Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

A big...real big...hypothetical thread

No one knows what’s going to happen with yuneec USA, however there’s been info slowly dripping out here and there that they’re actually restructuring US operations. With that said, and if that does happen, let’s hypothetically say they’re going to pick up where they left off with the H-plus. Yes we know they essentially did that with the H3, but for the purposes of this hypothetical, just humor me for a bit and let’s say they do throw their dedicated h plus customers/groupies a few bones? Hypothetically speaking: what features would they add via a software update. We know they could cram a few features into those trim tabs, and that pesky aux switch just sits there waiting to be used. If you were the new chief running the restructured us operations, what bone do you throw the current plus users?

This thread is part “wish list” but more part “wish list that makes sense” I suppose. I know there’s been a wish list thread of sorts already created, but that was straight “what do you guys want”, this is more “what makes sense, what is actually possible, and what would yuneec give us if they were actually going to give us something” using the current components we’re already using. I’m not willing to believe yuneec is dead, and I’m not willing, or don’t want to believe, yuneec is finished with the H plus-most likely yes but again....hypothetically let’s say they aren’t?

Trim tabs= most likely cruise control
How about Aux button though?

There’s also about 2 other spaces for features with OBS 3 positions with (only 2 being used) and the global pan switch (or the other one;)

Edit*- shoulda put this in the h plus discussion.
No one from Yuneec reads these forums, they haven't the slightest interest in what their customers think about their product.... their actions prove it.

No one from Yuneec reads these forums, they haven't the slightest interest in what their customers think about their product.... their actions prove it.

That wasn’t the point of this thread. Clearly yuneec doesn’t read anything in this forum...anymore

Reactions: aw. pier
No one knows what’s going to happen with yuneec USA, however there’s been info slowly dripping out here and there that they’re actually restructuring US operations. With that said, and if that does happen, let’s hypothetically say they’re going to pick up where they left off with the H-plus. Yes we know they essentially did that with the H3, but for the purposes of this hypothetical, just humor me for a bit and let’s say they do throw their dedicated h plus customers/groupies a few bones? Hypothetically speaking: what features would they add via a software update. We know they could cram a few features into those trim tabs, and that pesky aux switch just sits there waiting to be used. If you were the new chief running the restructured us operations, what bone do you throw the current plus users?

This thread is part “wish list” but more part “wish list that makes sense” I suppose. I know there’s been a wish list thread of sorts already created, but that was straight “what do you guys want”, this is more “what makes sense, what is actually possible, and what would yuneec give us if they were actually going to give us something” using the current components we’re already using. I’m not willing to believe yuneec is dead, and I’m not willing, or don’t want to believe, yuneec is finished with the H plus-most likely yes but again....hypothetically let’s say they aren’t?

Trim tabs= most likely cruise control
How about Aux button though?

There’s also about 2 other spaces for features with OBS 3 positions with (only 2 being used) and the global pan switch (or the other one;)

Edit*- shoulda put this in the h plus discussion.

Interesting to read about your "problems and wishlists" .. Mine is lack of assignments and busienss for my excellent H480, flying like a dream...so far...
www.photo2be.com/aerial.htm

Best from Sweden

I believe to if Yuneec wanted to make money from us now the best way would to offer upgrades to the original H480 /H Plus / H3 and the H520.
What I am thinking of is the likes of.
1. Cruise control like the new H3
2. The Ox button to be used as a rate swiths one press for Low.second press back to normal. This would give us a finer speed control for the camera movement. IE. Panning etc.
3. Mapping ability like the H520.
I am sure that Yuneec could offer these upgrades as a downloadable individual packages at a reasonable PRICE. I for one would be very interested in some or all of these?
Mike

I believe to if Yuneec wanted to make money from us now the best way would to offer upgrades to the original H480 /H Plus / H3 and the H520.
What I am thinking of is the likes of.
1. Cruise control like the new H3
2. The Ox button to be used as a rate swiths one press for Low.second press back to normal. This would give us a finer speed control for the camera movement. IE. Panning etc.
3. Mapping ability like the H520.
I am sure that Yuneec could offer these upgrades as a downloadable individual packages at a reasonable PRICE. I for one would be very interested in some or all of these?
Mike

Nice mike! You nailed the entire purpose of this discussion. Those are exactly the ideas I had in mind when putting this question (hypothetical) out there. I believe those features would be incredibly easy to implement and would again throw the die hard typhoon fans a big bone with limited effort.

Nice mike! You nailed the entire purpose of this discussion. Those are exactly the ideas I had in mind when putting this question (hypothetical) out there. I believe those features would be incredibly easy to implement and would again throw the die hard typhoon fans a big bone with limited effort.

Hi Donny. Yeahhhh Great minds think alike ? ? Just think of it! How many H480/H-Plus/ H520/920/920-Pulse are out there? How much money they could make by simply releasing the firmware they already have as an upgrade path for us ?.
Cheers.
Mike

Last edited:
maybe the wizzard compatible (or something like it)
Erm...uhm...Hey mate.... The Wizard is compatible, at least it is with the Typhoon H I'm flying.
  1. With the Wizard powered off and the switch on the side set to angle mode, turn on the Typhoon and tip it 45 degrees forward twice after initial boot. This should result in a rapid blinking orange LED.
  2. Holding the Wizard flat (pointed horizontally) , turn the Wizard on by holding the power button until the leftmost LED at the top turns steady blue.
  3. Tilt the Wizard up to vertical (by moving your forearm, not just your wrist) twice, returning to the horizontal position between each upward tilt.
You should then see your Typhoon turn it's signal LED from blinking orange to it's usual purple.

Don't take my word for it btw, just watch Yuneec's (UK) video:

Reactions: Steve Carr
That wasn’t the point of this thread. Clearly yuneec doesn’t read anything in this forum...anymore
OMG, you don't believe in the Easter Bunny too, do ya? Is it possible that someone from Yuneec ever read this board? Sure it's possible... after all, they did us the favor of building a whole new generation of the H series, based on many suggestions made in a variety of "New Feature" threads across several model discussions, but most specifically the H Plus.

After all, don't we all want a brand new incompatible model, instead of all those nasty firmware updates? :rolleyes:

Reactions: Steve Carr
Hey mate, the subject was about the H-plus and as far as i know its still not possible to connect the wizzard with or or any of the other sugestions...
Erm...uhm...Hey mate.... The Wizard is compatible, at least it is with the Typhoon H I'm flying.
  1. With the Wizard powered off and the switch on the side set to angle mode, turn on the Typhoon and tip it 45 degrees forward twice after initial boot. This should result in a rapid blinking orange LED.
  2. Holding the Wizard flat (pointed horizontally) , turn the Wizard on by holding the power button until the leftmost LED at the top turns steady blue.
  3. Tilt the Wizard up to vertical (by moving your forearm, not just your wrist) twice, returning to the horizontal position between each upward tilt.
You should then see your Typhoon turn it's signal LED from blinking orange to it's usual purple.

Don't take my word for it btw, just watch Yuneec's (UK) video:

Hey mate, the subject was about the H-plus and as far as i know its still not possible to connect the wizzard with or or any of the other sugestions...
You're right mate, the subject did say H+, pardon the mistake on my part. I thought I was being helpful.

Slàinte

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmsmindspace