Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Panorama bug

Reaction score
I just did the update of my Typhoon H firmware this morning. All went well except for one thing. When I tried the new panorama photo mode, the 2nd photo seems to be always blurred. I tried only 3 panoramas, 1 with 8 photos and the 2 others with 18 but each time, the 2nd photo taken is blurred even when the shutter speed is fast enough (1/340). Does any one have the same problem?

I just did the update of my Typhoon H firmware this morning. All went well except for one thing. When I tried the new panorama photo mode, the 2nd photo seems to be always blurred. I tried only 3 panoramas, 1 with 8 photos and the 2 others with 18 but each time, the 2nd photo taken is blurred even when the shutter speed is fast enough (1/340). Does any one have the same problem?

Yes, I'm having the same problem. I'm still confirming and ensuring it is a reproducible bug, but so far it has happened every time. (which is twice). Seems a picture is being taken before the camera has finished moving into position...but not 100% sure on that.

Have taken a look at three panaroma's I made: do not see any blurring in the second photo.

I usually use Photoshop CC 2015, however I have yet to get a dual layer panoramic stitched together properly.

Bigger problem is: Second photo is still blurry. This bug for me is confirmed!! Happens every time.

Photos can be seen here:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwSU7h-wuqCOU1h5QnNVd1ZiZzQ

Updated (just today) and stitched together with Photoshop CC 2017, didn't work at all.
PS2017_stitch.png

Downloaded and stitched with MS Ice using autodetect.
MS ICE_stitch.jpg
ummm better...but not correct.

Need to arrange photos better before stitching. But that's not the issue.

Second photo blurry every time!!!

I usually use Photoshop CC 2015, however I have yet to get a dual layer panoramic stitched together properly.

Bigger problem is: Second photo is still blurry. This bug for me is confirmed!! Happens every time.

Photos can be seen here:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwSU7h-wuqCOU1h5QnNVd1ZiZzQ

Updated (just today) and stitched together with Photoshop CC 2017, didn't work at all.
PS2017_stitch.png

Downloaded and stitched with MS Ice using autodetect.
MS ICE_stitch.jpg
ummm better...but not correct.

Need to arrange photos better before stitching. But that's not the issue.

Second photo blurry every time!!!
Exactly the same issue as me. I didn't have the chance to do another test today but I ask another user and he didn't have the same issue, so it seems to be for some users only.

Exactly the same issue as me. I didn't have the chance to do another test today but I ask another user and he didn't have the same issue, so it seems to be for some users only.

I decided to call Yuneec about it and as expected they wanted me to re apply the firmware that I just applied a few days ago. The difference being instead of downloading, saving to SDcard and inserting into H and updating, he asked I do it via OTA as this will ensure the latest and greatest firmware version. Ok. So I did that.

Interesting enough the Gimbal version went from 1.22 to 1.25 and Camera from 3.2.16 to 3.2.26 Not sure how this didn't get updated the last time, but cool. At least it is a change.

Retested. No blurry picture 2. :)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwSU7h-wuqCOTThoNTRlSlJ3M00

Moral of the story: do an OTA firmware update of your H. It may fix your issue as well.

-ZenLife

....fly calm

Reactions: Gino
how do you do that?

1) Insert the sim card into the camera without the upgrade file (.bin) for the Typhoon H. You are using the card as storage on the H as it downloads it using the OTA.

2) Start the ST16, go to the upgrade page in the app. Select to upgrade the Typhoon H. It should say there is not firmware found, do you want to start the internet download for the upgrade. Follow the screens to select your wifi and start the download. It will take a few minutes, and the firmware will be stored on the sim in the camera in the H.

3) When the download completes, confirm the dialog on the ST16, and..

4) Hit the upgrade for the Typhoon H again from that page. Now it should start unpacking the download on the sim and proceed.

1) Insert the sim card into the camera without the upgrade file (.bin) for the Typhoon H. You are using the card as storage on the H as it downloads it using the OTA.

2) Start the ST16, go to the upgrade page in the app. Select to upgrade the Typhoon H. It should say there is not firmware found, do you want to start the internet download for the upgrade. Follow the screens to select your wifi and start the download. It will take a few minutes, and the firmware will be stored on the sim in the camera in the H.

3) When the download completes, confirm the dialog on the ST16, and..

4) Hit the upgrade for the Typhoon H again from that page. Now it should start unpacking the download on the sim and proceed.
thanks sounds easy enough...so this is only for the typhoon h and NOT for the st16 right?

I decided to call Yuneec about it and as expected they wanted me to re apply the firmware that I just applied a few days ago. The difference being instead of downloading, saving to SDcard and inserting into H and updating, he asked I do it via OTA as this will ensure the latest and greatest firmware version. Ok. So I did that.

Interesting enough the Gimbal version went from 1.22 to 1.25 and Camera from 3.2.16 to 3.2.26 Not sure how this didn't get updated the last time, but cool. At least it is a change.

Moral of the story: do an OTA firmware update of your H. It may fix your issue as well.

-ZenLife

....fly calm
Thank you! I re-updated the firmware via OTA this morning. Gimbal went from 1.22 to 1.25, Autopilot from 1.16 to 1.29 and Camera stay the same at 3.2.24. I did a quick panorama test and no blurry picture 2 too.

Thank you, all is working fine now!

I have been using Photoshop CC15 to do the stitching and it worked pretty well on using 4 or 5 images taken on the 8 shot pano, but it 'threw a wobbly' when I tried to stitch images from the 16 image pano. But then yesterday I got the CC17 update and I haven't tried it since. There is pro software that does the stitching really well (Photo stitching software 360 degree Panorama image software - PTGui Stitching Software) but what is putting me off is that you buy software and then have to keep updating it - at a price. One good thing about Ptgui is that there is a trial version available, but when you finalise the pano, it leaves 'watermarking' all over the image.
I would think that since the latest updates - the demand for pano stitching software will increase dramatically. I have also just had a check on Yuneec's Facebook to see if there are any comments or suggestions with regards to 'stitching software'. None! I will have a look at ICE though!

Attachments

• TP 002AHDR.jpg
    6.9 MB · Views: 21
I have been using Photoshop CC15 to do the stitching and it worked pretty well on using 4 or 5 images taken on the 8 shot pano, but it 'threw a wobbly' when I tried to stitch images from the 16 image pano. But then yesterday I got the CC17 update and I haven't tried it since. There is pro software that does the stitching really well (Photo stitching software 360 degree Panorama image software - PTGui Stitching Software) but what is putting me off is that you buy software and then have to keep updating it - at a price. One good thing about Ptgui is that there is a trial version available, but when you finalise the pano, it leaves 'watermarking' all over the image.
I would think that since the latest updates - the demand for pano stitching software will increase dramatically. I have also just had a check on Yuneec's Facebook to see if there are any comments or suggestions with regards to 'stitching software'. None! I will have a look at ICE though!
wow thats beautiful...i am using microsoft ice...very easy but i can't figure out how to save the panorama to my computer

-ZenLife

....fly calm
That's very interesting though!
One does the firmware upgrade and this is not the latest.
Worst, no one says officially that you have to reflash the firmware by OTA.
I did it, yes I had the second panorama picture blurred, and went to the latest firmware finally. Will try it one of the next days.
Thank you very much for posting it.
Am now looking forward for a great, rock solid TH.
Ric

Reactions: Gino
... By the way, can you please confirm your firmware versions, as I get
Gimbal from 1.22 to 1.25
Autopilot from 1.28 to 1.29
Camera from 3.2.16 to 3.2.24
Mine is on EU firmware.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members