to consider. Just my two cents...

There's a difference between a troll - "XYZ sucks!" - and highlighting props in the shots, tilted horizons, distortion, the fact that sonar doesn't always work as well as computer vision, shipping times, viability of RealSense etc. Unfortunately the latter also gets called out as a troll both here and RCG when they're legitimate questions about the H to consider. Just my two cents...

Pro trolls know how to phrase questions/comments to make it appear as "legitimate discussion" when the real objective is to trash the OP. On props in the shots for example, at RCG a certain *** employee illustrates how professional trolls work.
Yuneec Typhoon H - Page 218 - RC Groups

For me the problem with trolls is not just what they say but how they say it. A true troll tries to control people's emotions. Usually they do this by saying something they know will make the reader angry. Then they sit back and watch the fun. I ran a forum for over two years before I got so tired of all the trolls I shut it down.

I don't think anyone here has a problem with others saying negative things about the products. If someone finds something wrong and wants a fix, it's okay to come in here and ask for help. That's why we're here. Being negative is not what makes you a troll...being a dick is.

I personally don't understand the whole fan-boy mentality. I've watched if for years with the Nikon vs Canon debate. It reminds me of football fans that have no problem cheering for a loosing team.

I have the Q500+ with the ST10+ (antenna modded), and a Blade 350QX2 using a DX7s TX and love them both. Happy I bought the Q500+.
The Blade 350QX2 is quite a trooper. I have one and for how many spills it's taken from hitting a tree to falling into a ditch with water, it still manages to stay alive! Hoping the H will be just as sturdy if not more, though I'm sure I'll be much more careful with it as well ha-ha.

LOL, the paid trolls don't only visit here, but they are busy with Simon's videos! :)

LOL, the paid trolls don't only visit here, but they are busy with Simon's videos! :)

I performed an experiment Sunday on my moderated blog at RCG and allowed it to become a typical RCG unmoderated free-for-all loony bin. It didn't take long to morph into unintelligible anarchy with the usual suspects swinging a wrecking ball into Yuneec (and me).

One "nice" troll suggested I didn't really have the right to use the word "official" in the title because I'm not a Yuneec rep, and that Yuneec probably wouldn't like the way I run it. Of course this same individual didn't have a problem with the word "official" in the Solo thread title that was also started by someone not being a 3DR rep that was completely FUBAR until finally closed. The difference? My Official Yuneec Typhoon H Owners thread is moderated.and the Official 3DR Solo Owners thread was not. Another said he was capturing my posts for ["future use"], whatever that means. Still others said I had "anger issues", was "not a very nice person", was a "fanboy" and the usual stuff trolls spout out. It was quite amusing. The mob does not control the narrative and they don't like it.

People that said they would never post on my blog again and put me on Ignore suddenly showed up. Others said I'd be the only one posting in my "private club". One posted some not so nice things. Days later it is approaching 500 posts even after all the deletions, and only a couple people who ordered actually have the H in their possession. Once new owners discover the unmoderated threads are little more than cesspools of DJI shills (no offense to honorable DJI pilots), I suggest they will flock to my blog and here where they can post in peace.

It took 45 minutes to clean up the sewer line leakage, but proved the point and actually was a bit fun for a while.

BTW, the truth is I never became interested in the Typhoon H until late April after watching several videos and reading up on the GCS. No it doesn't do all the fancy stuff my Arducopter machines will, but it's a beautiful machine, 360 gimbal, retracting landing gear, a hexa and will do exactly what I want it for. Did I mention the GCS?

Reactions: HarveyC and GlenT
"clean up the sewer line leakage" Had me laughing. Well done glider.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech