Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Panorama 360 ° 2 layers with AutoPano

Hi all ---

Glad to see I'm not the only one having this issue. I've followed the video above exactly -- to no avail. I have used both PTGUI and MS ICE -- both are producing an excellent image. After adjusting the camera to Ricoh Theta S, and resizing to 10,000 x 5,000 pixels, I've uploaded to facebook only to find Facebook showing a simple jpg image. I can't seem to find any documentation as to exactly what facebook is looking for either. Any advice?

@riverunner thanks a lot for your tutorial
... if i only export with autopano giga, don't work. what's the reason? havnt found the solution to set the 14mm...
maybe somebody can explain that how wished there would be an easier way
What I wrote is true for AutoPano Giga, of which I bought the french version.
The 2 layers taken by the Typhoon H are perfectly identified and the .jpg rendering of the .pano file obtained after detection is simply fabulous!
All you have to do is to enter 14.00mm in the screen below, in the Edit -> Preferences menu and then leave all other tabs at their default value (reset button).
Once you have loaded the 18 images into a group, you should check in the settings of that group that all tabs are at their default values.
AutoPano.jpg

Reactions: costarika
I tried converting the dng to jpg using photoshop pro and still can't do a good stitch with ICE. I have placed my 18 DNG and 18 converted JPG files here if someone would like to check my results. I would certainly appreciate it.
https://hcpanywhere.hds.com/u/oAg-rN0IPuGyCD6r/panorama?l
Thanks!
Scott
I sent your .jpg files (less heavy to download) to AutoPano, here is the result:
Test.jpg

It is certain that with the .dng, the definition would have been much better.

Hi all ---

Glad to see I'm not the only one having this issue. I've followed the video above exactly -- to no avail. I have used both PTGUI and MS ICE -- both are producing an excellent image. After adjusting the camera to Ricoh Theta S, and resizing to 10,000 x 5,000 pixels, I've uploaded to facebook only to find Facebook showing a simple jpg image. I can't seem to find any documentation as to exactly what facebook is looking for either. Any advice?
Can you email me your final image? [email protected]

Thanks Bucho!! That is the first time I've seen any of my panos stiched properly. I need to seriously look into AutoPano. At least I feel comfortable that the problem may be ICE instead of my Typhoon H.

Thanks Bucho!! That is the first time I've seen any of my panos stiched properly. I need to seriously look into AutoPano. At least I feel comfortable that the problem may be ICE instead of my Typhoon H.
Well Scoyle, I'm very happy for you!
Yes now I advise AutoPano because I made the same "intellectual journey" as you, the time this thread will have lasted.
Of course the publisher does not give me even a penny and besides I do not ask him anything.
I now have a reliable and powerful solution for my panoramas from the Typhoon H, so I shared it here, as I had announced.
I'm glad I can now explore all the settings of the camera, to get the best of the H, and also from my other drone a DJI Phantom 3 Pro.
Get well.

Another observation, after the discovery that I have just made in AutoPano:
- once obtained the 360 ° panorama corresponding to the 18 images detected by the software, it is possible to request a "partial panorama" of the parts that are most appealing;
- for that nothing is easier: it is enough to remove from the "group" the images that one does not want to be detected.
Taking again my example of the cemetery, here is a partial view obtained with only three images detected by AutoPano:
Image1.jpg

Same here, no amount of fiddling gets ICE to stitch properly. Not sure what it is that causes it - could be lack of contrast, colour range, exposure, sharpness?

To post the image as 360 in Facebook, set the ProjectionType setting with Exiftool:
exiftool -ProjectionType="equirectangular" yourphoto.jpg

It might help in your situation. Facebook doesn't need the camera model in the image's exif. I use a Nikon KeyMission 360 camera which is a new camera not listed in their list of 360 cameras they tested against.

While trying to make a 360/180 interactive pano, I tried the programs listed above with poor results with stitching, etc. I tried Panorama Studio Pro and it created great results. My problem is determining how to upload it to here, facebook, or anywhere else. I did learn that if I copy the created files AND all of the image files to another location then the panostudioviewer works. I am new to these and thought that when the 360/180 interactive was created all I would need to do is upload the rendered image. I guess I was wrong.

For info, I did not use the panorama app on the H as it only created two rows of 8 images. I placed the H in a Hover, then panned the camera taking pictures at equal increments to create 16 images on each row. I took the first row with the tilt switch in the lower position which tilts the camera at an upward angle, the second row horizontal to the ground, the third row at 45 degrees, then two images with the camera pointed at the ground 180 degrees of each other. The result produced a detailed full 360/180 interactive image. The only smudge was the vehicle directly below due to a slight movement in the hover.

Is there someone here with experience in Panorama Studio Pro that can educate me on this process.

Once I can determine the best way to upload this type of file, I will be happy to show the results.

Thanks to those above for the shared knowledge.

I had my Typhoon take the first panorama images today. I used AutoPano Giga and the 14.00 mm setting and this is what I got. The image has a black splotch in it. I am guessing the software failed to recognize parts of the images for stitching?

AkobM1s.gif

AutoPano is showing "No Exif Information" for images. I tried the images from Bucho and his images are showing Exif information. My H has the latest firmware.

Anyone knows why my H is not recording the Exif information? Also does AutoPano need the exif information for stitching?

I tried Panorama Studio and it worked beautifully on the same images which AutoPano failed to render correctly.

AutoPano is showing "No Exif Information" for images. I tried the images from Bucho and his images are showing Exif information. My H has the latest firmware.
Anyone knows why my H is not recording the Exif information? Also does AutoPano need the exif information for stitching?

It seems that you are wrongly accusing AutoPano!
Your parameters AutoPAno absolutely do not fit, look at how mine are here for "detecting":
Image1.jpg
You have to observe strictly what I indicated in the post Panorama 360 ° 2 layers with AutoPano
About the EXIF information, I specified the parameter to register and AutoPano does the rest.

Last edited:
I tried Panorama Studio and it worked beautifully on the same images which AutoPano failed to render correctly.
Which in my opinion confirms that you have incorrectly set AutoPano, while it is very, very simple to do!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis