Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Over 1000 metres altitude? How do?

Iroquois Park is within the Class C airspace of Louisville Standford, which is why the firmware limits your altitude

Reactions: Eyewingsuit
Thoff is correct in why the software altitude is limited. Airmap.com on your mobile or tablet is a great tool for dialing in to the restrictions.
upload_2017-4-9_11-18-8.png

That is not a manned aviation requirement. The VFR separation minimums are 500' or 1000', depending upon how populated the area is. IFR separation functions on a minimum obstruction clearance altitude that is much reduced within the terminal area.

Reactions: Eyewingsuit
If I were you I would call Yuneec explain your situation and apply for waiver for that Spot from FAA. Do the waiver 1st...... You have nothing to loose at this point

Beuh.... lousy spot for droning...!

The worse of it all is we are going to have to miss this great view over the fireworks.....

Cheers!
The fireworks are displayed from barges on the Ohio river 7.3 miles away in Downtown Louisville.

That is not a manned aviation requirement. The VFR separation minimums are 500' or 1000', depending upon how populated the area is. IFR separation functions on a minimum obstruction clearance altitude that is much reduced within the terminal area.
Like I said I was not sure. My ground school training was 45 years ago and sure there have been many changes since then I'm sure.

With all the regulatory efforts focused on what we fly it might be a good time to pick up a book to brush up on the changes;)
I don't fly Private Pilot any more and I will not do the part 107 either. It's just a hobby.
My other hobby is just as expensive, Amateur Radio is crazy expensive when you update to newer technology.
I have one radio that cost three times as much as the Typhoon "H".

Last edited:
Just got off of the phone with Rose a Yuneec customer service. She tells me that I have to go to Part 107 to get any higher than what I can get on top of the hill.(65 Ft) I guess I'll find another place to get my skyline photos.

Not trying to lean on anyone about regs, commercial, or hobby flying, but with the passage of Part 336 in the airspace modernization act even hobbyists are now covered under airspace regs. The Careless and Reckless definition extends to everyone, and I believe all should be cognizant of how it's defined (extremely loose) and what conditions might assure a hobbyist or commercial operator remains clear of such a violation. At $20k/violation it might be worth looking up.

Not trying to lean on anyone about regs, commercial, or hobby flying, but with the passage of Part 336 in the airspace modernization act even hobbyists are now covered under airspace regs. The Careless and Reckless definition extends to everyone, and I believe all should be cognizant of how it's defined (extremely loose) and what conditions might assure a hobbyist or commercial operator remains clear of such a violation. At $20k/violation it might be worth looking up.
I am a stickler for rules and regulations, I always drive the speed limit while wearing my seatbelt. I was a Designated Manufacturing Inspection Representative for the F.A.A. and approved equipment for airworthiness with the 8130 tags. Not once in 10 years was decision of mine overturned nor was I ever cited for a failed inspection. I am well within the laws and safe practices. I am not in slightest way an irresponsible individual nor interested in getting into debates with you.

My apologies. I guess I have short fuse when I perceive an insult.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval