Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Panorama 360 ° 2 layers with AutoPano

Reaction score
Hi everybody,
I have taken panoramics 2 layers with the H [ie 2 times (8 + 2) photos] and I try to assemble them with AutoPano: for the moment no correct result because I do not knowthe right parameters to put In AutoPano for the camera CGO3 +
Does each layer of photos have to be put in a group of AutoPano or do the two layers have to be placed in the same group?
For the CGO3 +, which manufacturer to choose and which model? what focal length value should be equivalent to 35mm? Standard lens type or Fisheye? how to create "stacks" of images?
Many more questions ...
If someone uses AutoPano, it would be great if it brings clarification.
Thanks.

I shall try again this software, I found it very little precise on a single layer of 8 photos +2.
AutoPano is one of the best recommended software in the world of panning, which is why I try to apply it.

Last edited:
Pfff ... Microsoft Ice also does not understand how to interpret the 2 layers coming from the panoramic obtained with the H; I reduced the number of columns to 2, then took only the first 8 photos ... the result is disappointing.
Yet I sort by the name of the pictures taken: the H obtained them in this order of numbering nevertheless.
Well, it may be that I know someone who uses AutoPano and Typhoon H near Lyon in France, I contact him. If I find a solution, I will come backo of course, to expose it.

Last edited:
Microsoft ICE works very well for me - just select all of the pictures, and leave everything in Auto and it detects the panorama type and produces a decent file:

As an example: Bottisham Locks

Reactions: double b
Does anyone have any suggestions for Mac?

Reactions: Chris McMillan
Thanks Tuna, I just tried what you precise but MS ICE does not wortk at home as well as you say: there's a bit confusion.
So guys, nobody uses AutoPano?

Last edited:
You may want to try a different set of images. Shoot a fresh batch in a different location, in good light with lots of different detail. If the images are too similar, the software may have difficulty sorting out what connects to what.

Reactions: Graham
I've made several attempts with double layer panos using ICE (defaults) and in every case the stiching is poor. A lot of double or triple imaging. Would like to know the secret sauce to make this work.

If it helps, I'm shooting in raw then using Paint Shop Pro on my PC to batch convert the 18 images to JPG. No idea if that helps ICE, but I've not had a bad panorama yet.

I had ICE fail to form a panorama once. Yet when the H was moved a hundred metres, to virtually the same landscape, the next batch of photos made a panorama. And I've no idea why. ICE does sometimes ignore the downward facing photos as in the example below.
I suggest you load a few photos into ICE and see if that works.

Attachments

• The Tongue Panorama 2 low 291116.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 36
Tuna, was your Bottisham Locks pano produced using ICE? If so what projection should be uploaded to 360cities? Any other wrinkles to take account of?

Ok, I get the same probleme with a other software.

First, remember the name of the Typhoon H camera into the exif change with the software version.
Second, into the exif, the "FocalLength=2.8mm" & "-FocalLengthIn35mmFormat=14.0mm" param are missing.
I resolve that very easy with a small bat file with exiftoll, this .bat contain:

exiftool -overwrite_original -Model=CGO3P -FocalLength=2.8mm -FocalLengthIn35mmFormat=14.0mm newdir -ext jpg .
pause

This put the 2 missing values and I rename the cam so, I only need one cam name into the param file.
You can get the free exiftool here: ExifTool by Phil Harvey

@Graham Yes, it was. I basically select all 18 photos and import into ICE in one go, then auto everything all the way through. (Simple panorama: Auto Detect -> Stitch: Default Spherical projection -> Crop -> Export Jpeg). I don't edit exifs or change the pictures apart from doing a batch convert from dng.

The wrinkle with 360 Cities is it needs to be 2:1 ratio and at least 10000 pixels, so I pull it into PaintShopPro, resize the canvas and paste in some more sky to fill in the top bit before exporting. I would love to figure out a way to get the sky fixed as well - but the gimbal won't point up (even if the machine is on the ground) and I don't think my normal camera would produce a matching photo.

I've made several attempts with double layer panos using ICE (defaults) and in every case the stiching is poor. A lot of double or triple imaging. Would like to know the secret sauce to make this work.
Thank you Scoyle, I also found the same confusions!

If it helps, I'm shooting in raw then using Paint Shop Pro on my PC to batch convert the 18 images to JPG. No idea if that helps ICE, but I've not had a bad panorama yet.
Tunja, I did this: at the end, ICE always delivers strange things

Ok, I get the same probleme with a other software.

First, remember the name of the Typhoon H camera into the exif change with the software version.
Second, into the exif, the "FocalLength=2.8mm" & "-FocalLengthIn35mmFormat=14.0mm" param are missing.
I resolve that very easy with a small bat file with exiftoll, this .bat contain:

exiftool -overwrite_original -Model=CGO3P -FocalLength=2.8mm -FocalLengthIn35mmFormat=14.0mm newdir -ext jpg .
pause

This put the 2 missing values and I rename the cam so, I only need one cam name into the param file.
You can get the free exiftool here: ExifTool by Phil Harvey
This is exactly the kind of info I'm looking for, but I'm lucky with AutoPano to be able to set the length of the focal length (14mm) and force the software to use it during the "detection". So I should not need to learn how to use ExifTool.

Wow!
I managed to set AutoPano for PROFESSIONAL detection of 2 layers of (8 + 2) photos taken in pan with the Typhoon H:
- it is enough to specify in the preferences of AutoPano that it must use as EXIF the focal length of 14.00 mm like equivalent of 35mm;
- all other parameters must be left at their default value.
The comparison of the rendering with that of Microsoft ICE is without appeal, I attach 2 images (well, it's not very cheerful, the drone flies over a graveyard!):
- Microsoft ICE.jpg: I highlighted with ellipses some "confusions";
- AutoPano.jpg: that's professional!
Microsoft ICE.jpg AutoPano.jpg

@riverunner thanks a lot for your tutorial

want shown it in facebook
i have tried before export the jpg with autopano giga...didn't work. then have edit colour in photoshop and put the ricoh info on windows on it...don't work (not enough).
have tried the demo version autopano pro...it worked alone (with branding), but the ground wasn't shown perfect ... i have deleted it....
seems the only way is that 2:1 and the ricoh info, that all works perfect together...

... the autopano pro have used yunnec cam info (no ricoh) and it works. the pixels was something of 15.000:6.000 and it works...don't know if the concert in facebook need some time for a good look down.

if i only export with autopano giga, don't work. what's the reason? havnt found the solution to set the 14mm...
maybe somebody can explain that how

wished there would be an easier way

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval