Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Overweight Takeoff

Reaction score
So I changed three pairs of propeller blades. I fired up my drone, and it couldn't even get off the ground. I did notice that it looked like the "B" leg was stuck to the ground as if with chewing gum.

The rotors spun noisily and helplessly, and my drone never got airborne. I got the warning message on my phone, "Overweight Takeoff Detected." Or something like that.

Any ideas on what I might have done wrong, or what I can do to get my drone to lose weight?

Sounds like you have the A and B props on the wrong arms and it is hugging the ground. Also make sure the props swivel easily In the hubs. With the battery end toward you the front right and left rear are A’s and the left front and right rear are B’s.
The B props rotate CW so the leading edge should face direction of spin. The A props rotate CCW.

Sounds like you have the A and B props on the wrong arms and it is hugging the ground. Also make sure the props swivel easily In the hubs. With the battery end toward you the front right and left rear are A’s and the left front and right rear are B’s.
The B props rotate CW so the leading edge should face direction of spin. The A props rotate CCW.

Uh, oh...I didn't realize that the individual prop blades were also labelled A and B. Thanks so much. I think you've solved my problem.

Uh, oh...I didn't realize that the individual prop blades were also labelled A and B. Thanks so much. I think you've solved my problem.
You will find the A and B markings on the arms near the motors and on each prop blade.

Reactions: Avesraggiana

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop